PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mods of the redzone site

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 02:03 AM
No disrespect here but how long do we non members have to show you guys that we are respected enough by you guys so that we can post on the main board.

Im just wondering??

schroomytunes
05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
wv check your private message

Caveat Emperor
05-04-2005, 02:11 AM
No disrespect here but how long do we non members have to show you guys that we are respected enough by you guys so that we can post on the main board.

Im just wondering??

Hehehe, come on...enjoy and revel in the fun that is Minor League Baseball! The posters you see on here today could very well be the future stars of the Reds Chat board! :laugh:

I think it's wrong to think of this whole thing as just "Make posts to prove I'm intelligent" just to go talk on the other board. The minor league board here is as fully functional as anything happening on the other side, same issues getting kicked around, same hatred of Danny Graves. Still a great place to talk Reds baseball.

Not to speak on behalf of the mods, but relax and enjoy things. You'll get a call up when you're ready...

...or when princeton or westofyou pulls a hammy legging out a grounder and gets put on the DL. :thumbup:

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Hehehe, come on...enjoy and revel in the fun that is Minor League Baseball! The posters you see on here today could very well be the future stars of the Reds Chat board! :laugh:

I think it's wrong to think of this whole thing as just "Make posts to prove I'm intelligent" just to go talk on the other board. The minor league board here is as fully functional as anything happening on the other side, same issues getting kicked around, same hatred of Danny Graves. Still a great place to talk Reds baseball.

Not to speak on behalf of the mods, but relax and enjoy things. You'll get a call up when you're ready...

...or when princeton or westofyou pulls a hammy legging out a grounder and gets put on the DL. :thumbup:

LMAO,bud I know what your saying and yes I will have fun in the minors b/c I'll have too. :beerme:

The Baumer
05-04-2005, 02:23 AM
How do we know the amount of points we have?

N/M just noticed they added it below your post count.

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 02:24 AM
How do we know the amount of points we have?

N/M just noticed they added it below your post count.

Were it says Reputation at and I think theres clouds or something you click on as well under your name.

zombie-a-go-go
05-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Your reputation rating will rise or fall depending on the quality of the posts you make. It's - supposedly - not a popularity contest, and as everyone gets over the "newness" of this system, I believe things will shake themselves out, the cream should rise to the top, the chaff... well, you know.

In the meantime, as you've already noticed, the Reds Live forum has the same functionality as the Reds Talk, or "Big Show," forum does, so there's no reason that you can't enjoy yourseves here.

A hint: I believe the new system was instituted to cut down on the number of "this player sucks" threads. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with "this player sucks," but it's better received if you have something to back your opinion up with... and no, "he's fat" isn't a good reason. ;) Just talk baseball, have a good time, stay away from grinding axes and getting into member vs. member squabbles, and you'll find yourself with full forum access.

Act petulant, and you'll find yourself staying here. Not that it's a bad place to be, but realize that not everybody wants to see eighteen different threads on why Rich Aurilia walks like a duck or somesuch when they log in in the morning.

MattyHo4Life
05-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Were it says Reputation at and I think theres clouds or something you click on as well under your name.

The icon is a little blurry, and does look a little like a cloud. Anyways, it's actually a scale, and will appear in the bottom left hand corner of one of your own posts. You can click on the scales icon in any of your posts to see what your reputation rating is for that particular post.

RedsFan75
05-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Your reputation rating will rise or fall depending on the quality of the posts you make. It's - supposedly - not a popularity contest, and as everyone gets over the "newness" of this system, I believe things will shake themselves out, the cream should rise to the top, the chaff... well, you know.

The only problem with that theroy is those of us who are more casual posters, who did little other than comment on occasion, will never progress very high.

Sabo17
05-04-2005, 08:39 AM
and no, "he's fat" isn't a good reason. ;) .

Are you sure that isnt a good reason....

HAHAH!!!

I like that... Good one Zombie..

redsfanmia
05-04-2005, 09:04 AM
It is nice not to have the this player sucks just because i say threads, but looking at my reputation im beginning to feel like Motorboat Jones.

Spring~Fields
05-04-2005, 09:33 AM

Im just wondering??

