PDA

View Full Version : Reds VS Cubs 4/25 Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Falls City Beer
04-26-2005, 12:54 AM
can i switch gears for a sec--they run a mercury commercial during the tv broadcast every game with a lady that is hotter than fire--worth watching the game for that alone

Isn' t that the one where she rips an enormous fart at the end? :p: :mooner: :barf:

WVPacman
04-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Isn' t that the one where she rips an enormous fart at the end? :p: :mooner: :barf:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eric_Davis
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
prior hung the curve and kearns took care of it. That stat about getting Prior on the first pitch looks to be true.

Interesting that two things stand out about Prior's career.

Hitters have a 1.020 career OPS against him when making contact with the first pitch (0-0 count),....and....

#6 hitters have a 1.020 career OPS against him no matter what the count is.

Seems that with a stat like that, more guys should come up swinging at the first pitch because they're more likely to get a strike from Prior.

That certainly wasn't happening today, as most of the REDS were taking first pitch strike.

You'd think they'd figure it out.

flyer85
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Interesting that two things stand out about Prior's career.

Hitters have a 1.020 career OPS against him when making contact with the first pitch (0-0 count),....and....

#6 hitters have a 1.020 career OPS against him no matter what the count is.

Seems that with a stat like that, more guys should come up swinging at the first pitch because they're more likely to get a strike from Prior.

That certainly wasn't happening today, as most of the REDS were taking first pitch strike.

You'd think they'd figure it out.Prior made a mistake. I didn't see many others no matter what the count. It is an interesting stat that should at least tell the batter to be ready in case he leaves something out over the plate on the first pitch. It's not like Prior walks a lot hitters either.

traderumor
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Not only that, but he just doesn't leave much out of the strike zone at all. I know the Reds bats generally don't like the aggressive approach to swing early in the count, but it was disappointing to see them take so many pitches from someone they know pounds the strike zone. That, and more efforts at taking him opposite field.

PuffyPig
04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I made suggestions in the offseason and DanO did the opposite. I am confident we are on are way to becoming the Pirates and Brewers.

For the record again I suggested
1) Trade Jr and Casey... pay $35-40M of the 48 owed. Acquire a catcher and a young arm.
2) Trade Graves for whatever ... pay half his salary.

I'm not surprised he did the opposite.

Paying most of Griffey's, Casey's and Graves' salary to play elsewhere frees up little money and, effectively, would make us the Pirates and the Brewers.

Raisor
04-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Not only that, but he just doesn't leave much out of the strike zone at all. I know the Reds bats generally don't like the aggressive approach to swing early in the count, but it was disappointing to see them take so many pitches from someone they know pounds the strike zone. .

I thought the gameplan was actually good against Prior. Make him throw alot of pitches, get him out of the game, tee off against bullpen.

Six runs last night shows that worked.