PDA

View Full Version : Reds that you just hated

sdwagers
05-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I 'll start the ball rolling...... Jerry Reuss.

SEASON TEAM W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO
1987 Cincinnati Reds 0 5 7.79 7 7 0 0 0 --- 34.2 52 31 30 2 1 12 10

RFS62
05-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Deion

Chip R
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Pat Darcy
Dennis Rasmussen
Hector Carrasco
Jim Kern

Steve4192
05-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Tim Belcher ... because the Reds traded Eric Davis in order to get him. I probably should have hated Bobby Kelly for the same reasons, but I was never a huge Paul O'Neill fan and I actually enjoyed watching Bobby play. Belcher, OTOH, would have had to put up Pedro-like numbers in order for me to forget that he came at the expense of the most gifted OF I had ever seen.

RedsNeck
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Dick Wagner!!!
Bob Boone!!

Mike LaCoss

smith288
05-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Danny Graves :evil:

OldRightHander
05-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Does Jimmy Haynes at least deserve honorable mention?

Wheelhouse
05-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Bob Boone
Aaron Boone
Danny Graves
Ron Oester

Johnny Footstool
05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Jimmy Haynes
Pat Pacillo
Rick Mahler
Larry Biitner
Todd Benzinger
Ray Olmedo (lack of skills overshadowed by perceived "hustle")

traderumor
05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Clay Carroll, drove me nuts in the late innings. Didn't care much for Tom Hume as a pitcher for the same reason.

registerthis
05-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I find 'hate' to be a bit strong a word, but if you're asking my LEAST favorite Reds of all time...

Willie Green
Jimmy Haynes
Dennis Reyes
Deion Sanders

Honorable mention to Wade Rowdon, if only because when I was collecting baseball cards in '87 i got about a zillion of his cards of him standing in his warm-up jacket with that lost expression on his face.

I got so sick of Wade Rowdon.

Tommyjohn25
05-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Donny Sadler
Danny Graves
Jimmy Haynes
Deion Sanders

registerthis
05-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Jimmy Haynes
Pat Pacillo
Rick Mahler
Larry Biitner
Todd Benzinger
For some reason (don't ask me why) Larry Bitner and Mike Vail are inseperable to me.

I guess they're just the lasting impression in my mind of the "lean years" (early 80s).

Reds Fanatic
05-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Russell Branyan, I have personal reasons for this. My Mom is one of the nicest people in the world and a she was a manager of a card store. Anyway a few years ago Branyan comes in to her store was a total jerk to my Mom. He was basically upset because they were busy and he couldn't be waited on immediately and he was upset that my Mom didn't recognize him. He was so nasty and rude he made my Mom cry so I will always hate Russell Branyan.

RedsBaron
05-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Woodie Fryman
Milt Pappas
Alex Johnson
Jimmah Haynes

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Jimmy Haynes
Pat Pacillo
Rick Mahler
Larry Biitner
Todd Benzinger

Rich Mahler just passed away a month or two ago. I liked the guy. He toiled in obscurity with the Braves for years before the Reds picked him up in 1990 and he won a ring here.

My most disliked Reds:

Danny Graves
Reggie Sanders
Jason LaRue
Brandon Larson
(and who was that guy years ago who fell on his butt while trying to catch a fly ball in Wrigley Field and instead of getting up and chasing it he sat there and laughed...I don't really care for him either)

WillPitch4Food
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Can I give a shout out to Brandon Larsson up in here people?! That guy was a total :explode:

bucksfan
05-06-2005, 03:36 PM
With the word "hate" taken with a grain of salt (i.e put into proper perspective) :

Deion, Bob Boone, Vern Rapp, Dante Bichette, Ted Power (just from a baseball perspective for whatever reason, though I guess really these are all just from a baseball perspective, eh? not like I knew 'em or anything!), Kal Daniels (more because I think he could have been really good), Jimmah.

registerthis
Russell Branyan, I have personal reasons for this. My Mom is one of the nicest people in the world and a she was a manager of a card store. Anyway a few years ago Branyan comes in to her store was a total jerk to my Mom. He was basically upset because they were busy and he couldn't be waited on immediately and he was upset that my Mom didn't recognize him. He was so nasty and rude he made my Mom cry so I will always hate Russell Branyan.
She should have said "Oh, you're that guy that struck out four times in one game, now I recognize you!"

sdwagers
I find 'hate' to be a bit strong a word, but if you're asking my LEAST favorite Reds of all time...