Make this site a good read or site to contribute to and it won't matter. :)

smith288
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Think of it as a competition between the Live! and CRT...who can have a more quality board? If you succeed, then you can go to both, only to CRT or only to Live... The effort to keep the topics intelligent and meaningful is the purpose. But of course if you disagree with the policy, you are welcome to leave and make yoru own or take part in one of the other boards that allow for pointless threads, constant bickering and boring dialog...

flyer85
05-04-2005, 10:14 AM
They should change it so the CRT folks can't post here unless they get thrown off their board. :D

... and the peasants rejoiced. :mooner:

wally post
05-04-2005, 10:50 AM
I think it's a great idea. I hardly ever post here due to my busy schedule, but have been a very small part of RZ for along time. I'll be curious to see what my rating is here...
go reds!

HotCorner
05-04-2005, 10:50 AM
The only problem with that theroy is those of us who are more casual posters, who did little other than comment on occasion, will never progress very high.

Amen.

ochre
05-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I think it's a great idea. I hardly ever post here due to my busy schedule, but have been a very small part of RZ for along time. I'll be curious to see what my rating is here...
go reds!
your join date is in 2000, so you are CRT enabled :)

wally post
05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Amen.

If that's the case, perhaps a change will be considered.

I think in Japan, young people tend to start "at the top" and if they mess up, their status drops. This always makes me sad when I see a 30 year old busboy over there. The owners of this site will no doubt adjust if there is something unfair for the not-often poster (like me).

Until then, try to hang in - the creme always rises to the top

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
There's nothing wrong with this board...I actually like it better than the old board with everyone on it. I could care less about "impressing" anybody with my posts. I know I will never pile on the reputation points because, quite frankly, I am hard on the Reds when they are sucking up the NL. And since that is what they are currently doing (with absolutely no signs of that improving this year) I'm just not going to click with some of the "rose-colored glasses" folks on the main board. Now...watch my reputation go down with this post :laugh:

Boss-Hog
05-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I know I will never pile on the reputation points because, quite frankly, I am hard on the Reds when they are sucking up the NL. And since that is what they are currently doing (with absolutely no signs of that improving this year) I'm just not going to click with some of the "rose-colored glasses" folks on the main board.

You've completely missed the point.

TeamCasey
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with this board...

I agree. (Edit: I agree with this sentence).

It's early, but I'm simply seeing less bickering.

I'm enjoying both boards more than I've enjoyed the single baseball board in a long time.

Ryan the Reds Fan
05-04-2005, 11:56 AM

I'm enjoying both boards more than I've enjoyed the single baseball board in a long time.

Amen TC. I agree completely.

Chuck H.
05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Mods- just something to consider, if a member is in good standing(for a example, 40 reputation points or more)no matter how many posts they have. In a year or two from this point of the change over, they would be considered for posting on Reds talk.

MattyHo4Life
05-04-2005, 02:09 PM

The posts on both boards do seem to be a lot more interesting with the change. I had some doubts about how it would work, but the forum seems to be better than ever.

GOOCH
05-04-2005, 02:21 PM
My only problem with the system is that it discriminates against the lurker / occasional poster...especially fans of other teams that like to contribute on occasion. Like me. ;) D.GOOCH

Mutaman
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with this board...I actually like it better than the old board with everyone on it. I could care less about "impressing" anybody with my posts. I know I will never pile on the reputation points because, quite frankly, I am hard on the Reds when they are sucking up the NL. And since that is what they are currently doing (with absolutely no signs of that improving this year) I'm just not going to click with some of the "rose-colored glasses" folks on the main board. Now...watch my reputation go down with this post :laugh:

I think its the god given right of every baseball fan to complain, whine, and criticise. And if you're a Reds fan and haven't been doing that the last week, there's something wrong with you. But no second guessing. And as I said before, I think the "minor league board " may be more interesting than the "majors".

Mutaman
05-04-2005, 02:51 PM
My only problem with the system is that it discriminates against the lurker / occasional poster...especially fans of other teams that like to contribute on occasion. Like me. ;) D.GOOCH

What other team? It better not be the Cubs.

TeamDunn
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM

It would not effect a lurker because they would not be posting anyway, but they can still read all of the forum.

As for an occasional poster...if they only post here and there then they can still post here.

Right? :)

Little Alex
05-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I like the new system.

Although, as hard as I am on my Reds, I'm sure I'll be in the negative numbers in no time.

