PDA

View Full Version : What is Dunn's contract situation? Should the Reds trade him?

kyred14
05-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I just heard gammons mentioning that the reds might be shopping adam dunn (of course i like many take his word with a grain of salt) I also know that if dunn is traded, the entire fan base, including myself, would blow a gasket.

however, it got me to wondering about is his contract situation. is he arbitration eligible after this year, or can he walk. Thanks.

IslandRed
05-25-2005, 10:56 PM
He's arbitration-eligible. He can't go free agent until after 2007. The problem is that he'll command free-agent type money in arbitration.

Joseph
05-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Gammons made mention of the number 20 million in arbitration.

This payroll can't handle that right now.

KronoRed
05-25-2005, 11:34 PM
It won't be 20, but if he does this season what he did last it'll be near 10 :help:

schroomytunes
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
it depends on his RBI total, at his current rate we may be able to sign him for @ 9million, but I dont think it reaches 10.

Fullboat
05-25-2005, 11:42 PM
it depends on his RBI total, at his current rate we may be able to sign him for @ 9million, but I dont think it reaches 10.

I think its time for Dunn to bat leadoff. :D

TeamBoone
05-25-2005, 11:51 PM
He makes $4 mill this year, right? And I think he made something like $950 last year.

NJReds
05-26-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm more concerned with Dunn's snide comments of late...from Graves, to his chairs, to playing 1B yesterday. It seems like he wants out of here...

Redsland
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure if it's after year 4 or year 5 that you're able to compare yourself to everyone in baseball for arb purposes (rather than just your age/experience peers).

If it's year 4, then he could be looking at $12 million after this season, give or take.

smith288
05-26-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm more concerned with Dunn's snide comments of late...from Graves, to his chairs, to playing 1B yesterday. It seems like he wants out of here... Dunn was a 1st basement all the way up until the pro's. He can handle first. He may say he doesnt like playing the position, he is entirely capable of it and should accept the role.

TeamBoone
05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm more concerned with Dunn's snide comments of late...from Graves, to his chairs, to playing 1B yesterday. It seems like he wants out of here...

Snide?

BTW, how do reporters get this kind of information. The quoted comments about the chair were extensive.... was the guy in the room for the whole thing? Did he have a tape recorder going in order to get it all?

And the comments between Adam and Jacob sounded like clubhouse banter to me... nothing snide. Again, was the reporter in there at the time?

Are they allowed free access at any time?

CTA513
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Dunns salary over the past few years.

2005 $ 4,600,000
2004 $ 445,000
2003 $ 400,000
2002 $ 250,000

savafan
05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
$20 million for a guy who can't hit a sac fly? I don't think so. :p:

Red Leader
05-26-2005, 01:29 PM
He's definately looking at between $8-9M for next year.

I'd offer him a 3 yr $27M (sound familar) contract Day 1 of the offseason, well, I'd do it sooner, but the Reds don't offer contracts in-season :rolleyes:

NJReds
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
I was a sports reporter for a short time. Usually (and this was for the Mets and Yankees, each team has it's own rules), there is a designated time before a game when the clubhouse is open to the media. Then it's closed, and reopened to the media after the game.

Unless the reporter made the whole thing up, this was witnessed first hand.

Redsland
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
BTW, how do reporters get this kind of information. The quoted comments about the chair were extensive.... was the guy in the room for the whole thing? Did he have a tape recorder going in order to get it all?…Are they allowed free access at any time?
The clubhouse door opens 10 minutes after the end of each game (barring an unusual delay). The reporters are welcome in there any time after that for as long as they like.

Prior to the game, clubhouses are open to the press three and a half hours before gametime, and stay open until 45 minutes before gametime.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 10:36 AM
As much as I love Dunn, you have to be a realist. the Reds probably wont be able to resign Dunn when his contract is up in a couple of years. Plus he is arbitration eligible EVERY year untill then, so his price will keep going up. If I had the power, I would have to look at trading Dunn.

If you could get the right deal for Dunn, I would pull it. But what would be the right package. Here is my thought

Dunn to TB for Carl Crawford, Danis Baez, and Dawon Brazelton.

Im not sure if TB would do it, probably not, but I would try it. Crawford is young, FAST, and I believe he is signed for a few years. Baez is good in the pen, and may be able to close for us, and though Brazelton is/was MIA in Durham, I think he has a good future.

