PDA

View Full Version : House Of Wax (movie)

ws1990reds
05-04-2005, 07:23 AM
I was really stoked about seeing this movie, until...

I found out that Paris Hilton is in it. No thanks. She's got a hot body, but that bird out in my backyard protecting two eggs has a bigger brain than does Paris Hilton. Comments.

Jaycint
05-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah I can't get into it either. Based on having seen her other performance on film I'm afraid I would just be let down again. :)

Johnny Footstool
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
I saw a Paris Hilton movie that I really liked.

:D

zombie-a-go-go
05-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Huh... doesn't matter to me; if it's a horror film, I'll see it.

savafan
05-04-2005, 12:31 PM
It does have Elisha Cuthbert in it though! :thumbup:

missionhockey21
05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
^^That reason alone makes it worthy of a rental. But I am not going to paid $10 to see it in theatres.

GoReds
05-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I saw a Paris Hilton movie that I really liked.

:D

Yeah, but I heard that one sucked as well.

Jaycint
05-04-2005, 12:59 PM
It does have Elisha Cuthbert in it though! :thumbup:

Hottest woman in Hollywood, hands down. Just my opinion of course.

Edit: Oops, I meant Eliza Dushku. Cuthbert isn't bad either though. ;)

westofyou
05-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I saw the original House of Wax here.

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/09.28.00/gifs/best-arts-edit-0039.jpg

They won't show movies made after 65, the original was 3D, had to wear little glasses.

No hot chicks... just Vincent Price and some daggers

Jaycint
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Huh... doesn't matter to me; if it's a horror film, I'll see it.

Hey Zombie, I love horror films too, and have seen most of them, even the horrible ones. I can only assume from your name that you are big into the zombie genre, are you looking forward to George Romero's new Land of the Dead film? I think it comes out on June 24th or thereabout.

savafan
05-04-2005, 01:11 PM
a cool website for horror movie fans is www.bloodydisgusting.com

zombie-a-go-go
05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey Zombie, I love horror films too, and have seen most of them, even the horrible ones. I can only assume from your name that you are big into the zombie genre, are you looking forward to George Romero's new Land of the Dead film? I think it comes out on June 24th or thereabout.

Romero is hella-swank. I'm so (italicized for emphasis) glad, now, that he didn't end up directing Resident Evil. Insofar as the new film goes... it's not highly-budgeted if I remember correctly, but George does good work on a shoestring.

Ever see Martin?

RosieRed
05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
This version of "House of Wax" isn't supposed to be much like the Vincent Price version, from what I'm hearing. (And I'm glad, because Vincent Price rawks in my book.)

I, for one, can't wait for "Land of the Dead." I'm excited they moved up the release date. :party:

ws1990reds
05-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Anyone else here seen that video of Paris Hilton (it might not be here, though) on "all four's" with a stuffed bunny, and spinning on some turning display case? She does look hot in that video. :devil: Still, I can't stand that twisted-face-winking she does for the camera. Her comments about realizing early on that she could just buy animals (instead of growing up to be a veterinarian) really piss me off. Not only do I think that she sucks as a celebrity in every imaginable way (if it weren't for her money, she would be a nobody), but I don't think it is fair that people can be born rich and have to do nothing for the rest of their lives.

zombie-a-go-go
05-04-2005, 03:34 PM
If a horror film contains any sequence that combines the grotesque with the surreal, then the film has done its job. "House of Wax" has two such sequences. The first graphically details the process of embalming a still-living body in wax -- the knife wounds and repairs, the trussing and securing of the body and the spraying of hot wax on an incapacitated person unable to scream. The second comes when a well-meaning friend discovers his buddy's waxed body and understandably tries to claw away the wax coating. Only by doing so, he is actually removing epidermis to expose blood, tissues and muscle.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050427/review_nm/review_film_wax_dc/nc:791;_ylt=ArC6WmAnbFF1MPec88trjG89FRkF;_ylu=X3oD MTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Acting is similarly routine, with the glorious exception of Hilton, who is so bad she steals the show. Indeed, the best moment in the film occurs when the filmmakers make it clear that the true horror experienced by Hilton's character is when she finds herself without a working cell phone.