Plus, like a poster said before me, I've never been a big fan of the "no matter how bad they suck, I still think they are going to the World Series" kind of fan. so I'm thinking that the "minors" might end up being the real "majors."

:beerme: :)

GOOCH
05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
It would not effect a lurker because they would not be posting anyway, but they can still read all of the forum.

As for an occasional poster...if they only post here and there then they can still post here.

LOL. Touche. D.GOOCH

RosieRed
05-04-2005, 03:27 PM

GOOCH, I for one hope you and MattyMo and Swampturkey continue to drop in here and share your thoughts. Same with ramp101 and Stewie and fans of any other team. I think it's great to hear from other teams' fans, and all of you guys have always been nothing but respectful while here.

Just my two cents. And on that note, I really hope our team beats your team tonight. ;)

TeamCasey
05-04-2005, 03:33 PM
GOOCH, I really hope our team beats your team tonight. ;)

Say it with conviction, Sister! I hope the Reds annihilate them tonight! :beerme: ;)

RosieRed
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Say it with conviction, Sister! I hope the Reds annihilate them tonight! :beerme: ;)

I think I'm a little short on conviction after the last two nights! :p:

MattyHo4Life
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
What other team? It better not be the Cubs.

As you may have already noticed by Rosie and Casey's comments... Gooch and I are both Cardinal fans. lol

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM

EXACTLY,I have posted atleast 15 times or so and have brung up some great things about the team.Yet im still 10!! :(

KittyDuran
05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
EXACTLY,I have posted atleast 15 times or so and have brung up some great things about the team.Yet im still 10!! :(The problem that us in CRT have is that we only can give out 5 points in 24 hours. Everytime I see a good post I want to give points but I can't... :( There have been a lot of good posts today and I've already used up all my points...

TeamDunn
05-04-2005, 03:58 PM
The problem that us in CRT have is that we only can give out 5 points in 24 hours. Everytime I see a good post I want to give points but I can't... :( There have been a lot of good posts today and I've already used up all my points...

Ditto!

All of the people that "want" in the CRT forum will earn the points...it is just going to take some time. :)

BuckU
05-04-2005, 04:01 PM
The problem that us in CRT have is that we only can give out 5 points in 24 hours. Everytime I see a good post I want to give points but I can't... :( There have been a lot of good posts today and I've already used up all my points...

Same here, maybe we could tweak that GIK/Boss?

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know,I just think people like me are getting shafted over this whole thing.I am willing to try it out for awhile but if my points don't start going up on a daily basis then I can't see myself staying here.It might sound like im whinning but im just stating the facts.I hav'nt said not one bad thing since joining the boards yet I get taken off of it.

Like I said thow im going to give it a chance for awhile!!!

KronoRed
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Card fans??

MARK DOWN!!

;)

HotCorner
05-04-2005, 04:14 PM

True but why should I be slapped with a 10 when I been around for almost two years. I understand that I'm not a known poster but I feel like my contributions over the past two years are considered null and void.

The_jbh
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Personally I feel the posts have allready gotten better. I've been coming to the board more lately. People are trying to impress Mods and so when they make a statement they actually back it up

It's kind of nice.

Don't make to much of the minor major league posting stuff. Just talk baseball.

Chuck H.
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I have been here only since early this spring, I understand why I started with 10 rep points. But if you have been a member in good standing for a couple of years, you should have more than 10 reputation points.

Boss-Hog
05-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Getting shafted? You've been here less than a month and I'd imagine nearly half of your posts have just been complaints about the way things are run here.

If the quality of posts was not a problem, we never would have made the move we did. Unfortunately, it was and overmoderation was definitely not the solution.

I don't know,I just think people like me are getting shafted over this whole thing.I am willing to try it out for awhile but if my points don't start going up on a daily basis then I can't see myself staying here.It might sound like im whinning but im just stating the facts.I hav'nt said not one bad thing since joining the boards yet I get taken off of it.

Like I said thow im going to give it a chance for awhile!!!

smith288
05-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Getting shafted? You've been here less than a month and I'd imagine nearly half of your posts have just been complaints about the way things are run here.

If the quality of posts was not a problem, we never would have made the move we did. Unfortunately, it was and overmoderation was definitely not the solution. Hmm...I dont like your tone, Boss...