All this being said, i dont think they will trade Dunn this year. Maybe in the offseason or next year. I think Lindner and co. are trying to decide wether or not to spend 10 mil a year on Dunn, but I think they will eventually say no.

Thoughts?? other trade Ideas for Dunn??

Gainesville Red
05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Man, if Dunn isn't having any fun here, just wait til he gets to play in Tropicana Field. Fun is a curse word there, it feels like your watching a ballgame in a morgue.

markymark69
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I would hold on to him as long as I could. If they trade him it better a home run (pardon the pun).

halcyon
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
If you are working under the assumption that there is no way that this team can retain the services of Adam Dunn...then I guess at some point you have to look to deal him and maximize your return.

But until I know for an absolute certainty that the Reds can't lock Dunner up on a long term basis (for fiscal reasons or otherwise), then I make every possible effort to keep him around. Players like him (mega-talent/magnetic personality) don't come around to your favorite teams very often.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 10:47 AM
If you are working under the assumption that there is no way that this team can retain the services of Adam Dunn...then I guess at some point you have to look to deal him and maximize your return.

But until I know for an absolute certainty that the Reds can't lock Dunner up on a long term basis (for fiscal reasons or otherwise), then I make every possible effort to keep him around. Players like him (mega-talent/magnetic personality) don't come around to your favorite teams very often.

my thoughts exactly. My trade proposal was under the assumption that they thought they couldnt lock him up for fiscal reasons. I still think they can, but who knows with that FO. Heres to Dunn being a Red for another decade+ :beerme:

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Pinella wouldn't want Dunn.

savafan
05-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I think if the Reds had a classy organization, more players would want to stay/come here and we wouldn't be having these conversations every year.

halcyon
05-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Pinella wouldn't want Dunn.

Wanna bet? I'm not necessarily sayin that the DRays would go for the above trade. But I do think he'd probably have a strong interest in Adam Dunn. He's got too much power and on base skills for even the oldest of old schoolers to ignore.

NJReds
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Will they? ... Probably

Should they? ... Only for the right deal (eg: not prospects), but I have no faith in DOB to make the right move.

SteelSD
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
As much as I love Dunn, you have to be a realist. the Reds probably wont be able to resign Dunn when his contract is up in a couple of years. Plus he is arbitration eligible EVERY year untill then, so his price will keep going up. If I had the power, I would have to look at trading Dunn.

If you could get the right deal for Dunn, I would pull it. But what would be the right package. Here is my thought

Dunn to TB for Carl Crawford, Danis Baez, and Dawon Brazelton.

Im not sure if TB would do it, probably not, but I would try it. Crawford is young, FAST, and I believe he is signed for a few years. Baez is good in the pen, and may be able to close for us, and though Brazelton is/was MIA in Durham, I think he has a good future.

All this being said, i dont think they will trade Dunn this year. Maybe in the offseason or next year. I think Lindner and co. are trying to decide wether or not to spend 10 mil a year on Dunn, but I think they will eventually say no.

Thoughts?? other trade Ideas for Dunn??

Doesn't work for the Reds.

Crawford, for all his speed, will never be able to steal first base. Without an acceptable BB rate, the guy's offensive game plays like a very low OBP doubles hitter. Brazelton was a middling prospect and will be a middling MLB pitcher. Baez is a good reliever, but those can be had without dumping your best player.

If you trade a monster like Adam Dunn, you need an Oliver Perez/Jason Bay++ type of deal coming back. I don't trust this Front Office to be able to find it.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Wanna bet? I'm not necessarily sayin that the DRays would go for the above trade. But I do think he'd probably have a strong interest in Adam Dunn. He's got too much power and on base skills for even the oldest of old schoolers to ignore.
Pinella would have no interest in that many strikeouts and RISP struggles like that. Pinella was a Charlie Lau guy - all about the science of hitting etc. etc........he wouldn't want that kind of one dimensionality.

savafan
05-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Pinella would have no interest in that many strikeouts and RISP struggles like that. Pinella was a Charlie Lau guy - all about the science of hitting etc. etc........he wouldn't want that kind of one dimensionality.

Okay, I get it, Adam Dunn did something mean to you when you were children. It's time to move on big guy.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
I hear Pinella first hand every week. He would like a power bat right now, yes....but he also loves the scrappiness/speed/versatility of his players. He loves Crawford too by the way.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Okay, I get it, Adam Dunn did something mean to you when you were children. It's time to move on big guy.
this must be your big day huh? finally get to take a pot shot at me....enjoying it? :beerme: congratulations

guttle11
05-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Doesn't work for the Reds.

