PDA

View Full Version : Top 5: Worst TV show ideas ever

savafan
05-13-2005, 03:50 PM
1) Cop Rock
2) Emeril (the sitcom)
3) Manimal
4) Max Headrome (He was a Coke commercial for crying out loud)
5) Galactica 1980

GoReds
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
1) Three's a Crowd
2) The Roper's
3) After Mash
4) Full House (for that matter, anything with Bob Sagat in it)
5) Anna Nicole show

TeamMorris
05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Hummm...this one will take some thought!

SunDeck
05-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Any reality show as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.
Geraldo Rivera opening Capone's vault was a bad idea.

westofyou
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Reality TV hands down, the Velveeta of entertainment... without the shelf life.

The dumbing down of the storytelling process is one of the greatest crimes committed against the people by marketing scum and target group *****s.

westofyou
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Geraldo Rivera opening Capone's vault was a bad idea.

Missed it.... was at a Dead Show.

registerthis
05-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Does anyone remember a very brief NBC drama from the mid-80s called "Helltown", that featured Robert Blake playing a priest? Surely that has to be one of the worst.

RedsBaron
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Reality TV hands down, the Velveeta of entertainment... without the shelf life.

Amen amen and amen! Reality TV shows would more accurately be called Unreality shows.

Stewie
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
5. Shipmates
4. Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?
3. Dukes of Hazzard (The Coy and Vance years)
2. MTV's "I Want a Famous Face"
1. The Chevy Chase Show

Johnny Footstool
05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Jackass
Wildboyz
Viva La Bam
TRL

And the all-time worst...
My Super Sweet 16
http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/sweet_16/about.jhtml

Bratty, self-centered, hyper-privileged teens star in a commercial for elitism, avarice, and superficiality.

SunDeck
05-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Does anyone remember a very brief NBC drama from the mid-80s called "Helltown", that featured Robert Blake playing a priest? Surely that has to be one of the worst.

Yes, Helltown. Robert Blake as a priest, if I remember. The awfulness of that concept is indescribable.

What about that show about the blind detective? Seems less then plausible. It could only be stupider if they gave him a gun.

Stewie
05-13-2005, 04:22 PM
And the all-time worst...
My Super Sweet 16
http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/sweet_16/about.jhtml

Good God, I don't know how I forgot about that one. I must have blocked it from my memory. That definitely bumps Shipmates from my list and skyrockets towards the top. It's not worse than "I Want a Famous Face," though.

Johnny Footstool
05-13-2005, 04:28 PM
It's not worse than "I Want a Famous Face," though.

Well, at least I can feel sorry for the people in "Famous Face." They obviously have extremely low self-esteem. The psychology is interesting. I end up wondering how they reached the point where they think a "famous face" will make all their pain go away.

The brats on "Sweet 16" have no souls. I feel nothing but buring contempt for them.

LincolnparkRed
05-13-2005, 04:30 PM
The Osbournes (if that isn't an anti sex/drugs commercial nothing is)
Joannie loves Chachie
Joanne of Arcadia (high school girl talks to God)
Alf
Baby Bob (makes a comeback with Quiznos)

Ps. i love my sweet 16, you just have to laugh at the parents, they are so easily manipulated plus I love when they talk about what they spent on the party, like MTV isn't chipping in.

registerthis
05-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, Helltown. Robert Blake as a priest, if I remember. The awfulness of that concept is indescribable.

What about that show about the blind detective? Seems less then plausible. It could only be stupider if they gave him a gun.
"Blind Justice." It looked stupid from the first time I saw a promo for it, me and my GF just laughed...

I'm glad someone else remembers Helltown, I was thinking I was the only one. Who on Earth thought Robert Blake would make a good priest??

LincolnparkRed
05-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I forgot Ferris Bueller the TV show

Danny Serafini
05-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Did it ever get any lower than The Littlest Groom?

SunDeck
05-13-2005, 04:43 PM
"Blind Justice." It looked stupid from the first time I saw a promo for it, me and my GF just laughed...

I'm glad someone else remembers Helltown, I was thinking I was the only one. Who on Earth thought Robert Blake would make a good priest??
Or a husband...

registerthis
05-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Or a husband...
Touche'.

registerthis
05-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Did it ever get any lower than The Littlest Groom?
I had put that show completely out of my mind, though now after considering it that might very well be the worst show ever.

And obviously it's got some stiff competition.

savafan
05-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I had put that show completely out of my mind, though now after considering it that might very well be the worst show ever.

And obviously it's got some stiff competition.

Well, if we're talking about reality shows, what about "Who's Your Daddy"? The one were the girl was trying to figure out who her birthdad was from a series of men.

Also, I can't believe myself or anyone else here forgot, "His father is the district attorney!"

Yachtzee
05-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Has anyone seen a show affectionately known as "Springer"?

If Jerry Springer ever hooks up with Fox to do a reality show, I think the world just might end as we know it right there.

KronoRed
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Star Trek Voyager (Gilligan's Island in space)
Star Trek Enterprise (Horrible idea)
Reality Tv (it's all fake..accept it ;) )
The countless Law and Order and CSI spinoffs..GIVE IT A REST :explode:

westofyou
05-13-2005, 07:00 PM
The Brady Family Variety Hour/ with a fake Jane.

Now that's entertainment, actors playing charactors who have their own show... very Gary Shadling, without the talent.

zombie-a-go-go
05-16-2005, 01:58 PM
4) Max Headrome (He was a Coke commercial for crying out loud)

Max Headroom was a low-budget UK sci-fi film way before it was a "Coke commercial."

registerthis
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
The countless Law and Order and CSI spinoffs..GIVE IT A REST :explode:
Hmmm, must disagree with you on the "Law and order" spin-offs. It's one of the most well-written shows on TV, all of the spinoffs I have seen are quality. Of course, not having Sam Waterston knocks all of the spin-offs down a couple of levels, but they remain head and shoulders above most of the competition in the quality index.

Blimpie
05-16-2005, 02:20 PM
How about "The Hogan Family?"

After Valerie Harper mis-read the tea leaves in her contract negotiations, the network simply killed her in a car wreck. Voila, the putrid show "Valerie" becomes the unwatchable "Hogan Family."

Falls City Beer
05-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Herman's Head

Could have been a cool concept if the lead character had been played by Don Knotts or Harvey Corman.

KronoRed
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
How about "The Hogan Family?"

After Valerie Harper mis-read the tea leaves in her contract negotiations, the network simply killed her in a car wreck. Voila, the putrid show "Valerie" becomes the unwatchable "Hogan Family."

I kinda liked that show ;)