NEGAVITIZE!!!

smith288
05-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Now I need to post again so i can get rid of the 666 post count... ick

KronoRed
05-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Now I need to post again so i can get rid of the 666 post count... ick

Sorry but for mentioning that I'm gonna have to neg you down :devil:

Spring~Fields
05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I can't believe he flashed that number on my trip through, I am sending the next medical bills to Smith asap.

smith288
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry folks...had to be done... *twitch*

RedlegNation
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
and no, "he's fat" isn't a good reason.

Now, why'd you have to go and bring up Dante Bichette?

Or Jimmy Anderson?

Is that really what we want the discourse to be here in the minors? Why can't we talk more about Rich Aurilia? Or Joe Randa?

;)

RedlegNation
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
It is nice not to have the this player sucks just because i say threads, but looking at my reputation im beginning to feel like Motorboat Jones.

Kudos. And kudos again. :thumbup:

I always enjoy a Motorboat Jones reference.

Storm
05-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Personally I feel the posts have allready gotten better. I've been coming to the board more lately. People are trying to impress Mods and so when they make a statement they actually back it up

It's kind of nice.

Don't make to much of the minor major league posting stuff. Just talk baseball.

Kissing butt turns you on heh? :evil:

reds44
05-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Can you get booted from the site for having to may negative points?

Storm
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Can you get booted from the site for having to may negative points?

I'll find out soon

alexad
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
My thing is I have been a member for a long time. So now I am considered a minor league guy? I am not sure about all of this. I am totally confused.

alexad
05-04-2005, 09:55 PM
How is it decided how my points are determined on what I post?

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Storm my man...how in the world have you gotten to -10? I know the first class looks down on us lowly steerage passengers but -10? :laugh:

Nugget
05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
What about the us guys who may not make it to the show. What I want to know is are the FO going to go out draft the kind of staff we need to make it into the show. The odd Homer Bailey makes it in here but after a while they may just turn into a Damien Moss or Luke Prokpec.

ochre
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
People who were original members (registered in 2000) and subscribers were started out with 200 points and rights to post on the CRT forum.

Unfortunately there are a few contributors that have been here for quite some time that did not meet those initial criteria. There had to be a cut off line somewhere and the original members and subscribers were chosen to be the initial batch.

Quality posts and an overall positive contribution to the conversation will eventually get you there. It really doesn't matter which side of the conversation one finds themselves. What matters is the consideration used in developing one's point and the way that point is expressed (effective use of facts as a foundation for an opinion for example).

ochre
05-04-2005, 10:42 PM
People with rights to post in CRT are, essentially, free to grade posts however they choose. They are limited to 5 grades per 24 hour (rolling) period. They can not rate the same person again until they have rated 15 other people.

I have some consternation that this will make it tough on some of the lurkers to ever get CRTized, but of all the options we saw to improve the overall quality of the site, I think this one is the most equitible.

**edit the value of the grades a CRT enabled person give differs from person to person depending on their rating.

WVPacman
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM

If the quality of posts was not a problem, we never would have made the move we did. Unfortunately, it was and overmoderation was definitely not the solution.

Well the truth has finally come out from Big Boss!! Im one of the reasons why all of this happened :rolleyes:.Im really glad you stood up and told the truth about this!! So in other words I will never get to go back to the main boards?? You forgot to mention why me and some other posters were complaining so much.It was b/c of your stupid changes to the board trying to get us to pay just to talk on the boards(remember)??

Now its time for me to tell the truth Bigg Boss I joined this site thinking I was going to be able to talk Reds baseball with other great fans.I have to be honest with you,,you and the rest that are Mods on here have done nothing but put us threw hell and treat us like dirt.Now that we won't pay you take off the main board and not let us post there anymore b/c we an't good enough for your board.Give be a break thats nothing but BS and you know it!!

I have never been on a site like yours thats so strict about your posters and not let them post what they want.You an't running a message board your running a prison more likely.Boss just tell me and the others that an't allowed to post on the main board if we are just wasting our time here and will not ever be able to post on the main board??

JaxRed
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
"You've been here less than a month and I'd imagine nearly half of your posts have just been complaints about the way things are run here."

It's like the old joke. Guy joins a monastary that has a vow of silence. You can only say 2 words a year. After first year Head Monk says "Anything to say?" Young Monk says "Food Bad"

After second year Head Monk says "Anything to say?" Young Monk says "Beds hard".

