PDA

View Full Version : 5/2/05 Cardinals @ Reds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CincyRedsFan30
05-02-2005, 11:37 PM
One thing we shouldn't be surprised about is that this type of loss would come at the hands of the Cards. That franchise is so deep with talent and skill thanks to the excellent job their GM/owner have done at building a winning team.

TOBTTReds
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he coached every single one of them.

Gullett doesnt coach hanging sinkers and curves

CincyRedsFan30
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
If the attendance was 15,000 today, it should be 8,000 tomorrow, they are lucky we have over 10,000 season ticket holders so it should never be under that.

I think there were less than 15,000 actually THERE. Probably around 10,000.

Will probably be around 5,000 tomorrow night.

flyer85
05-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Bad pitching ... bad defense ... dumb managing. A trifecta in the 9th

toledodan
I missed it ... how many did he walk or give up a HR to in the inning?

he is the pitching coach and has been given a hall pass for way to long. if gullet can't take some responsibility for how bad the pitching is year in and year out he has no pride in what he does for a living. did you see graves reaction in the dugout? i got the impresion he could care less. :bang:

flyer85
Gullett doesnt coach hanging sinkers and curvesand poor defense

CincyRedsFan30
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Bad pitching ... bad defense ... dumb managing. A trifecta in the 9th

I don't think you're referring to ESPN's late-night shows, are you? :(

CincyReds2003
05-02-2005, 11:41 PM
he is the pitching coach and has been given a hall pass for way to long. if gullet can't take some responsibility for how bad the pitching is year in and year out he has no pride in what he does for a living. did you see graves reaction in the dugout? i got the impreion he could care less. :bang:

Maybe its time they clean house completely! Get rid of the entire coaching staff and start off new.

Aronchis
05-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Losses like this hurt the bottom line and also team morale. The entire pitching staff, with most of the heat on the BP will be extremely intense. They could fall apart and end up 10-20 by 30 games if they don't watch it. 15000 crowds even for this time of year aren't very good. The Reds are producing bad karma right now. DanO will have to have a Night of the Long Knives to calm the peasents which is the worst pitching staff in the bigs.

flyer85
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I believe tonight just puts an exclamation point on the weekend. We have at most 2 decent pitchers in the bullpen. Graves has no idea where the ball is going and hasn't all year.

But don't worry, DanO wont overreact.

gilpdawg
05-02-2005, 11:44 PM
One thing we shouldn't be surprised about is that this type of loss would come at the hands of the Cards. That franchise is so deep with talent and skill thanks to the excellent job their GM/owner have done at building a winning team.
Don't say that. I got grilled for saying the same thing earlier. :laugh: Just kidding guys.

flyer85
05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
as Bowa said ... an 86 mph chest high fastball

CTA513
05-02-2005, 11:52 PM
If the attendance was 15,000 today, it should be 8,000 tomorrow, they are lucky we have over 10,000 season ticket holders so it should never be under that.

Its even worse that the Cardinals & Cubs series are setup on weekdays.
The Reds can expect to average about 15,000 for a while.

CincyRedsFan30
05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Graves has NOTHING right now.

He kept making a big deal out of giving up a run in ST so he wouldn't give up many during the season.

Well, that sure worked Danny.

The only "good" thing about this game is that the beat guys' stories should be full of interesting information/quotes! I wonder if Danny will have any?! :rolleyes:

The Baumer
05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't care if this hurts my reputation, but this ball club is crap.

In fact I am reminded of the scene in Bottle Rocket when Dignan grills Anthony for giving the house keeper a 500 dollar tip.

"You do NOT give up 7 runs in the ninth inning! That is unacceptable! THAT I don't forgive!"

shredda2000
05-02-2005, 11:54 PM
We have witnessed two historic feats today...

(1) Redszone expands adding a "minor league".
(2) The Reds play a game like "bush leaguers".

