PDA

View Full Version : Dunn going to be traded?

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Hello all, I have been in new jersey for about the last week, I talked to a friend here in ohio over the weekend and he mentioned that he and his father were listening to 700 WLW after a reds game, and that the subject of Adam Dunn being traded came up quite a bit. Can anyone that was listening or that has heard anything on the subject please update me??? Thank you very much....

I sure hope not. :thumbdown

ws1990reds
05-31-2005, 08:28 PM
He is the most likely of the outfielders to be traded by the Reds, because of his pending salary, their need for starting pitching and a true leadoff guy.

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Man I hope we keep him for the long haul.....we really need to build around someone!

Oxilon
05-31-2005, 08:30 PM
It's all just Cincinnati based speculation at this point, but it does make sense.

He's going to cost around $10MM with arbitration, and the Reds don't have that much money. And with options like Kearns, Griffey, and Pena, that makes Dunn available. Not to mention he holds the most value out of any of the outfielders, so they could catch a real nice return.

But when it's all said and done, I think trading him will go up their with trading Frank Robinson. Just my opinion ofcourse.

KronoRed
05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
He is the most likely of the outfielders to be traded by the Reds, because of his pending salary, their need for starting pitching and a true leadoff guy.

How is Freel not a true leadoff guy? :confused:

Raisor
05-31-2005, 08:34 PM

He's not scrappy enough.

Oxilon
05-31-2005, 08:35 PM

Freel is the wandering nomad of our lineup. ;)

He doesn't play everyday, thanks now to Michaelangelo's David patroling the MIF again.

OnBaseMachine
05-31-2005, 08:35 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Is he not scrappy enough?

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 08:37 PM
But when it's all said and done, I think trading him will go up their with trading Frank Robinson. Just my opinion ofcourse.

I agree....I really think dunn is gonna hit 600+ HR, and for those of you that say that homeruns aren't everything, I pay $$$ to go to the park and watch Dunn play. He will put people in the seats at GABP forever, as long as he is a red. Make him a career long red or at least through his early 30's

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Back to the main point, did anyone hear what was speculated on 700 WLW about Dunn?

Raisor
05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Is he not scrappy enough?

you sir, are moving in on my terrortory. I'm going to have to ask you to back off.

:mooner:

:thumbup:

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
That Dunn trade talk was generated by Alan Cutler on WLW. Cutler said the Reds can't afford to keep Griffey, Casey and Dunn, for the salary he will make, next year. And he said that Dunn doesn't produce enough RBI for what he will make.

But take it with a huge grain of salt. It was conjured up by Cutler, who is quite possibly WORSE than Andy Furman (not easy to do since Furman knows nothing about sports).

OnBaseMachine
05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Am I not scrappy enough for the scrappy club?

http://www.yomomma.com/Writings/cantidoon/scrappy.jpg

Raisor
05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Am I not scrappy enough for the scrappy club?

http://www.hoxie.org/news02/senior02/arhscooby&scrappy.gif

I'm the only one scrappy enough for anything.

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Thank you Reds/Flyers. I thought that the actuality of the discussion were real rumors, not just a talk-show host saying Dunn should be traded. That said, we better lock him up long term.

KronoRed
05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
you sir, are moving in on my terrortory. I'm going to have to ask you to back off.

:mooner:

:thumbup:

Fight! :duel:

REDREAD
05-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Back to the main point, did anyone hear what was speculated on 700 WLW about Dunn?

Don't worry, I listened to the games all weekend. It was just Marty and one of the sportswriter guests saying that if Howsam was GM he wouldn't care that Dunn had a good OBP and SLG, he'd trade Dunn because he didn't have enough RBI... In other words, just Marty nonsense (not even a rumor). There was a whole thread about it.

LexingtonRedsFan
05-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Not just Cutler, but Lance has been railing on trading Dunn also...

KearnsyEars
05-31-2005, 09:57 PM
what exactly has mccalister been saying?