Ok your LEAST Favorite Reds.... :)

Add Joe Price and Bruce Berenyi to my list

Legion of Dunn
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
The list begins and ends with Kal Daniels.

WVPacman
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Deion,Jimmy Anderson,Jimmy Haynes,Raberto Kelly,

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Add Joe Price and Bruce Berenyi to my list

Add Don Carmen to mine. Remember that "Ode to Don Carmen" that WLW made up? Hilarious. I think we need an "Ode to Danny Graves."

Sean_CaseyRules
05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Dont ask me why, but i never liked Dante Bischette, or however you spell his name, i never could figure out why, i just dont like him.

KronoRed
05-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Danny Graves :evil:

He's the first Red I really can't stand.

Deion was so bad I couldn't hate him ;)

deltachi8
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Jimmy Haynes
Rich Aurilia
Charlie Puelo
Carmello Martinez
Danny Graves (sadly)

Casey_21
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Oh man, lets see...

Brandon Larson- junk, He has NEVER impressed me.
Pena- Over-rated by fans because he can hit a long ball... AND??
Junior- Over paid and Under plays.. Over-rated to this day.
Bob Boone- Worst manager EVER.
Mike Mathews- I never got nervous when he came in, I knew what would happen...
JOEY HAMILTON!!! His pitching turned me into an alchoholic.

Thats all I can remember for now.. I don't have a most hated between these 6, I hate them all equally.

Redsland
05-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Brian Hunter.

Charged the mound against Scott Sullivan, who pounded him into the ground, then got traded to the Reds before serving his suspension and wore Eric Davis's #44.

WillPitch4Food
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM

Ssssss...

besides having a .313 avg, 1.165 OPS, 12 XBH, 12 RBI, and 6HR in 48 ABs this season... nothing

and yes, I know the man is a circus in the outfield..

Casey_21
05-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Ssssss...

besides having a .313 avg, 1.165 OPS, 12 XBH, 12 RBI, and 6HR in 48 ABs this season... nothing

and yes, I know the man is a circus in the outfield..

Well as long as you know about the 'circus part'. :devil:

Caveat Emperor
05-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I 'll start the ball rolling...... Jerry Reuss.

SEASON TEAM W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO
1987 Cincinnati Reds 0 5 7.79 7 7 0 0 0 --- 34.2 52 31 30 2 1 12 10

Pick any of your "Toolsy but can't play for crap" Bowden Types: Reuben Mateo and Reggie Taylor instantly spring to mind.

sdwagers
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Rolando Roomes, the evil twin of Eric Davis.

smith288
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh man, lets see...

Brandon Larson- junk, He has NEVER impressed me.
Junior- Over paid and Under plays.. Over-rated to this day.
Bob Boone- Worst manager EVER.
Mike Mathews- I never got nervous when he came in, I knew what would happen...
JOEY HAMILTON!!! His pitching turned me into an alchoholic.

Thats all I can remember for now.. I don't have a most hated between these 6, I hate them all equally.

Pena is no slouch... Quite a crusade you have against him.

ThatsAStrike
05-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't think I've ever rooted for a Red to do poorly until Danny Graves came into the game Wednesday night. After his idiotic comments about the fans and his poor pitching I was really hoping he'd stink the place up. So I guess that moves ol' Danny to the top of my Least Favorite Red list.

WillPitch4Food
05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Well as long as you know about the 'circus part'. :devil:

Yeah, we'll agree on that one... all three rings of it... :)

registerthis
05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Totally forgot about Ruben Mateo. Sure, we can add him too.

Red Rover
05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Leather Pants!

sdwagers
05-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Dave Martinez, Ruben Sierra

Casey_21
05-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Ok, Ok.. Sorry to <edited> off the Wily lovers... Obviously we all have a Red we don't like... He happens to be mine for various reason that I will not discuss.. It would need a whole other thread, and me probably getting banned from this sight as well... I loved Aaron Boone, but I don't put down the man that didn't... Its just openions, my friends.. :cool:

westofyou
05-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Joe Stalin

registerthis
05-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Joe Stalin
I heard he's really popular in Russia.

savafan
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Don Carman and Tom Bolton. I cringed every time they entered a game.

Also Todd Benzinger, simply because in Piqua where I grew up there is a man who has a Todd Benzinger museum in his house.

SunDeck
05-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Dibble. Hated him, ever since he winged that ball into the stands a busted that woman's elbow. And standing up on Fountain Square and yelling, "Hey, Cincinnati! We kicked there ASSES!" was just pure class.

timmario66
05-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I think hate is also a harsh word. I think dislike or couldn't stand fits better.

