PDA

View Full Version : Thirty-seven Candles? Sixteen Candles 2? Molly Ringwald Considering Sequel

macro
06-07-2005, 01:01 PM
That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else.
I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek!
Dong! Where is my automobile? If you recognize these lines, you're probably a fan of the movie Sixteen Candles. I must admit that it was this film that set me on my way to a three-year fascination with Molly Ringwald. What do you think about a sequal to the movie?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=824420

Molly Ringwald Says She's in Discussions to Make a Sequel to 'Sixteen Candles'

The Associated Press

Jun. 6, 2005 - Could it be time to put more candles on the cake? Molly Ringwald said she's in discussions to make a sequel to "Sixteen Candles," the 1984 movie about the obstacles and embarrassments a teen girl faces on her birthday.

The film, directed by John Hughes, shot Ringwald to teen stardom, but she hasn't appeared in a major role in many years. She said she's been appearing in theater, small TV and film parts and raising a daughter, now 18 months old.

Ringwald, 37, said she had been approached repeatedly about doing a sequel, but recently read a script that she liked and wanted to star in the movie.

"I've turned it down for years. I couldn't see how it would work," she said. "Now, it seems right."

Ringwald was reunited at the MTV Movie Awards on Saturday with Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy and Paul Gleason, three of her co-stars in 1985's "The Breakfast Club," directed by John Hughes.

Judd Nelson and Emilio Estevez didn't show.

"They're in Africa with Dave Chappelle," Hall joked.

Johnny Footstool
06-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I heard rumors about this project a few years ago, back when it was "32 Candles."

KronoRed
06-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Next up is Ferris Buellers day off 2..but this time it's Grandad Buellers day off

;)

RBA
06-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Darn, why can't Hollywood make something orginal like:

DIFFERENT STROKES, THE MUSICAL

What's you talkin about, Willis?

gonelong
06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Next up is Ferris Buellers day off 2

;)

Thats just the workin' title. I think they are going to go with Ferris Buellers 3 day weekend.

GL

Redsland
06-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Top Ten Other Movie Sequels Being Considered

10. You Got Served 2: Serviní Up More Serve
9. Weekend at Bernieís 3: Something Smells Funny!
8. Leonard Part 5: Not This Yearís Worst Prequel
7. Teen Wolf 3: It Isnít Just His Victims Whoíll Be Shaking
6. Showgirls 2: Nice Pair!
5. The Gods Must Be Crazy 3: Either Them or the Studio
4. Arthur 3: I Know Itís Crazy, But Itís True
3. Battlefield Earth 2: Silence!
2. Howard the Duck 2: Even Better Than the Original
1. Speed 3: This Time, Itís a Shopping Cart

:)

HotCorner
06-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Howard the Duck rules!