LexingtonRedsFan
05-31-2005, 10:05 PM
what exactly has mccalister been saying?

here is a copy of Lance's website:

Reasons for trading Adam Dunn
For:
He has the most value and will bring the most in return of any Red on the roster.
He will command in the 6.5 to 8 million dollar range next year in arbitration......10 to 11-mill in 2007 and then he's a free agent.
You need to change the make-up of the line-up and rid yourself of some strikeouts
He's on pace to strikeout 178 times
He's a liability in the OF and on the bases
It eliminates the 4 OF dilemma
He's a poor hitter with runners in scoring position

Ahhh, listen to the converts joining the fold: Richard Skinner, Tom Gamble, Alan Cutler. I don't know if that helps my case or hurts it:)
Most that know baseball, know Dunn makes the most sense to deal........because he brings you the most in return. Casey, Kearns and Jr would bring little in return. You've invested too much time/effort in Pena to deal him right now.

Edd Roush
05-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Kearnsy, I was on my way back from my cousin's wedding and since FM radio stations were impossible to listen to, I listened to Cutler's Sportstalk.

Basically his argument was to trade Dunn who in Cutler's opinion will price himself out of Cincinnati (valid point), said that he would rather trade Dunn for a top flight pitching prospect rather than waiting too long and getting virtually nothing.

I found myself actually agreeing with him, because I feel the Reds would fair much better with a Rich Harden or a Kyle Davies without Dunn than with Dunn without a stud pitcher.

I just want to see a rotation that I could trust, and trading Dunn helps us help ourselves.

Unassisted
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't think DanO is in a hurry to do any deal for any player on the roster. He'll listen to all offers and...

He's currently evaluating all options.®

LexingtonRedsFan
05-31-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't think DanO is in a hurry to do any deal for any player on the roster. He'll listen to all offers and...

Yeah, and my grandma is slow also... :bang:

SplitFinger
05-31-2005, 11:36 PM
trading dunn upside- kearns and pena have ideal playing style which includes better contact

BUT....

trading dunn downside- dunn is consistently on the field

Redsland
05-31-2005, 11:37 PM
...both internal and external.

:beerme:

westofyou
05-31-2005, 11:38 PM
kearns and pena have ideal playing style which includes better contact

You mean WMP who has never hit above .270 at any level and K's every 3 ab's can claim to have a better chance at hitting the ball than Dunn?

SplitFinger
05-31-2005, 11:45 PM
You mean WMP who has never hit above .270 at any level and K's every 3 ab's can claim to have a better chance at hitting the ball than Dunn?
better contact as in compared to dunn not as in to the average MLB everyday player

you cant say that WMP would not be an improvement on contact alone than dunn especially with the way he was playing right before he got injured.

kearns might have a lower BA right now but he has better contact ABILITY than dunn (pena too) b/c we all know kearns CAN hit .300 unlike dunn

westofyou
05-31-2005, 11:47 PM
you cant say that WMP would not be an improvement on contact alone than dunn especially with the way he was playing right before he got injured.

Sure I can, he K's at the same rate as Dunn. How does that increase contact?

BuckeyeRedleg
05-31-2005, 11:51 PM
trading dunn upside- kearns and pena have ideal playing style which includes better contact

BUT....

trading dunn downside- dunn is consistently on the field

I'm not sure I understand. Can you expand on this?

SplitFinger
06-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Sure I can, he K's at the same rate as Dunn. How does that increase contact?

walks dont count as contact. dunn has only had 19 HITS all of may which was 95 AB

OnBaseMachine
06-01-2005, 12:08 AM
walks dont count as contact. dunn has only had 19 HITS all of may which was 95 AB

So...you would rather see someone make contact(an out most of time) instead of taking a walk?

TeamBoone
06-01-2005, 12:12 AM

Maybe so, but did you hear anything about him being traded?

I will be devastated if/when that day comes.

Shaggy Sanchez
06-01-2005, 12:15 AM

So then you are saying that Casey grounding into DPs are good because he made contact....I like Pena a lot but I will take Dunn and his BB rate with 19 hits over a guy that doesn't walk but makes contact all day.