I would go with:
Hector Carrasco - awesome one day, horrible most others

Gary Redus - all that speed and wasted it trying to be a power hitter

Kelly Paris/Tom Lawless (sorry Tom Lawless Fan) - just cause when I went to Sunday day games a lot and they seemed to always be starting

Willie Greene - most lethargic player ever

That's just off the top of my head.

savafan
05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Dibble. Hated him, ever since he winged that ball into the stands a busted that woman's elbow. And standing up on Fountain Square and yelling, "Hey, Cincinnati! We kicked there ASSES!" was just pure class.

I met Dibs on one occassion, and he was very pleasant and friendly to talk to. Of course I was 12 years old, and the local newspaper was there taking a picture of us.

WillPitch4Food
05-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Ok, Ok.. Sorry to pi** off the Wily lovers... Obviously we all have a Red we don't like... He happens to be mine for various reason that I will not discuss.. It would need a whole other thread, and me probably getting banned from this sight as well... I loved Aaron Boone, but I don't put down the man that didn't... Its just openions, my friends.. :cool:

I wasn't puttin' you down man.. hope you didn't get that impression... I was just making a case and having a little fun :) ... I respect your opinion on the matter... :thumbup:

Sabo Fan
05-06-2005, 05:20 PM
1. Pokey Reese
2. Danny Graves
3. Jimmy Haynes
4. Dmitri Young
5. Jeff Branson

SunDeck
05-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I met Dibs on one occassion, and he was very pleasant and friendly to talk to. Of course I was 12 years old, and the local newspaper was there taking a picture of us.

Sure, make me out to look like the misanthrope. ;)

ochre
05-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Who was the guy they added in a late spring trade from Montreal a few years back that was supposed to be a "defensive stopper" of an outfielder? I think he had 2-3 errors in his first couple of games and was sent down/released.

ochre
05-06-2005, 05:32 PM

Big Klu
05-06-2005, 05:35 PM
1. Danny Graves
2. Tim Leary
3. Brad Gulden

Steve4192
05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Who was the guy they added in a late spring trade from Montreal a few years back that was supposed to be a "defensive stopper" of an outfielder? I think he had 2-3 errors in his first couple of games and was sent down/released.
Jose Hernandez?

Puffy
05-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Juan Castro - - would have been fine if he only got 100 at bats in a year (in other words, a utility player, used solely for defense) but the more Boone and Miley played him the more I loathed him.

Hmmmm, there is another signing I loathe.....

:evil:

ochre
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Jose Hernandez?
I was thinking Hernandez was the last name, so that's probably it. I didn't like that guy :)

smith288
05-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I didnt much like Tony Fernandez either. He was a nutcase

Petitt33
05-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Jimmy Haynes!

Steve4192
05-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I really wanted to hate Kevin Mitchell, just because I thought he had unlimited potential and p*ssed it away by partying and generally not taking his job seriously. However, the big galoot was just so darn loveable I couldn't bring myself to hate him.

Here are some of my favorite Mitchell highlights:

+ In 1990, he was four days late to spring training because he got injured eating a microwaved donut

+ Injured himself while eating a cupcake - though this is heavily documented, details are scant. It may be an offshoot of the oh-so-true donut injury.

+ Missed a game after straining his eyelids while vomiting

+ Became the first player in Cleveland Indians franchise history who was unable to complete an 850-yard training run.

+ Landed on the DL because he strained his ribcage while vomiting

+ As a member of the Western League's Sonoma County Crushers, Mitchell was suspended for 9 games after punching the opposing team's owner in the mouth.

+ In 2002, as manager of the Sonoma County Crushers, Mitchell was suspended for 7 games after punching an opposing team's 3rd base coach. The coach was apparently stealing signs...

How could I possibly hate that guy?

Johnny Footstool
05-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Also Todd Benzinger, simply because in Piqua where I grew up there is a man who has a Todd Benzinger museum in his house.

Hello, stalker!

ochre
05-06-2005, 06:09 PM

I thought Chris Brown was the eye strainer?

Gainesville Red
05-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Javier Valentin, Phil Norton, Gapper

Caveat Emperor
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM

No joke, I have it on good authority that Todd Benzinger actually held a franchise record for "Most Videotape Rentals in a Single Month" from the Blockbuster Video on Beechmont Avenue.

He was going into the store and renting 5-6 videos at a time, bringing them back two or three days later, and then renting another set.

