PDA

View Full Version : Winslow out for year

Puffy
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
A Cleveland paper has reported that it is very likely that Winslow will miss the entire year because of injuries sustained in his motorcycle crash.

Man, thats almost two full year he will have lost. Sucks for the Browns.

savafan
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
:(

Red Leader
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Man, and I thought he was a soldier. ;)

Seriously, though, it sucks hearing that any professional athlete with that much talent gets hurt and is unable to play, especially for a second year in a row.

Hopefully, he will fully recover at some point and be able to play up to his abilities.

Puffy
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Seriously, though, it sucks hearing that any professional athlete with that much talent gets hurt and is unable to play, especially for a second year in a row.

Hopefully, he will fully recover at some point and be able to play up to his abilities.

brown-noser.

:mooner:

RFS62
05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm a Browns fan. Well, I'm a recovering Browns fan. I haven't been the same since that weasel Modell slithered out of town, ripping our hearts out of our chest. I just haven't been able to get emotionally invested in them again. I was as big a Browns fan all those years as I am a Reds fan, so it was no small thing when they left.

I hated the Winslow signing the day it happened, and nothing has changed my mind since then. He's a punk.

zombie-a-go-go
05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
It sucks hearing that someone so stupid is making that much money for doing a whole lot of nothing.

Cant Touch This
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I hated the Winslow signing the day it happened, and nothing has changed my mind since then. He's a punk.

As a Bengals fan, I was looking forward to having even more of a reason to dislike Winslow since the Browns drafted him. I didn't like his attitude at Miami. I was too young to pay attention to character issues when Winslow, Sr. was in his prime with San Diego, but I always liked him, Charlie Joiner, Dan Fouts, and the crew -- a fun offense to watch. I was only ten years old in the Freezer Bowl Era - can anyone tell me if Daddy Winslow was anything like Junior is now?

RFS62
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Daddy Winslow was a warrior.

Baby Winslow, from what I can see, is a very talented baby.

savafan
05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
It sucks hearing that someone so stupid is making that much money for doing a whole lot of nothing.

That's a very good way of putting it zombie.

LincolnparkRed
05-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Jay Williams says hello, and why didn't you learn anything from what happened to me?? I just can't believe someone can be this dumb he is lucky that happened in a parking lot and not out on the road where he could have hurt someone other than himself.

Cant Touch This
05-05-2005, 01:02 PM

Baby Winslow, from what I can see, is a very talented baby.

Didn't Winslow Sr. get carried off the field because he basically spent his entire supply of energy during a game? I wonder how he feels about Junior's attitude...?

Puffy
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Didn't Winslow Sr. get carried off the field because he basically spent his entire supply of energy during a game? I wonder how he feels about Junior's attitude...?

Still the greatest game I have ever watched. Winslow had something like 13 catches and he blocked a field goal in overtime.

What a game that was.

Edit: The Giants winning the Super Bowls were the greatest, but I think I might be biased....

Danny Serafini
05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Kellen Winslow II = Sean Brewer with talent.

ochre
05-05-2005, 01:16 PM

Now you have to rewrite that as:

Daddy Winslow was a gold
See, 'cause warrior is not pc.

RFS62
05-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Now you have to rewrite that as:

See, 'cause warrior is not pc.

Daddy Winslow was gold.

:p:

BuckU
05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Anybody have a link? Everything I am reading mentiones there is no timetable.

Puffy
05-05-2005, 03:31 PM

I listen to NFL Radio here at work and they are the ones that have said this. Spend about a half hour talking about it.

Reds Fanatic
05-05-2005, 03:42 PM

Here is a link from the Cleveland paper talking about it:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1115285653281160.xml

GAC
05-06-2005, 09:45 AM
That's OK.... Edwards, when teams have to use double coverage, will make receivers like Shea (whose is already solid) even better.

I hope Winslow at least has to give back his signing bonus (4.4 Mil). A buddy of mine told me last night that he saw on the news that they interviewed a neighbor of Winslows, and this neighbor says that he use to do all types of crazy stunts on the bike in front of the condo's (driving up and down outside stairs, popping wheelies while driving through the parking lot, etc). He drove it with reckless abandon whenever he got on it, so something like this was bound to happen. Pretty stupid of him if you ask me.

The Browns will still do OK without him. Before the accident they were already reporting that they weren't even sure if if was gonna be ready this year anyway. He definitely won't be now. Idiot!

Chip R
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Still the greatest game I have ever watched. Winslow had something like 13 catches and he blocked a field goal in overtime.

What a game that was.Yes it was. :(

bucknutdet
05-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Actual video of the Winslow accident.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/SameOldRutgers/winslow_knevil_owned_250K.gif

paste it in browser, sorry i don't know how to post otherwise.

Red Leader
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Did anyone hear if they gave Winslow a Purple Heart? ;)

KronoRed
05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Did anyone hear if they gave Winslow a Purple Heart? ;)

RL :help: :laugh:

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Bad news for the Browns

Good news for the Bengals :thumbup:

No excuse to lose a game to that team next year.

GAC
05-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Bad news for the Browns

Good news for the Bengals :thumbup:

No excuse to lose a game to that team next year.

Anytime someone is injured, regardless of who it is or what team they are from - it shouldn't be seen as good news. If you have to rely on an injury to the opposition to hopefully secure a win, then respectfully, what does that say about your team? ;)