Crawford, for all his speed, will never be able to steal first base. Without an acceptable BB rate, the guy's offensive game plays like a very low OBP doubles hitter. Brazelton was a middling prospect and will be a middling MLB pitcher. Baez is a good reliever, but those can be had without dumping your best player.

If you trade a monster like Adam Dunn, you need an Oliver Perez/Jason Bay++ type of deal coming back. I don't trust this Front Office to be able to find it.

Good point, I like the Perez-Bay idea. but the Pirates might be the one team that is cheaper than the Reds.
I have another one, Dunn to the La dodgers of LA for Brazelbon(spelling),Edwin Jackson, and Jason Werth.

halcyon
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
It seems that we've had this discussion before. Since you continue to claim that Dunn struggles with RISP, are you of the opinion that BA w/ RISP is a more important stat than OPS w/ RISP?

OldXOhio
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Gammons has said that there's interest around the league in "the well respected" Sean Casey. I think you'll see the mayor go long before Dunn. What the BBTN guys fail to recognize is that getting rid of SC would work the same as getting rid of one of either Kearns/Dunn/Pena which they seem hell bent on insisting that Cincy must do?

smith288
05-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I hear Pinella first hand every week. He would like a power bat right now, yes....but he also loves the scrappiness/speed/versatility of his players. He loves Crawford too by the way. Plus Dunn kills puppies and eats babies.

Red Leader
05-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Good point, I like the Perez-Bay idea. but the Pirates might be the one team that is cheaper than the Reds.
I have another one, Dunn to the La dodgers of LA for Brazelbon(spelling),Edwin Jackson, and Jason Werth.

If Dunn is involved in the trade, I'd want a SP prospect better than Jackson...I'd want Billingsley, Brazebon, and Navarro.

Red Leader
05-27-2005, 11:14 AM
It seems that we've had this discussion before. Since you continue to claim that Dunn struggles with RISP, are you of the opinion that BA w/ RISP is a more important stat than OPS w/ RISP?

We've all had this discussion with Bad Fundamentals, ad nauseum, yet he continues on...and on....and on.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 11:20 AM
If Dunn is involved in the trade, I'd want a SP prospect better than Jackson...I'd want Billingsley, Brazebon, and Navarro.

I didnt even think about Billingsly, scratch Jackson for him. But Im not sure if LA would give up Navarro, they seem to have catcher issues like the Reds. Thats why I left him out, I would take Werth.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 11:21 AM
oh i'm of the opinion alright but as snoop noted a search of previous threads would likely bring up a wealth of data on the topic.

I'll give you the condensed:
When you're batting 5th in a lineup which features 7, 8, 9 hitters who collectively hit like most team's 9 hitter there isn't much value in a 5th hole BB to a guy who doesn't steal bases. You pretty much just add to LOB totals for the game.

OBP and OPS fine for looking at 1, 2, 3 hitters, but yes give me BATTING AVG with RISP for 4, 5, 6 hitters thank you (when looking at RISP situation).

SteelSD
05-27-2005, 11:23 AM

I'd have to pass on that one as well.

Personally, I'd target the Angels right now if I had any interest at all in moving Dunn. Ervin Santana, Dallas McPherson, and Jeff Mathis would have to all be included in that package for me to bite.

But first i'd pimp Kearns or Pena to the Braves (targetting Kyle Davies as the primary in a deal) or Angels (wanting Santana and Mathis in return).

It think we can get what we need without moving Dunn. And if you do move a monster like Dunn, you can't just get "well" from the deal. You have to get strong.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I'd have to pass on that one as well.

Personally, I'd target the Angels right now if I had any interest at all in moving Dunn. Ervin Santana, Dallas McPherson, and Jeff Mathis would have to all be included in that package for me to bite.

But first i'd pimp Kearns or Pena to the Braves (targetting Kyle Davies as the primary in a deal) or Angels (wanting Santana and Mathis in return).

It think we can get what we need without moving Dunn. And if you do move a monster like Dunn, you can't just get "well" from the deal. You have to get strong.