:laugh:

Blimpie
05-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I dunno if any of you have seen the "series" that MTV has recently aired regarding the making of the House of Wax movie. It basically follows the four main actors around the set during production, etc...A real fluff piece.

Anyway, I caught about two minutes of this the other night and I could not believe what a low-rent diva that Chad Michael Murray comes off as...You should have heard him barking at PA's, cussing out the director...I mean acting like a COMPLETE little Bee-yotch! To my knowledge, I have only seen him in one other movie (small role in the Freaky Friday remake).

I have no earthly idea where some of these idiot actors get such a feeling of entitlement...

zombie-a-go-go
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Chad Michael Murray

Yeah, see... I couldn't even tell you who this is.

Blimpie
05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, see... I couldn't even tell you who this is.Me neither before the other night. I just got his name from the movie website...hopefully, one of the RZ members living in CA can find him and deliver a "beat down."

Oops. I seem to have facilitated this by accidentally posting his picture:

http://www.vidiot.com/OneTreeHill/images/ChadMichaelMurray-2003-1s.jpg

Jaycint
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Romero is hella-swank. I'm so (italicized for emphasis) glad, now, that he didn't end up directing Resident Evil. Insofar as the new film goes... it's not highly-budgeted if I remember correctly, but George does good work on a shoestring.

Ever see Martin?

I have never seen Martin which is a crime considering how much I like Romero's other work. The budget is pretty small for "Land" if I remember right, somewhere around 20 millionish? Still compared to what he had to work with in the prvious zombie films I think he should be able to pull off some great stuff with that kind of budget. Add to that the fact that they filmed in Canada so we got the conversion rate on the Canadian dollar and I think they were able to comfortably make the film he wanted to make. Hopefully the MPAA won't make him slash it to death for the big screen.

Yeah Rosie, I'm really excited that they moved up the release date, I was going crazy thinking I would have to wait until October.

Next RedsZone outing: Me Rosie and Zombie on June 24th to catch the matinee showing of Land of the Dead, who else is in? lol

LvJ
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/2328/posters/poster1.jpg

Is that Paris with ... stuff ... uh.... dripping? :ughmamoru

Johnny Footstool
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Is that Paris with ... stuff ... uh.... dripping?

It *might* be wax.

Then again...

KronoRed
05-04-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/houseofwax.html

The spoiler, so you don't have to see it :D

LvJ
05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
It *might* be wax.

Then again... That's a possiblitiy. ;)

savafan
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I apologize, the site I meant to reference before is www.bloody-disgusting.com

Jaycint
05-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I apologize, the site I meant to reference before is www.bloody-disgusting.com

yeah that's a great site Sava, part of my daily surfing along with good old RZ.

Michael Allred
05-13-2005, 01:46 AM
http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/houseofwax.html

The spoiler, so you don't have to see it :D

They have a spoiler for "Passion of the Christ." :)

Caveat Emperor
05-13-2005, 04:31 AM
They have a spoiler for "Passion of the Christ." :)

Yeah, but the beauty of that movie is that even though the main character dies, there is still a sequel opportunity! :laugh:

(we need a smiley for "blasphemey")

zombie-a-go-go
05-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Well, I went to see this the other night. :) I was expecting something along the teen-horror forumla of the late 90s - one of those "knowingly self-aware" films that can only be called horror because of the gore. It wasn't that, but it wasn't particularly scary, either. The storyline was weak, and there wasn't very much gore, either. However, the set-piece finale at the end of the film was pretty wicked. :)

The ending alone doesn't justify the nine dollar ticket, though. In retrospect, I should have seen Kingdom of Heaven... the film wasn't particularly good or particularly bad, it was just there. I can't really recommend this film to anyone.