View Full Version : X-Box 2 to be unveiled on MTV
04-24-2005, 09:02 PM
This is it, I think im finally going to get this over the next PS product.
Microsoft to unveil Xbox 2 on MTV
REDMOND, Wash., April 11: Microsoft tacitly said Monday it would unveil Xbox 2 on a half-hour show on U.S. cable's MTV four days before its rival reveals PlayStation 3.
The MTV program is scheduled to be hosted by "Lord of the Rings" star Elijah Wood, and sports, movie and music celebrities will also be featured to tout the new video-game console, reported GamesIndustry.biz.
It had been expected that both Microsoft and Sony would unveil their next-generation consoles May 16, a day before the E3 games industry show.
Microsoft is expected to announce a fall ship date for Xbox 2, just in time for the Christmas 2005 sales season, reported the Register.
04-24-2005, 09:05 PM
I'll wait to see how much it is, I've read there will be 2 versions, one with a hard drive and other junk including the ability to play Xbox1 games, and one without..I'd bet the one with will be 499 the without 299
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I think I will wait and see what others say about the quality of sports games on XBox. I have been less impressed with sports games for XBox, and other dvd drive-intensive games (like Thief: Dark Shadows). What I am betting will happen (as with every console) is this for XBox2:
* crappy games that "test" the abilities of the new technology
* sports games that are upgraded in resolution of graphics, little change elsewhere
* new sports games come on the market, with lots of hype and little playability
* existing sports games lose a couple of working features
* new (and buggy/incomplete) features inserted into sports games
* sports games start to become more stable, the games start to show real promise
* features taken out the year before come back into the games, labeled as "innovative, new feature!"
* game publishers implement features that gamers asked for, when it turns out the features were asked for 5-10 years ago, or were ripped off of another competitor's product
* games become stagnant, or horribly revamped (think about what Take2 did to the ESPN Baseball series)
* game publishers claim that there is nothing more they can do with the technology
* XBox3 comes out, repeat ad nausolem.
This is the pattern I have noticed with gaming consoles. I think it is crooked, but the game publishers get away with this crap. I'm still waiting for a hungry lawyer out there to strike up a nationalized class action suit against a publisher (even a small publisher would be a start) for fraudulently marketing products, and basically setting "roster upgrades" marketed as "new games". It is time that the power be put back into the hands of the consumer, not that of the publisher and its marketing campaign.
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Loyal PS user, but I have been on the fence (PS2 vs. Xbox) ever since the first Xbox was unveiled. I keep coming back to ALL OF THOSE PS/PS2 games I have stacked up in the corner that will be worthless if I make the jump. Also, I am not too keen on lining Bill Gates pockets anymore, either.
It does, however, sound like Xbox will have the superior product once again. I guess it will come down to game licensing. If everything is released on both systems--at the same time--then it should be a no-brainer (are you listening Rockstar games??)
04-26-2005, 06:59 PM
xbox sucks anyway...lol
Can't wait for E3 to hear some actual news.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.