PDA

View Full Version : Young HS Players to watch.

LoganBuck
05-23-2005, 11:04 PM
My father in law attended a recent high school game and sat next to a college scout. He was an area scout for a scouting service. He was watching Kevin Mann from Jackson Center, which is a small division IV school in Shelby county. After a stellar Sophomore year last year, he followed it up with a great Junior year. He has led to Jackson Center to their second consecutive District championship. Last year he threw a no hitter striking out 14 in the District championship, this year he is pitching with some back spasms and was less effective. He pitches again on Friday against New Bremen, in the Regional semi. He is a 6-1 lefty, with a fastball that sits around 87 mph. This years stats 10-1 0.86 ERA 126K 73IP 14R 9ER 44BB. Recently named Greater Miami Valley Player of the Year.

Another is Devon Torrence, he is a sophomore two way star he has led Canton South into the regional in baseball. He hit around .550 for the season, with 11 home runs and a slugging % over 1.000. An awesome base stealer and great center fielder. Apparently a standout wide reciever and running back as well. Apparently the Yankees have been in contact with him already.

Dom Heffner
05-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Let's just hope the Reds get a shot at them after they graduate college.

High school pitchers rarely pan out, but college ones often do.

MasonBuzz3
05-23-2005, 11:20 PM
i have seen devon torrence play, the kid has a super quick swing from both sides of the plate and is one of the faster runners i have seen in the area around here. he is going to be a special player if he decides to go the baseball route

LoganBuck
04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Quick Kevin Mann update: record: 2-1 IP:17 ERA: 0.86 Strikeouts: 47 Walks:5 Hits:8 including at least one bunt single that broke up a no hitter.:thumbdown

I hope that some team out there is giving Kevin a look, 47 strikeouts in 17 innings is absurd. He struck out 4 in the first inning of his last start. The catcher had a passed ball on a hard curve.

Cedric
04-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Devo is gonna go pro most likely. The Yankees and the Cardinals are scouting him big time. He's an awesome kid and one of the best athletes I've ever known. He's an awesome football player also.

He wants to play for the Buckeyes bad but he's gonna get big pro bucks. Can't pass that up.

He's a junior by the way.