After third year Head Monk says "Anything to Say"? Young Monk says "I quit".

Head Monk says, "Doesn't suprise me, You've done nothing but complain ever since you got here".

WVPacman
05-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Im not saying nothing else HE took three points off me :rolleyes: Its ashame to I was almost to 200. :laugh:

Back to your cage WVPacman!!!!!!

Caveat Emperor
05-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Well the truth has finally come out from Big Boss!! Im one of the reasons why all of this happened :rolleyes:.Im really glad you stood up and told the truth about this!! So in other words I will never get to go back to the main boards?? You forgot to mention why me and some other posters were complaining so much.It was b/c of your stupid changes to the board trying to get us to pay just to talk on the boards(remember)??

Now its time for me to tell the truth Bigg Boss I joined this site thinking I was going to be able to talk Reds baseball with other great fans.I have to be honest with you,,you and the rest that are Mods on here have done nothing but put us threw hell and treat us like dirt.Now that we won't pay you take off the main board and not let us post there anymore b/c we an't good enough for your board.Give be a break thats nothing but BS and you know it!!

I have never been on a site like yours thats so strict about your posters and not let them post what they want.You an't running a message board your running a prison more likely.Boss just tell me and the others that an't allowed to post on the main board if we are just wasting our time here and will not ever be able to post on the main board??

I just don't get this attitude.

This new "Reds Live" board is every bit as good as the old Reds Talk board that we all used to post on. There's good discussion on just about every major Reds topic, a great mix of the old guard from RedsZone and a lot of new people that I haven't seen post a ton in the time I've been here. You are getting to talk Reds baseball with fans...I mean, last I checked everyone around here were Reds fans! :thumbup:

And all of this is achieved without the truly draconian measures like post-limiting for people who weren't subscribers! I mean, you think this is bad...

Everyone treats the other Reds Chat board like it's Shangri-La or something like that. It's got great content, but it's got the same content as this board. There are discussions going on both ends, and both have an exponentially higher level of discourse than what you'll find on the ESPN boards or the MLB.com boards.

Like I said on the front page of this thread, I think people are missing the point. This new "reputation" system isn't supposed to be some kind of contest to see who can make it to the other board and leave this one behind. It's a way of keeping idiots and mindless trolls off a message board, as well as cutting down on repetitive discussion and stupid comments like "I hate X player." Over and over again.

And, compared to the post limit we all had for about 24 hours a few weeks back, this is a remarkably non-intrusive method of moderation!

WVPacman
05-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted I did'nt call out his or anybody elses name.Yet when I respond to his comments I get points taken away!! that an't right he is just as much at blame than I am.Yes I lost my temper but he had no right to call me out b/c I never called him out when I wrote my first post.

Its over with so im moving on!! ;)

SteelSD
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM

In the interests of trying to help you out (honestly), let me point out a recent thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34207&page=1

The thread starter (GOOCH) has 22 posts. He joined in 2004. It's safe to say that virtually no one knows him from Adam. Why then has his rating been almost double his post count throughout today then?

He's a member of no "clique" or "group". I've never received a PM from the guy. He's never asked for rating points and I've never seen the guy complain about being able to post...or not...on any board. And I gave the guy positive points even though I didn't really agree with a conclusion or two from his thread-starting post there.

So why does his rating continue to go up?

Substance.

And why am I (a Star-Bellied Sneech I guess) posting here in the "minors" (an incorrect characterization)? Because it isn't the "minors". It's just a different board on this website. And if there's substance, I like reading it and responding to it regardless of who's writing what where. I sure as heck don't feel like I'm "slumming". Heck, I'm reading heads-ups on things like potential trades and good analysis and commentary on this board.

And GOOCH's rating keeps going up and it'll eventually take him to where you want to be while you're here complaining about where you're not.

C'mon, man. Think. Substance= Contribution. Contribution= Reputation. Add substance. Increase positive contribution (you can do that by critiquing the team or a player, BTW). Build reputation.

If you're not getting positive points for what you're writing, that's not an attack on your person. That's a commentary on your content- a critique if you will. If you post substance (stats or no stats...just good well-reasoned thoughts) and forget about where you're not, you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.

If what you're doing ain't working, change what you're doing.

SandyD
05-05-2005, 01:29 AM
very well said, Steel.