TeamBoone
06-01-2005, 12:16 AM
That Dunn trade talk was generated by Alan Cutler on WLW. Cutler said the Reds can't afford to keep Griffey, Casey and Dunn, for the salary he will make, next year. And he said that Dunn doesn't produce enough RBI for what he will make.

What is wrong with these people with the RBI thing? First it was sac flies and now it's RBI. And they're really hard to get when he leads off the inning about 25% of the time! He led off three times last night and two times tonight.

Sometimes it just makes one wonder just how much these guys know about the game of baseball.

Hey WLW!!!! There has to be runner on base to get RBIs... do ya hear me screaming?????? :bang:

WVPacman
06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
All we've heard for the past 6 years from the Reds FO is that we will contend and keep our best players.We've been lied to from them so much that I would'nt put it past them to trade Dunn were they are so dumb.What kind of statment would that be giving us reds fans if they would trade Dunn?? I'll tell you what I would say and think if this would happen.They don't want to win and don't care about the city of Cincinnati and the reds fans.

They should be trying their hardest to build around the likes of Dunn,Kearns,Pena,Casey,and Wagner.IMO these our the main players that wee need to keep and try and build a team that can contend with the better teams in the NL.

Shaggy Sanchez
06-01-2005, 12:31 AM
WVPac-I would like to see them keep Dunn but I also know that he has the most trade value of anyone on our team. If Dan O. could trade Dunn and bring back a solid return that would imporve this team (solid pitching) it wouldn't bother me, the problem is I don't know if the Reds FO has the ability to evaluate talent well enough to get a good return.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, Casey should be moved the first chance we get, building around Dunn, Kearns, Pena, and Wagner is fine but Casey is not the guy I want this team built around.

WVPacman
06-01-2005, 12:40 AM
WVPac-I would like to see them keep Dunn but I also know that he has the most trade value of anyone on our team. If Dan O. could trade Dunn and bring back a solid return that would imporve this team (solid pitching) it wouldn't bother me, the problem is I don't know if the Reds FO has the ability to evaluate talent well enough to get a good return.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, Casey should be moved the first chance we get, building around Dunn, Kearns, Pena, and Wagner is fine but Casey is not the guy I want this team built around.

Yes he does have the best trade value of them all and to get a solid starting pitcher we have to give up one of the three outfielders or casey.IMO I would'nt trade Dunn,the guy will be a great player for years to come.I would like to see Kearns get on fire and and build up his trade Value then make a trade for a pitcher.

As for trading Casey,I just can't see our best hitter for the past few years being traded.That would be another stupid mover IMO!! I would rather see Kearns traded and keep Dunn,Pena,and Casey.Those three players to me have outplayed Kearns in every catagory and to trade any of the three would put this team back another two steps behind the better NL teams.

TeamBoone
06-01-2005, 12:51 AM
And don't forget Harang, Claussen, Freel, and Lopez!

If DOB trades Adam Dunn, he will NEVER get like talent in return... I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't even get major league talent... only prospects, which may or may not turn out to be good. Thus, he'll give up a sure thing in order to get a maybe thing.

Ugly. Very ugly indeed. Keep Adam Dunn!

WVPacman
06-01-2005, 12:59 AM
And don't forget Harang, Claussen, Freel, and Lopez!

If DOB trades Adam Dunn, he will NEVER get like talent in return... I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't even get major league talent... only prospects, which may or may not turn out to be good. Thus, he'll give up a sure thing in order to get a maybe thing.

Ugly. Very ugly indeed. Keep Adam Dunn!

Oh yeah,TB we have to keep Harang,Claussen,Freel and Lopez for sure. :beerme:

Unassisted
06-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Unless it's a blockbuster, I say there's no way a Dunn deal happens before the ASB this year.

Topcat
06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
My feeling is this (sigh) i love Dunn of all the reds players. But i see the day coming when he walks from our beloved reds. If i am the gm i ask for the moon and settle for no less than 3 top prospects and a number 1 pick. The first team that comes to mind for me is the angels. discuss all i would love some feedback.

westofyou
06-01-2005, 01:22 AM

I didn't say anything about walks.

WMP strikes out every 3 ab, Dunn strikes out every 3 ab.

