PDA

View Full Version : Make a Fire from a Can of Soda and a Chocolate Bar!

Unassisted
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I was dubious, but the pictures seem to show that it really works.

http://www.trackertrail.com/survival/fire/cokeandchocolatebar/

SunDeck
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Pretty straight forward if you ask me. I don't really do any serious backwoods hiking, but it seems pretty far fetched to me that one would be carrying a six pack of pop cans in the wilderness. Maybe they have plane wrecks in mind...

pedro
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
good to know. :)

Johnny Footstool
04-29-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't really do any serious backwoods hiking, but it seems pretty far fetched to me that one would be carrying a six pack of pop cans in the wilderness.

Of course, it would work with beer cans, too. And that doesn't seem far-fetched at all. :)

Redsland
04-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Sure, this is a good trick for campers. Assuming, of course, that it works equally well with cans of soy milk and granola bars.

:)

SunDeck
04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Of course, it would work with beer cans, too. And that doesn't seem far-fetched at all. :)
Roger that! It seems much more plausible to me now. :beerme:

ochre
04-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Anybody else nervous that the page was translated into chinese? I mean if we give up how to make fire, what's to stop them from using it against us? :)

Johnny Footstool
04-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Anybody else nervous that the page was translated into chinese? I mean if we give up how to make fire, what's to stop them from using it against us?

LOL!

This could have come straight from The Onion's "What Do You Think?" page.

SunDeck
04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Anybody else nervous that the page was translated into chinese? I mean if we give up how to make fire, what's to stop them from using it against us? :)

Or worse, they will make it cheaper and flood the domestic market with their's.