This day, May 2nd 2005, will live in infamy (but only for feat #2).

flyer85
05-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Graves has NOTHING right now.
and there are 3-4 other guys in the pen who fit that desciption. Not a power arm in sight.

CincyRedsFan30
05-02-2005, 11:55 PM
We have witnessed two historic feats today...

(1) Redszone expands adding a "minor league".
(2) The Reds play a game like "bush leaguers".

This day, May 2nd 2005, will live in infamy (but only for feat #2).

And today is my sister's birthday. It's a good thing she's not a baseball fan or she would have had a rough day. ;)

NorCalRedsFan
05-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Folks,

This game happened for a reason. We all know the problems of our bullpen and starting pitching. Other than this game our starters rarely go longer than 5 innings which results in a burned out bullpen. That's what we all saw today on national tv.

Note to O'Brien: What planet are you on? We at Redzone have seen this the last two weeks. You have been "asleep at the switch" and not doing your job. Go get quality pitching now. Go get Oliver Perez, Kip Wells and put the Reds in a position for success.

Thank you.

Your friendly neighborhood Redsfan

CincyRedsFan30
05-03-2005, 12:03 AM
and there are 3-4 other guys in the pen who fit that desciption. Not a power arm in sight.

O'Brien needs to call up a few of the AAA guys. They couldn't be any worse than what we have right now.

I'm sure he will do absolutely NOTHING though.

flyer85
05-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Go get Oliver Perez, Kip Wells and put the Reds in a position for success.sorry ... there are no shortcuts, the Reds will have to develop their own. It is time to take the lumps from the years of neglect of developing pitching. There is no magic pill or trade(s) to fix it.

CincyRedsFan30
05-03-2005, 12:08 AM
If O'Brien's speed of movement during the offseason tells us anything(doing nothing at the Winter Meetings before finally making moves), he will take all season to do anything to shake this roster up.

I wish the team would eat Graves' salary and dump him. He has absolutely no use. Of course that would never happen though.

OnBaseMachine
05-03-2005, 12:12 AM
What really makes me mad is Weathers walking two Juan Castro lite hitters to start the 9th-Molina(.414 OPS) and Nunez(.681 OPS.) Those guys had a combined 3 walks in nearly 100 atbats prior to tonight. No excuse for that.

flyer85
05-03-2005, 12:14 AM
What really makes me mad is Weathers walking two Juan Castro lite hitters to start the 9th-Molina(.414 OPS) and Nunez(.681 OPS.) Those guys had a combined 3 walks in nearly 100 atbats prior to tonight. No excuse for that.with Mercker and Wagner already used it was bad pitchers as far as the eye could see.

CincyRedsFan30
05-03-2005, 12:14 AM
What really makes me mad is Weathers walking two Juan Castro lite hitters to start the 9th-Molina(.414 OPS) and Nunez(.681 OPS.) Those guys had a combined 3 walks in nearly 100 atbats prior to tonight. No excuse for that.

Of course there is an excuse:

David Weathers was pitching. :rolleyes:

buckshotrod
05-03-2005, 12:16 AM
sorry ... there are no shortcuts, the Reds will have to develop their own. It is time to take the lumps from the years of neglect of developing pitching. There is no magic pill or trade(s) to fix it.

The sad thing is this team is not that far off IMHO...what I mean is all they need is just an average bullpen...give me an average bullpen with this team and I am in contention man! I can remember just a few years back we had the best bullpen in baseball or close to it....oh where oh where did my bullpen go..or where or where could it be????????? Plus...give me Freel darn it!

BUTLER REDSFAN
05-03-2005, 01:45 AM
didnt we just have a fire sale 2 years ago??? and now we have to have another one?????????

Phoenix
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
You just wish you could turn the page on this game but you won't be able to. We'll see it continually played in the media and the Cardinals and their fans will always refer to it. How does this team react in the short term? I doubt Pete would bet on them for the next few games.