Crash Davis
05-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Bob Boone for obvious reasons.

Bill Scherrer was the first Red I disliked as a kid. I have no idea why. Maybe the Scarecrow was just built too funny for my 9 year old eyes.

I do remember Jerry Reuss & Dennis Rasmussen getting me T.O.'d a few times.

Kelly Paris...ugh. Keefe Cato.

I see some of my favorites on the hate list. Kal Daniels, Pokey...I even liked Deion as a Red.

Bob Owchinko was cool. I remember those programs they used to have at the gate.

"What's your favorite kind of music? What's your favorite food? Etc." But my favorite was Owchinko's answer to "If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be?"

My wife, because she's married to such a great guy.

TC81190
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
The 2005 Reds.

LoganBuck
05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Hernandez was so bad that Burbank had a song he played for about a week straight in honor of him. It wents something like "It was a flyball high, it was in the lights, Hernandez". Burbank really hit on that one.

Curtis Goodwin mostly because they gave away David Wells for him.

Caveat Emperor
05-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I really wanted to hate Kevin Mitchell, just because I thought he had unlimited potential and p*ssed it away by partying and generally not taking his job seriously. However, the big galoot was just so darn loveable I couldn't bring myself to hate him.

Here are some of my favorite Mitchell highlights:

+ In 1990, he was four days late to spring training because he got injured eating a microwaved donut

+ Injured himself while eating a cupcake - though this is heavily documented, details are scant. It may be an offshoot of the oh-so-true donut injury.

+ Became the first player in Cleveland Indians franchise history who was unable to complete an 850-yard training run.

+ Landed on the DL because he strained his ribcage while vomiting

+ As a member of the Western League's Sonoma County Crushers, Mitchell was suspended for 9 games after punching the opposing team's owner in the mouth.

+ In 2002, as manager of the Sonoma County Crushers, Mitchell was suspended for 7 games after punching an opposing team's 3rd base coach. The coach was apparently stealing signs...

How could I possibly hate that guy?

Your Kevin Mitchell memories prompted me to do some googling and came up with two ESPN Page 2 stories that had me crying with laughter in about 3 minutes:

1.) "Squeeze Play" (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/050425&num=1) is an ESPN Page 2 story about the history of "Fat" players in baseball. Highlights include the aforementioned Kevin Mitchell and and the sad story of former Tiger Gates Brown, who was minding his own business in the clubhouse, fixing himself a hot dog or three, when the manager called him to pinch hit. Mr. Brown decided to shove the hot dogs down his jersey and go to his at bat, which became a problem as he slid head-first into second on a double and stood up covered in mustard, ketchup, and hot dog bun.

2.) "All-Bizarre Injury Team" (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/holloman/020307.html) features such loveable stories as Ricky Henderson missing a game because of frostbite in August, and Glenallen Hill missing a game after smashing a glass table and claiming he was dreaming about spiders attacking him.

I love Baseball. :laugh:

2001MUgrad
05-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Kal Daniels and anyone that has been a pitcher the last 3 years except Ryan Wagner.

OldRightHander
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Kevin Mitchell brings mixed feelings. I loved the talent he had, but his work ethic left a bit to be desired. I remember a day game I went to, I think in '93, where he hit a homer into the yellow seats and then one into the red seats his next at bat. He doubled in his third at bat and then was taken out for a defensive replacement. On the way home I had on WLW and Gary Burbank said, "So he hit one in the yellow and one in the red. If he had hit one into the green seats he could have hit for the rainbow." I still get a laugh out of that. That had to have been two of the most impressive at bats I've ever seen though. All that talent and he let it go to waste. What a shame.

kheidg-
05-07-2005, 03:14 PM
No love for Deion in here, eh. Deion was one of my favorites.

Now don't get me started on Dante Bichette or Scott Scudder.

reds_fan29
05-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Gary Redus - all that speed and wasted it trying to be a power hitter

When i read this Curtis Goodwin kept popping into my head!!!

Red Thunder
05-07-2005, 04:20 PM
My post actually doesn't fit this thread, but i liked Deion Sanders. Especially having him seen live for the Reds was quite some joy ... players who are always a threat to steal or to run out a double where others whould have ended up with a single are exciting. Especially if they are also booed by the opposing fans.

Back to the topic, I don't like Graves very much (especially his attitude) and heard quite some negative stuff about Chris Stynes.