Obviuosly you know more about the prospects than me, so I wont embarrass myself. I would love the Angels trade, but I cant see us getting all three, maybe 2, but not all three. I would take McPherson and Santana, or Santana and Mathis. Johan/Ervin Santana is the "must-have"

halcyon
05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I won't rehash the argument then. Suffice it to say we'll have to disagree on which metrics we use to measure value with RISP.

Although I will ask this: If you think Dunn's numbers w/ RISP are "fine" for a 1, 2, or 3 hitter then shouldn't the onus really be on Miley for not placing him in the proper lineup spot? Its not Dunn's fault that he hits in the five hole. Would you be saying that he's a fine or good hitter with RISP if he were hitting earlier in the lineup?

Red Leader
05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
If we could only get two of those players from LAA, I'd prefer the catcher and the SP, Ervin and Mathis, and let them keep McPherson. I might be reaching, but I think EE will be better than McPherson in time, anyway.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 11:43 AM
I won't rehash the argument then. Suffice it to say we'll have to disagree on which metrics we use to measure value with RISP.

Although I will ask this: If you think Dunn's numbers w/ RISP are "fine" for a 1, 2, or 3 hitter then shouldn't the onus really be on Miley for not placing him in the proper lineup spot? Its not Dunn's fault that he hits in the five hole. Would you be saying that he's a fine or good hitter with RISP if he were hitting earlier in the lineup?
agree 100% halycon. I'm not heavy pro or con regarding Miley. I like him and wish he had more to work with but not a huge fan. And on this issue I think he is screwing up royally.

Like Dunn's game or dislike it, Dunn has been fairly consistent for 5 years. I would like to see him get an extended chance in 2 hole (or if arm twisted and pencils held to my eyes) in 3 hole.

The best chance for maximizing Dunn's contribution to TEAM is in a run scoring role - NOT in a role to drive runs in. Let his homeruns be a bonus. Use those BBs and OBP in 2 hole. If his OBP were to drastically fall in 2 hole then you re-evaluate at that point.

SteelSD
05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Obviuosly you know more about the prospects than me, so I wont embarrass myself. I would love the Angels trade, but I cant see us getting all three, maybe 2, but not all three. I would take McPherson and Santana, or Santana and Mathis. Johan/Ervin Santana is the "must-have"

If the Angels move off, in any way, the inclusion of all three players, then the name "Dunn" morphs into "Kearns" or "Pena".

And here's a great site to look up those prospects:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/ (http://)

And as Red Leader mentioned, if I was dealing either Kearns or Pena in that swap, focusing on Mathis and dropping McPherson out would be the best plan based on current need. I would, however, then ask that a low-level arm replace McPherson's name on the list. Not a deal-breaker though.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 11:52 AM
If we could only get two of those players from LAA, I'd prefer the catcher and the SP, Ervin and Mathis, and let them keep McPherson. I might be reaching, but I think EE will be better than McPherson in time, anyway.

If EE can cut down those errors, 13 already, he should be here in Sept, then start next year.

Danny Serafini
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Can anyone give me a good rundown on Santana? I'd never heard of him until last week when I went to the Indians/Angels game and he was pitching. He was absolutely horrible, served up batting practice to a team with 3 sub-.200 batters in the lineup. There must obviously be something more to him if his name is being thrown around in a Dunn trade idea, what's his story?

guttle11
05-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Santana pitched a complete game Shutout ibelive a few days ago, he looked VERY good.

guttle11
05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
evrin Santana

Year Team Lg Age Org Lvl W L ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
2003 Rancho Cucamonga Calif 20 Ana A 10 2 2.53 20 20 1 0 0 0 124.2 98 44
ER HR BB SO WP BK h9 hr9 w9 k9 whip
35 9 36 130 14 7.07 0.65 2.60 9.39 1.07

Year Team Lg Age Org Lvl W L ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
2003 Arkansas Tex 20 Ana AA 1 1 3.94 6 6 0 0 0 0 29.2 23 15 13 4 12 23 1
ER HR BB SO WP Bk9 h9 hr9 w9 k9 whip
6.98 1.21 3.64 6.98 1.18

2004 Arkansas Tex 21 Ana AA 2 1 3.30 8 8 0 0 0 0 43.2 41 19 16 3 18 48 5 8.45 0.62 3.71 9.89 1.35

a little hard to read, but good numbers nontheless, i did my best to edit it

SteelSD
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Can anyone give me a good rundown on Santana? I'd never heard of him until last week when I went to the Indians/Angels game and he was pitching. He was absolutely horrible, served up batting practice to a team with 3 sub-.200 batters in the lineup. There must obviously be something more to him if his name is being thrown around in a Dunn trade idea, what's his story?

