PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Guerrero

Red Leader
05-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Vlad was set to have his MRI today. It was reported that he had his arm taken out of a sling yesterday and that he would be back after his 15 days were up, but they were going to go ahead and do the MRI today anyway.

Has anyone (especially those on the West Coast) heard any results from the MRI today?

Any feedback appreciated for those of us who are lucky enough to have Vlad on our teams this year.

medford
05-24-2005, 03:32 PM
And to think, I traded Manny & Beckett for Vlad & Radke. Just my luck, hopefully he can come back completely healthy, but I tend to think this will linger all year long.

Red Leader
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
And to think, I traded Manny & Beckett for Vlad & Radke. Just my luck, hopefully he can come back completely healthy, but I tend to think this will linger all year long.

I don't think it will linger. He had a similar injury when he played for the Expos. He missed 4 games and wasn't put on the DL. The week he came back he hit like 3 HR and drove in 9 with a +.300 BA. He continued to put up very solid numbers the rest of that year.

medford
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I hope so, because this is looking like justified Karma for my fantasy team after trading Kearns and some middling pitcher for Piazza and a front line pitcher (I forget who)when he was leading the league in homers 3 years back. I felt a little bad when Kearns promptly got sat upon by Ray King about a week later. Of course winning that league erased some of my bad feelings.

Red Leader
05-25-2005, 10:45 AM
For those interested, the MRI revealed that Vladimir had a partially dislocated shoulder and that there was no damage to the rotator cuff or any tendons that require surgery. He will resume baseball activities in 4-5 days and should be able to come off the DL when he is eligible, June 5. They are saying that if he still has "tightness" in the shoulder on June 5th, the most it should take is another week for him to fully recover. So worse case scenario, Vlad returns to everyone's fantasy lineups by June 12 at 100%.

kheidg-
05-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I have Vlad as well and not a bit worried. Somehow I just picked up Shannon Stewart off waivers. Vlad will be back when his DL stint is over.

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Reports are that Vladimir Guerrero will be activated in time to open tomorrow's series @NYM in RF. Just giving all Vlad owners a heads up.

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 09:40 AM
The report:

L.A. Times:

Provided he has no setbacks before arriving at Shea Stadium, Vladimir Guerrero will likely be activated from the disabled list and in the starting lineup Friday night when the Angels begin a three-game series against the Mets.
Guerrero, who suffered a partial separation of his left shoulder May 20, took early batting practice Wednesday and "killed the ball," according to manager Mike Scioscia.

"His swing was great, his bat speed was great," Scioscia said. "He took an aggressive BP, he's doing everything in the outfield and he looks good. His running, his legs feel very, very good. Everything points to him being very close."

Guerrero has been itching to get back into the lineup, but the Angels' medical staff has been cautious.

"He was bugging us last week, saying he had to start swinging if he's going to come off (when he was eligible June 5)," Scioscia said. "We told him he needed another week."

In Guerrero's absence, the Angels have gone 10-8.