OldRightHander
05-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I haven't heard much about Stynes, but I have a story about him. I was up in Milwaukee on business one weekend a few years ago and my trip happened to coincide with a weekend series between the Reds and Brewers at County Stadium. I bought a nice seat for the Sunday afternoon game and just went to the Friday night game on a last minute whim and bought a cheap seat in the left field bleachers. I was sitting around a rowdy group of high schoolers who were giving me unending grief about wearing my Reds cap. Stynes was playing left field that game and those kids were taunting him something fierce the entire game, saying all manner of things about his mother and questioning the legitimacy of his birth. At one point he dropped a routine fly ball in left for a 2 base error. The ridiculing kids really kicked it into high gear at that point and Stynes just turned around, faced the stands, tipped his cap, and gave them a very elegant looking bow. That shut them up for a while.

Larkin411
05-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Another vote for Dante Bichette.

I'm sure he's a nice person but I liked Hammonds a lot at the time and wasn't keen on the trade.

fisch11
05-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Gabe White....was horrible for Reds first stint. Then we sent him to Colorado. Then he comes back good again. Then stinks and we git rid of him.....you get the point. He'll probably be back next year again.

realreds1
05-07-2005, 07:19 PM
My List of "Most Disappointing/Annoying" Reds:

Deion
Tracy Jones
Danny Graves
Jimmy Haynes
Herm Winningham
Joey Hamilton
Mark Portugal
David Wells
Rick Wrona (there's a blast from the past)

Aronchis
05-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Where to start?
1)Jimmy Haynes: Did any pitcher get a bigger head after the fluke 2002 year like Haynes? He acted like he was the king of all pitchers and he deserved special treatment. When anything went bad, it wasn't Haynes fault because Haynes was king!
2)Ryan Dempster: Granted he was injured in 2003, but his actions like he was always coming around to pitching like the "stud" he was supposed to be and his verbal tirade at Lopez in 2003 pretty much showed what he was all about, go cry with Jimmy.
3)Pokey Reese: turned hat, prickish attitude. Enough said.
4)Mark Portugal: Another pitcher with a "I am King" attitude who wasn't very good. When the Reds got him at the tale end of his productive career in 1995, he never seemed to want to take responsiblity for his mistakes as a pitcher, sound like any other pitcher on this list?
5)Danny Graves: Graves always had a snotty attitude about his failures, but from 99-2002, he at least was a good BP arm. When he came back in 2004 from a failed starting bid with a weaker arm, he was still partying like it was 1999 in complete denial and everybody else was crazy who said differently!
6)Dante Bichette: Simply couldn't stand the guy. Players in denial about their own physical limitations do to aging really can grate at you. I remember the beginning of Redszone, people would pick constant fun at Dante and call him consistantly by his first name. Oh the days of Young/Griffey/Bichette.
7)Jim Bowden: Odd name on the list, but his constant "belief" he was developing pitching and then not squirting a single drop onto the ML team was embarrasing.
8)Tom Browning: This guy had a good/evil persona, you never knew what you were going to get.
9)90's Marge Schott/Carl Lindner: Neither really knew/knows how to build a ML Front Office though Schott was able to get away with overbudgted payrolls from 92-95 before she ordered a payroll of 24 million in 1998. Lindner doesn't know how to hire good baseball people. He wasn't comfortable with Krivisky and went with O'brien, a person who seems overwhelmed by this job and seemingly easily told what to do(he doesn't even put a final say on the draft picks for crying out loud).
10)Rob Dibble: A real live punk. Really represented a era when the fans didn't care for the players on the field.

Chip R
05-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I forgot to mention Chris Hammond. He was pretty much a whiny baby when he was here too.

That said, I just picked him up for my fantasy team.

westofyou
05-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I forgot to mention Chris Hammond. He was pretty much a whiny baby when he was here too.

That said, I just picked him up for my fantasy team.
He didn't get along with Lou at all.

Falls City Beer
05-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Dislike a Red that takes the field? Impossible. When they play for the Reds, no matter how poorly, I don't dislike them. Ever.

But to me, as crazy as it sounds, the Reds are bigger than baseball; I simply wouldn't follow baseball without the Reds. But I'm a weirdo.

Trust me, I'm not trying to sound all righteous or anything. It's just the truth. I can't dislike anyone wearing the red, white, and black.

OldRightHander
05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
You know, I can kind of see where you're coming from. When they play for this team, they're kind of like your kids. You have to love them, but there are times when you're not exactly happy with their behavior.