22 Years old.

Minor League stats- Through 2004

7.36 Hits per 9IP
3.00 BB per 9 IP
9.89 K per 9 IP
0.73 HR per 9 IP

That's a complete package and those numbers were put up while primarily pitching against older competition at each level (he was rushed to AA at age 20).

klw
05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
The mention of Bay and Perez (I believe this was what Pittsburgh got for Giles) made me wonder what comparable trades have been made in recent years. Brian Giles may be comparable in skill but their was a contract in place already. What would be the most similar situation- high level position player, arbitration eligible for time to come, no free agency in next year. Soriano comes to mind but that and most things Yankee are not easy comparisons. Sexton from Milwaukee to Arizona? Beltran to Houston was a rental trade. This would be a possible indicator of the market. Any ideas?

TeamBoone
05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Like Dunn's game or dislike it, Dunn has been fairly consistent for 5 years.

Adam came up to the big leagues in August of 2001... or are you including his performance in the minors?

CTA513
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
If the Reds trade him, I sure hope they atleast get a good #1 starter for him.

SteelSD
05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
The mention of Bay and Perez (I believe this was what Pittsburgh got for Giles) made me wonder what comparable trades have been made in recent years. Brian Giles may be comparable in skill but their was a contract in place already. What would be the most similar situation- high level position player, arbitration eligible for time to come, no free agency in next year. Soriano comes to mind but that and most things Yankee are not easy comparisons. Sexton from Milwaukee to Arizona? Beltran to Houston was a rental trade. This would be a possible indicator of the market. Any ideas?

Giles, at nearly 9M bucks per season is a pretty good comp of a guy you should get less for than Dunn considering age and contract. And the 29-year old Sexson, although not being talent-equitable to Dunn and with only one season left on his contract at 8.6M, brought back this:

Lyle Overbay
Junior Spivey
Craig Capuano
Jorge De La Rosa
Craig Counsell
Chad Moeller

J.D. Drew, with only one season left on his deal, netted the Cardinals Adam Wainwright and Jason Marquis.

I want more than any team received in any of those deals if the guy I'm trading is Adam Dunn- particularly when any team dealing for Dunn right now is going to be able to exercise control over him for more than a single season.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Adam came up to the big leagues in August of 2001... or are you including his performance in the minors?
I'm including 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 20005

just let me know if you need further clarification

Reds4Life
05-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Do I need to remind some folks about rule 5?

5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please

NJReds
05-27-2005, 01:42 PM
In this case, the title of the thread asks whether or not the Reds should trade Dunn. I don't think Rule 5 should apply -- unless praise of Dunn is all that is acceptible. Yes, most of this stuff has been debated (and debated and debated) before, but in this case it's pertinent to the question asked by the person who started the thread.

Reds4Life
05-27-2005, 01:45 PM
In this case, the title of the thread asks whether or not the Reds should trade Dunn. I don't think Rule 5 should apply -- unless praise of Dunn is all that is acceptible. Yes, most of this stuff has been debated (and debated and debated) before, but in this case it's pertinent to the question asked by the person who started the thread.

The rules apply everywhere, not just selective threads. Some folks in this thread have been warned in the past because of this same activity.

smith288
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
The rules apply everywhere, not just selective threads. Some folks in this thread have been warned in the past because of this same activity. Who do you think you are? A mod or something?

oh....

nevermind. :D

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 02:51 PM
So new information, new events, new posters, new interpretations Reds4Life but because YOU have read particular "folks" opinions on a topic (the thread topic) at some point in the PAST you would prohibit those "folks" from taking part in a discussion? That's pretty silly.

Reds4Life
05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
So new information, new events, new posters, new interpretations Reds4Life but because YOU have read particular "folks" opinions on a topic (the thread topic) at some point in the PAST you would prohibit those "folks" from taking part in a discussion? That's pretty silly.

I'm not prohibiting them from discussing anything, just you from getting on your Adam Dunn soapbox yet again. We know your thoughts and position on Mr. Dunn, and have heard them repeatedly; we don’t need to hear it again.