Cedric
05-05-2005, 02:11 AM
The whining about the board and the board rules is pretty boring. I mean get over it and post what you believe and people will either like it or they won't. I'm not gonna whine because of my rep points and I'm not gonna suck up for points.

WVPacman
05-05-2005, 02:17 AM
I'll try harder guys!!! :beerme:

Boss-Hog
05-05-2005, 07:16 AM
If you have a problem with me, you can send me a private message about it instead of flooding the forum with ~5 messages about the exact same thing.

MattyHo4Life
05-05-2005, 07:50 AM
I've been to many many Non Cardinal team forums in the past such as some Astros boards (watched as a civil war broke out and the board split), Cubs (been banned 3 times for doing absolutely nothing), Diamondbacks, Giants, and several others. The mods at this board have been some of the more professional mods that I've seen. This board has grown a lot (too much actually), and has been a great place to talk baseball. I don't understand what Boss or any other mod has done that's so wrong. I just don' see it. Like they say... you can't make everybody happy, but I think the new format for Redszone will make most of the members happy.

KittyDuran
05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
In the interests of trying to help you out (honestly), let me point out a recent thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34207&page=1

The thread starter (GOOCH) has 22 posts. He joined in 2004. It's safe to say that virtually no one knows him from Adam. Why then has his rating been almost double his post count throughout today then?

He's a member of no "clique" or "group". I've never received a PM from the guy. He's never asked for rating points and I've never seen the guy complain about being able to post...or not...on any board. And I gave the guy positive points even though I didn't really agree with a conclusion or two from his thread-starting post there.

So why does his rating continue to go up?

Substance.

And why am I (a Star-Bellied Sneech I guess) posting here in the "minors" (an incorrect characterization)? Because it isn't the "minors". It's just a different board on this website. And if there's substance, I like reading it and responding to it regardless of who's writing what where. I sure as heck don't feel like I'm "slumming". Heck, I'm reading heads-ups on things like potential trades and good analysis and commentary on this board.

And GOOCH's rating keeps going up and it'll eventually take him to where you want to be while you're here complaining about where you're not.

C'mon, man. Think. Substance= Contribution. Contribution= Reputation. Add substance. Increase positive contribution (you can do that by critiquing the team or a player, BTW). Build reputation.

If you're not getting positive points for what you're writing, that's not an attack on your person. That's a commentary on your content- a critique if you will. If you post substance (stats or no stats...just good well-reasoned thoughts) and forget about where you're not, you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.

If what you're doing ain't working, change what you're doing.BTW, GOOCH (IIRC) and MattyMo are Cards fans. AND as of right now MattyMo has 192 points. So even rival fans coming on this board can get rep points by posting quality material.

smith288
05-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted I did'nt call out his or anybody elses name.Yet when I respond to his comments I get points taken away!! that an't right he is just as much at blame than I am.Yes I lost my temper but he had no right to call me out b/c I never called him out when I wrote my first post.

Its over with so im moving on!! ;) You should because before long, your name will be equated to a pain in the butt and a whiner. If I were you, I would do more contributing and less whining about the policy. You know its the best Reds discussion site out there, make the most of it. As you can see, there is plenty of CRT members reading your posts so your comment about talking to "great reds fans" (which I can only assume you believe the Live boardisnt?) is still holding true.

paulrichjr
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
I have missed a few days posting due to the fact that I started building a house a couple of weeks ago. I came to the site yesterday and was all ready to post and of course couldn't. For awhile I was a little ill about it since I have read this site almost every day for 2 years and to be honest thought that a select few were wanting to rid themselves of occassional posters like me. Then I saw this thread and well...I totally get it. Not to mention any names or anything but I guess now I see why you went to this new system. I'm not going to say that I like it because I probably won't be on the big board for at least a year, but I understand.

Storm
05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Has anyone noticed that Reds Live is busier than CRT?

Why would anyone want to move up when all the action is here? :beerme:

smith288
05-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Has anyone noticed that Reds Live is busier than CRT?

Why would anyone want to move up when all the action is here? :beerme: I agree there is alot more action here. Busier wasnt the goal for the CRT board though...it was less meaningless chatter.

I think both boards have been MUCH better in regards to this though. Bravo to everyone. Especially the posters who came out of the woodwork to start posting.