Dunn had 18 hits last May and he survived.

WMP had 18 hits in 80 AB last August and walked 3 times for a .279 OB%.

BTW Dunn this May 21 runs scored, 3rd in the NL, WMP last August 12 runs scored.

So walks must count as something.

Ron Madden
06-01-2005, 05:30 AM
OK, Let's trade Dunn, Casey, Pena and Kearns for pitching prospects.

Now we're the Houston Astos getting shut out at least twice a week. ;)

KearnsyEars
06-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I'll tell you what I would say and think if this would happen.They don't want to win and don't care about the city of Cincinnati and the reds fans.

They should be trying their hardest to build around the likes of Dunn,Kearns,Pena,Casey,and Wagner.IMO these our the main players that wee need to keep and try and build a team that can contend with the better teams in the NL.

My feelings exactly. They trade Dunn and I'm done. I will never buy another ticket to a reds game. I will follow some other team in some other city that keeps it's great players or commodities that come up through the system.

I'll tell you all something, my uncle and I (he's a die-hard Cleveland Indians fan) go round and round about our teams (Indians v. Reds rivalry). His one staple argument that he goes to every time is 'At least we have a plan!' And I have to admit on this one, he is right, and it hurts. The Indians locked up their young talent and commodities (like Dunn is to us). The indians have a history of signing their young players before they get too high priced, this tradition was started by John Hart and was done w/ ALbert Belle, Baerga, Manny Ramirez, Thome, Kenny Lofton, Alomar, and it has carried into the present with guys like Victor Martinez, Travis Hafner, CC Sabathia, and Jake Westbrooke. It upsets me that we wait around to lock up a guy like Dunn to a LTC, a guy that's been an allstar, puts up #'s, PLAYS EVERY DAY, and puts fannies in the seats of GABP. I don't understand what they are waiting on, but if Dunn is traded or not offered at least a decent LTC, and is just allowed to walk, well then I will never be back as a fan, and the Reds will have suffered a great loss, because I am a great fan, a fan that shows up to the ballpark no matter how bad the team is or what attractions are at the ballpark. I am just interested in the product on the field, and I wanna see Dunn there for years to come.

Only fools trade Dunn, and I keep telling myself that. I don't think Dan O' Brien wants to be that guy, because when you trade a guy like Adam Dunn (Ahem.....frank robinson come to older fans' memory?) and you miss on the prospects you get, you not only lose your job, but you are etched forever in the minds of the baseball world as a bust yourself. O' Brien doesn't have the "Sack up" to trade Adam Dunn, a guy who will probably hit 600 Homeruns in his career. Hopefully he has the sense to lock him up to a 6 yr. contract and spend the rest of the extra $$ on pitching. This is the one guy you build an offense around.

smith288
06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I keep asking people who say "Lock Dunn up long term" this question: "What if Dunn doesnt want to sign long term."

Does anyone think about that? If he has made it clear to DanO that he isnt interested in playing for the Reds past his current contract, then isnt it the wisest of ideas to trade him for a top shelf stud pitcher and maybe a 1st round pick???

KearnsyEars
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
I keep asking people who say "Lock Dunn up long term" this question: "What if Dunn doesnt want to sign long term."

Does anyone think about that? If he has made it clear to DanO that he isnt interested in playing for the Reds past his current contract, then isnt it the wisest of ideas to trade him for a top shelf stud pitcher and maybe a 1st round pick???

Dunn already stated publicly that he wanted to be a Red long term. This was in the preseason in an interview that was publicsized on ESPN.com I believe. I will be searching for it and will post the link shortly.

KearnsyEars
06-01-2005, 08:19 AM
WOW LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!!!!

Adam Dunn wants to be an astro, so I will totally contradict myself right here......

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3206271

(Scroll Down)

Dunn an Astros wannabe
Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who went to New Caney High School and has a house on Lake Conroe, admitted Tuesday he'd like to play for the Astros at some point during his career.

"That's something I do think about, growing up as an Astros fan and keeping my home here during the offseason," he said. "It's hard not to think about it. I have no say in that right now, so I just have to go out and do my job."

Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade. Dunn is second in the NL with 14 home runs, but he is frustrated at the Reds' slow start.

"We had such high expectations with this (Reds) team," he said. "We've been taking one step forward and five steps back."

KearnsyEars
06-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Man that just stinks, what AD said. You never heard Albert Pujols say "Sometime I'd like to be a Yankee."

Sickening on Adam's part. A division rival at that.

OldXOhio
06-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Do we really expect DanO to do an about face and become the right minded GM we need? I know I'm not holding out much hope for that to happen. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were to deal both Dunn and Kearns, while keeping around guys like Casey and Randa.

OldXOhio
06-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Man that just stinks, what AD said. You never heard Albert Pujols say "Sometime I'd like to be a Yankee."

Sickening on Adam's part. A division rival at that.

I don't know if Pujols ever said he wanted to be a yankee, but I do remember he showed little or no allegiance to the Cardinals when talk of his extension came around. IIRC, he specifically said he wanted to see what the market would bear. The fact that he got locked up was just another feather in Jocketty's cap.

SplitFinger
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Can you expand on this?
Dunn is a slugger everytime he walks up to the plate its either a walk, homerun, or strike out. I'd like to see more base hits, walks only get you to first base and all the doubles guys hit before him. Pena and Kearns both have a better chance of getting base hit (not a homerun walk or strikeout) than Dunn. Walks are overrated when your Dunn because they dont hit anybody in and thats what we need our 5-hole hitter to do. Not unless the situation is rare is anybody gonna get a game winning walk.

With the Dunn is consistentl on the field i ment he is rarely injured unlike Kearns Griffey and Pena

westofyou
06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Pena and Kearns both have a better chance of getting base hit (not a homerun walk or strikeout) than Dunn.

So the fact that Dunn's hits are of 51% EBH vs Penas 43.66% EBH is bad?

And the extra 6.34% singles somehow negates the extra 10%-12% of times that Dunn doesn't make an out vs Pena

Dunn has hit .300 in the Minors, WMP hasn't and they both K at the same rate.

You're using Pena's April to boost him and Dunn's May to bump him. Both are small sample sizes.

OldXOhio
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Walks are overrated when your Dunn because they dont hit anybody in and thats what we need our 5-hole hitter to do. Not unless the situation is rare is anybody gonna get a game winning walk.

And all this time, I've been thinking getting players on base was a way to score runs???

The ability to draw walks should never be considered "overrated". The fact that it's coming from our 5-hole hitter is more a reflection on the incompetence of one Dave Miley than it is on Adam Dunn. Put AD and his .407 OBP in the 3 hole and leave him there.

TeamBoone
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
WOW LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!!!!

Adam Dunn wants to be an astro, so I will totally contradict myself right here......

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3206271

(Scroll Down)

Dunn an Astros wannabe
Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who went to New Caney High School and has a house on Lake Conroe, admitted Tuesday he'd like to play for the Astros at some point during his career.

"That's something I do think about, growing up as an Astros fan and keeping my home here during the offseason," he said. "It's hard not to think about it. I have no say in that right now, so I just have to go out and do my job."

Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade. Dunn is second in the NL with 14 home runs, but he is frustrated at the Reds' slow start.

"We had such high expectations with this (Reds) team," he said. "We've been taking one step forward and five steps back."

Adam Dunn did NOT say he wants to be an Astro! He's a Houston local; the reporter played on that by asking the question. AD said yeah, I think about doing that someday.

No big deal. All players think about playing for the team they grew up watching... and some even do it, usually late in their careers (read: Griffey, Clemons, Pettitt, and others that I can't think of in this split second).

No way did he say, "Absolutely! Trade me to the Astrols RIGHT NOW!).

BTW.... NY is not Pujols home town so that wasn't a very good comparison.

westofyou
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Last night Ryan Wagner said on the Astros broadcast that both he and Belise were big Astro fans, as are the other guys who grew up in that area and now play for the Reds.

Dunn has had a miserable 100 ab's in his home town, that in itself could make him want to stay away for there.