Boss-Hog
05-27-2005, 03:09 PM
So new information, new events, new posters, new interpretations Reds4Life but because YOU have read particular "folks" opinions on a topic (the thread topic) at some point in the PAST you would prohibit those "folks" from taking part in a discussion? That's pretty silly. The problem is that you continue to beat into the ground the same arguments about the same player in nearly every thread you post in. That is the very definition of beating a subject to death, in my book.

Reds Nd2
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm including 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 20005

just let me know if you need further clarification

I do need further clarification. Are you using his minor league stats from 2001 or not? If your using only the 244 AB's he had with the Reds in '01 and combine that with his 152 AB's this season, your talking about three and half seasons of performance. That makes your assumption based on five seasons look suspicious, at best.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm posting ON TOPIC about a subject I care most about. (and it's not just a "player" it is a part of a much bigger issue on this team) And posting factually. I don't have interest/time to post on every thread (at least a few people are probably glad of that).

your board if you want to prohibit me from posting so be it..........I think it's silly though.

Boss-Hog
05-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm posting ON TOPIC about a subject I care most about. (and it's not just a "player" it is a part of a much bigger issue on this team) And posting factually. I don't have interest/time to post on every thread (at least a few people are probably glad of that).

your board if you want to prohibit me from posting so be it..........I think it's silly though. We have rules here that I think are pretty simple to follow. One of those is:

It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

If you don't think you can abide by that, send me a PM and let me know. I appreciate the diversity you've brought to the board, but we're not going to keep warning you for a rule you're clearly violating.

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm not talking to myself in these threads boss. CONSISTENTLY the folks on the other side of these discussions are the same as well but they are not being prohibited/warned against participating or making their SAME arguments. Guys like:
cedric
raisor
nd2
redleader
and plenty of others

"Rule 5" is selectively being enforced against ME and my side of argument.

Marc D
05-27-2005, 06:41 PM
To get back to the original posters question I say, sadly, yes. The time to lock him up for a LTC discount has more than likely passed, from here on out it's like we got him as a FA. However, if I were going to trade Dunn someone's taking JR and his contract with him. It's probably the only opportunity we will ever see to be rid of Griffey again before he retires.

Hopefully the FO learns from this and doesn't miss out on doing it right with Pena. He, FeLo, EE and maybe Wagner are the type of young, cheap talent they need to rebuild around. AK is still cheap because his performance won't drive his arb numbers up at all so if you get a good offer jump on it, if not use him through 2007 and hopefully he turns it around.

The scary thought for me however is the people in charge of yet another potential rebuilding project are the same ones who thought Milton and Wilson were worth a lot of $$. :help:

Reds Nd2
05-27-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm not talking to myself in these threads boss. CONSISTENTLY the folks on the other side of these discussions are the same as well but they are not being prohibited/warned against participating or making their SAME arguments. Guys like:
cedric
raisor
nd2
redleader
and plenty of others

"Rule 5" is selectively being enforced against ME and my side of argument.

Because we aren't the ones constantly beating Dunn in the ground for starters. I also suggest if you have a problem with me, handle it with a P.M.

Boss-Hog
05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
cedric
raisor
nd2
redleader
and plenty of others

"Rule 5" is selectively being enforced against ME and my side of argument. Every single one of those posters was around before you were and none of them had a problem with that rule (nor do they now) before you and your agenda ("DunnHater") came aboard.

If you want to discuss Reds baseball, you've found the perfect place for it. If you only want to post here to further your hatred for Adam Dunn (in the vast majority of your posts), I'd strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

Raisor
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm upset that I'm only second on the list.

KronoRed
05-27-2005, 07:30 PM
2nd is the place to put scrappyness :D

BadFundamentals
05-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm upset that I'm only second on the list.
2 hole is where unnatural preoccupation with Runs Created stat guys belong :thumbup: :devil:

TeamBoone
05-28-2005, 12:43 PM
The clubhouse door opens 10 minutes after the end of each game (barring an unusual delay). The reporters are welcome in there any time after that for as long as they like.

Prior to the game, clubhouses are open to the press three and a half hours before gametime, and stay open until 45 minutes before gametime.

Wow! IMHO, that's an excessive amount of time for media access.

I always thought the clubhouse was the players' domain; apparently not and I think it's a shame. I guess it's safe to say that if a player isn't being directly interviewed, the lurking media has free reign to print ANYTHING that goes on or is said there.

No wonder so much clubhouse "banter" shows up in media reports.