Storm
05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
I have missed a few days posting due to the fact that I started building a house a couple of weeks ago. I came to the site yesterday and was all ready to post and of course couldn't. For awhile I was a little ill about it since I have read this site almost every day for 2 years and to be honest thought that a select few were wanting to rid themselves of occassional posters like me. Then I saw this thread and well...I totally get it. Not to mention any names or anything but I guess now I see why you went to this new system. I'm not going to say that I like it because I probably won't be on the big board for at least a year, but I understand.

You will wait a year to be on the big board? :bang:

"one day I will be cool" :laugh:

zombie-a-go-go
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
You will wait a year to be on the big board? :bang:

"one day I will be cool" :laugh:

Everyone, please feel free to use this post as an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards. :)

smith288
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Hence the rep... I tend to think he would rather have some psuedo gang war between CRT and Live but his "gang" is but 1 member.

Caveat Emperor
05-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Everyone, please feel free to use this post as an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards. :)

Yeah, but you know if he changed his name to "Jason Romano", you'd have to call him up to the big-league boards, regardless of his bad attitude or poor fundamentals... :laugh:

Puffy
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Yo Caveat - Tulane is now Number 1!

Go Wave!!

Caveat Emperor
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Yo Caveat - Tulane is now Number 1!

Go Wave!!

They've always been #1, word is now just getting out that it should be printed more often. :evil:

fisch11
05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
E=Mc(squared)......that's intelligent, GIMME POINTS! :D

savafan
05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
E=Mc(squared)......that's intelligent, GIMME POINTS! :D

Can you prove that in a new and refreshing way? :D

RedlegNation
05-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted

I'm getting shafted, too. We're already a few days into this new system and I don't have 200 points yet!

This system sucks!

;)

Aaah, look, we can complain about this system all day and all night, but it gets us nowhere. It is what it is. If you don't like the way this board is run, you can start your own Reds message board. That's the beauty of this wonderful country.

My advice to those who are not happy with the new system is what I said in another thread:

I'm just going to keep posting, keep blogging at Redleg Nation, and keep enjoying the Reds as much as I can right now. Eventually, I hope I'll get called up to the majors, but I'm not going to stress about it. The minor league board has been pretty good, IMO.

Just my two cents.

remdog
05-05-2005, 09:59 PM

OK. ZOG, your post is an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards. :D

Rem

Reds Nd2
05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm getting shafted, too. We're already a few days into this new system and I don't have 200 points yet!

This system sucks!

;)

At work today, I was wondering if any exemptions were considered for posters such as Marc Lancaster. People who would have quality content to post but don't post here very often and therefore will never build up the rep to post on CRT.

RFS62
05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
At work today, I was wondering if any exemptions were considered for posters such as Marc Lancaster. People who would have quality content to post but don't post here very often and therefore will never build up the rep to post on CRT.

I've wondered about that too. Maybe a "press pass" could be considered.

Reds Nd2
05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
I've wondered about that too. Maybe a "press pass" could be considered.

Something like that is what I was thinking. I wouldn't think it would be playing favorites to have some leeway given in extreme circumstances.

Larkin Fan
05-05-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't think it would be playing favorites either. It would be a simple case of special circumstances since he's a member of the press and I don't think that very many people would have a problem with it.

WVPacman
05-05-2005, 11:50 PM
LMAO,my points system is like a rolliecoaster I go up to 24 then fall to 10 then back to 14 then fall back to 8 :laugh: :laugh:

05-06-2005, 01:11 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I don't think it would really matter, since he could still post on Reds Live.

TeamDunn
05-06-2005, 06:08 AM
I would hope that any "news worthy" type posts from any "personality" would go in this forum so that everyone can comment on them. Actually I think that should almost be an "unspoken rule".

TeamDunn
05-06-2005, 06:09 AM
ps...and the rules have been set in place for all members of RZ, those people are members of RZ and once you start the "free passes" you open yourself up for problems.

Redsland
05-06-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree with TD and 91.

Our "connected" friends are able to post in the forum, and it is appropriate for them to do so in order to open the discussion to the most people.

OldCat
05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
And besides, it only takes 1 post to be put over the top if enough voters like it and want the guy up there.

For example, I bet it doesn't take Ramp101 long to reach 200 the next time the Marlins play us.