PDA

View Full Version : The television movie "Locusts"

ws1990reds
04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Absolutely pathetic. :thumbdown It has Generation 1990's written all over it. It's a sad, sad state of affairs when movies center around cellular phone conversations and horribly-scripted acting. I had to throw the covers of the blanket over my head while laughing, when the scene where the community event is evacuated by some chick in really tight pants (her breasts looked pretty good in that tight shirt) who is flashing a federal authority badge and running around asking people "Do you work here?". My wife made me leave the room. :laugh:

SunDeck
04-24-2005, 11:08 PM
You were surprised by this?

ws1990reds
04-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Sadly, I was. I keep trying to hold some faith in today's television, that we'll see a television movie of substance (hell, it's hard to find that in the theatres, what with all the PG-13 movies coming out [as an attempt to cast as wide a net as possible]). That movies was just awful. :thumbdown

Johnny Footstool
04-25-2005, 01:17 AM
Four words:

Spring Break Shark Attack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450326/

cincinnati chili
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Four words:

Spring Break Shark Attack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450326/

I love the internet movie database. One can learn so much. For example, I just learned that Mr. T. was voted the fourth most influential American in history, "behind Homer Simpson, Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jnr."

SunDeck
04-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Sadly, I was. I keep trying to hold some faith in today's television, that we'll see a television movie of substance (hell, it's hard to find that in the theatres, what with all the PG-13 movies coming out [as an attempt to cast as wide a net as possible]). That movies was just awful. :thumbdown

Yeah, it's a drag. Unfortunately, it's just like the music industry- if you want good music you have to ignore the major radio outlets.
Speaking of which, anyone listen to Little Stephen's show? I catch it on an Indianapolis station (WTTS) on Sunday nights. It's wicked cool. Great music.

Falls City Beer
04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Absolutely pathetic. :thumbdown It has Generation 1990's written all over it. It's a sad, sad state of affairs when movies center around cellular phone conversations and horribly-scripted acting. I had to throw the covers of the blanket over my head while laughing, when the scene where the community event is evacuated by some chick in really tight pants (her breasts looked pretty good in that tight shirt) who is flashing a federal authority badge and running around asking people "Do you work here?". My wife made me leave the room. :laugh:

As long as her breasts looked pretty good....

RFS62
04-25-2005, 11:54 AM
As long as her breasts looked pretty good....

Yeah, I don't see the problem here.

westofyou
04-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Network TV, the McDonalds of Entertainment, empty calories and sugar to mask the real taste. (or lack of taste)

You don't go to a ***** for love...

ws1990reds
05-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Where is the best place to find alternative sources of music and movies? I'm quickly tiring of the lack of creativity in "majority consumption" entertainiment.

SunDeck
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I listen to these. I'm more into roots stuff, which is what you get with these two. Iy don't know if that's alternative or not, but you don't hear these folks playing the same stuff that you'll hear on Clearchannel stations.

wnku.org
wxpn.org

ws1990reds
05-02-2005, 07:00 PM
I listen to these. I'm more into roots stuff, which is what you get with these two. Iy don't know if that's alternative or not, but you don't hear these folks playing the same stuff that you'll hear on Clearchannel stations.

wnku.org
wxpn.org

What I meant was that I am looking for some good sources music and movies alternative to the crap that is pushed on the majority consumer space. Thank you for the links.