Not to mention the large amount of jack the Astros already have on the future books.

SplitFinger
06-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Maybe we can actually get someone good if we trade Dunn. We wont get anything good for Kearns. Dunn has more trade value than Kearns or Pena b/c 46 HR last year. If the D-Rays can get Kazmir for V.Zambrano we can get someone just as good for Dunn, it'll be hard to find, but its possible.

klw
06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Manny Ramirez made a considerable stir in New England a couple of years ago when he said he had always wanted to play for the Yankees. When he was a free agent, however, it was Boston which got picked with Cleveland the runner-up. Sometime the hometown dreams do not get followed.

TheBurn
06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade. OkeyDokey... we'll take Clemens and Petitte. ;)

KearnsyEars
06-01-2005, 07:45 PM
still upset me

WVPacman
06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Last night Ryan Wagner said on the Astros broadcast that both he and Belise were big Astro fans, as are the other guys who grew up in that area and now play for the Reds.

Dunn has had a miserable 100 ab's in his home town, that in itself could make him want to stay away for there.

Not to mention the large amount of jack the Astros already have on the future books.

Exactly westofyou,I don't see Dunn going nowhere exspecially to a team thats in our own division.That would be stupid to trade our best power hitter to the Astros a team that we will face 19 times a year.Im sure Dunn is going threw a rough time right now just like the other players are but things will get better and all the players will be happy again and we won't have to worry about anybody leaving.

Topcat
06-01-2005, 11:53 PM

Thats my point exactly. Everyday it becomes more apparent to me that the likelihood of Dunn wanting to stay becomes a wish instead of a reality. If he walks we get next to nothing back compensation wise.

KearnsyEars
06-02-2005, 12:01 AM
as they say.....time will tell

Topcat
06-02-2005, 12:04 AM
as they say.....time will tell

yes time will tell but it maybe the only window the reds have for established pitching. Offer me santana and kotchamn and the reliever who just got sent down damn 4get name from the angels plus there number 1 i take that gamble. Dunn is an established star with power so yes i would ask for alot! But the angels actually may do the deal its a possibility there freakin loaded with prospects.

SteelSD
06-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Thats my point exactly. Everyday it becomes more apparent to me that the likelihood of Dunn wanting to stay becomes a wish instead of a reality. If he walks we get next to nothing back compensation wise.

The Reds are in no immediate risk of Dunn walking. In fact, they haven't even seriously talked LTC with the guy according to O'Brien. Until they make a serious effort to sign him to a solid LTC, there's simply no reason to worry about losing him. Now, if Dunn eventually turns down every serious attempt to sign him long term and expresses his with to test the market, then by all means- move him for real value.

But right now, there should be no rush to move the best player on the team.

TC81190
06-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I trade Dunn, for like, Beckett, Willis, or Peavy. No way do I trade him for an unproven pitcher. I do NOT trust Gullett to help a developing, newly debuting pitcher at the major-league level.

KearnsyEars
06-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I dunno, i just don't see this team letting him walk....

I think they'll really break the bank to keep him.........IF he starts hitting!

Ron Madden
06-02-2005, 03:03 AM
OkeyDokey... we'll take Clemens and Petitte. ;)

That's a bad trade IMHO.

Clemens and Petitte have done well.. Truth is they have already made their mark.

Adam is still young and could repaint the wall.

Smallball
06-02-2005, 04:23 AM
I was within ear-shot of WGN radio last weekend, and listened to the Cubs/Rockies game on Saturday. It was the same day LaTroy Hawkins was traded to the Giants for a couple minor league pitchers. During the post-game show, the callers and the host spent a lot of time throwing around the idea of Chicago working a trade for Dunn. They were upset the Cubs got young pitchers for Hawkins instead of trying to add another bat to their lineup. I was surprised to hear so much Cincinnati-related talk on a WGN post-game show, but it shows that Adam Dunn is one of the most sought after players in baseball right now. I say strike while the iron's hot, and work a deal for some proven young pitching.

KearnsyEars
06-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I say strike while the iron's hot, and work a deal for some proven young pitching.

you will kick yourself for this later if you do it