PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes --Cricket--England v Australia

RawOwl UK
06-10-2005, 01:36 PM
This Summer in England the Ashes Test Series will take place once again. England have their best chance to win the Ashes since 1987 when Mike Gattings team retained the Ashes out in Oz.

Any Cricket fans on here ? If so Im happy to talk Cricket & the Ashes series till the Wee hours of the morning. :cool:

Nugget
08-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Well we thought we had it won before it started.

The last two tests will be interesting.

RawOwl UK
08-25-2005, 02:20 PM
WOW STOP PRESS -------------------

:) It's been a fantastic series so far. How good have the past two Tests been ? For the first time in years Cricket has stolen footballs thunder on the back pages !!!!!

May the best team win ;)

Nugget
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Well done to Poms - back on the back page in front of the football.

The Aussies were poor - a bum decision against the one guy who was applying himself. Without Steve Waugh it didn't look like they had someone who was willing to protect his wicket. Katich tried, but Clarke has only lived with the Aussies success couldn't apply himself to it.

I wonder if we are heading back to the Border years.

RawOwl UK
08-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Cheers Nugget,

You guys once again fought to the bitter end !!!!! Was worried when Jones went to a terrible shot.

Hope we win the toss and bat first at The Oval then rattle up 850 ;)

WMR
08-29-2005, 06:42 AM
The convo between you two could have been carried on in Japanese and I would have understood just about as much. LOL.

Nugget
08-31-2005, 05:07 AM
And we haven't even got into the discussion about the LBW law yet (or even what an LBW is).

I'm hoping the Aussies will bite the bullet and bring in Hussey and McGill maybe even Hodge as Martyn has been even worse than Hayden. If McGrath is fit I don't see any reason why they need any more seamers than McGrath and Lee for the Oval.

oneupper
08-31-2005, 07:54 AM
LBW! LBW!....yes, yes, I know that one!
It's like HBP, with a british accent.

Go AUSTRALIA! (I lived in Melbourne as a kid)
(Did we win?)

Nugget
09-06-2005, 01:58 AM
One more edge of the seat test to go - Starts on Thursday.

For the uninitiated - Game 7 of the World Series, its tied 3-3.

westofyou
09-08-2005, 12:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/default.stm

Nugget
09-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Congratulations to all the English Cricket Supporters. Not as significant as the Red Sox winning the World Series but it must be nice to have the Ashes back. Don't lock them away because you'll be handing them back in two years. fingers crossed.

RawOwl UK
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
The Country is cricket crazy at the moment :) It's been a long long wait to get the Ashes back but well worth it now .

Here's a great pic of Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pieterson & Captain Vaughan.
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/picture_gallery/0,,1-1195627-12,00.html