Yachtzee
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Can't say that I was ever a fan of Alex Trevino, Jim Kern, and Greg Harris. The first trade to break my heart. :(

guttle11
05-07-2005, 10:23 PM

how in the world could you hate Rob "world champions of the World" Dibble

as for who I hated, Steve Parris, ill never forget the playoff vs the mets, and Jacob Brumfield

MWM
05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Does Marty count? :evil:

I'm sure I'll get negativized for that.

redsfanmia
05-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Hate is a strong word but my least favorite current Reds players are Sean Casey, Danny Graves, and Jimeniez. As for all time Ray Knight and Paul O'Neill top the list.

Little Alex
05-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Tom Hume

WMR
05-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Danny Graves.

Walkerforpres
05-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Jimmy Anderson. Although I sure didn't hate to make fun of him (all those donut jokes still kill me), I definitely hated to watch him pitch. More than ever, I probably hate that he was signed because the Reds were the one team he was ever lights-out against when he pitched for the Pirates.

CE, that Todd Benzinger stuff about Blockbuster just totally made my day. :)

RFS62
05-08-2005, 06:54 PM
The Galloping Gonad had his moments

6-4-3
05-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Danny Graves

LexingtonRedsFan
05-08-2005, 07:12 PM
How about damon berryhill.....we gave up a first round draft pick for signing him....:bang:

KronoRed
05-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Rich Aurilia is moving up the list, but it's mainly because he keeps getting starts over Kearns

RANDY IN INDY
05-08-2005, 07:37 PM
When did Kearns start playing shortstop?

KronoRed
05-08-2005, 07:40 PM
When did Kearns start playing shortstop?

Freel in RF over Kearns, Lopez at 2b..where Freel should be so we can get Aurilia in the lineup

MrCinatit
05-08-2005, 07:44 PM

*quickly hides his Benzinger collectables*

Yeah. Todd sucked! (kidding, never really thought anything about Benzinger).

anyway, my list of most disliked Reds (hate is too strong for myself as well):
John Riedling - geez, i hated watching him come into the game the last couple of years. looking at his numbers is like watching a rocket ship - up, up and up.
Dave Parker - another one of those "so much potential, so little done" type guys.
Leon Durham - didn't he get busted for drug use sometime? not exactly one you would want on your team.
Juan Samuel - terrible. attitude.
Jose Guillen - yeah, he was pretty good, but he had (no...still has) one of the worst attitudes i've seen - this guy will never grow up. frankly, i think his attitude in the '03 clubhouse only helped bring the clubhouse down to the level it still seems to remain today, the "me first, there is no 'we' in team" attitude.
Danny Graves - frankly, i never really cared about the guy one way or another - until earlier this week. nothing like berating your fanbase as an excuse.

Matt700wlw
05-08-2005, 10:41 PM

I'll take a Rob Dibble any day of the week in this bullpen over the gunk that's in there now

flynn78
05-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I will have to say Ron Robinson, Bret Tomko, Rob Bell, Vince Coleman, Gookie Dawkins, Brandon Larson, Josias Manzanillo. At one time or another these men all took time off of my life.

Sabo17
05-08-2005, 11:31 PM
WILLIE GREENE!!!!! As a teen I would buy his baseball cards (for mere pennies I might add) just so i could come up with creative ways to destroy them.. I really disliked him..

CincyRedsFan30
05-08-2005, 11:32 PM
As soon as Aurilia is either released(hopefully but not likely) or is off the team, he will jump quickly on this list for me.

RANDY IN INDY
05-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Freel in RF over Kearns, Lopez at 2b..where Freel should be so we can get Aurilia in the lineup

Sounds more like Dave Miley should be moving up the list. ;)

bomarl1969
05-09-2005, 09:07 AM
1. Ron Gant-Left after the Reds gave him a 2nd chance.
2. Reggie Sanders-struck out too much, stayed hurt, and was a MAJOR factor in costing the NL title for the Reds in 1995, and is now a Reds killer.
3. Greg Vaughn-Cocky rent a player
4. Jimmah Haynes, Jimmah Anderson, and Danny Graves-obvious reasons
5. Sean Casey-the guy just annoys me, why was he talking to Milton Bradley at 1st last night? It was pretty obvious that Bradley did not want to talk to Casey.

Honorable mentions
Melvin Neives
Donnie Sadler
Eric Davis (1996 only)-see reason for Ron Gant
Paul Wilson-The guy is a slob, also after he left Farnsworth beat him up I lost a ton of respect for him
Paul O'Neill-for his comments about the difference between winning in New York and Cincinnati