PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton to give up public life

Chip R
06-13-2005, 05:07 PM
This should last as long as Mike Tyson's retirement.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050613/111869706000.html

Paris Hilton Plans to Give Up Public Life

Monday June 13 2:11 PM ET

Paris Hilton plans to give up public life for family life. The 24-year-old hotel heiress, star of "The Simple Life" reality series, tells Newsweek magazine that when she was younger, "I thought it was cute to play a dumb blonde. On TV, I do it because it's funny. I consider myself a businesswoman and a brand."

But Hilton says she plans to give up her public life in two years, by which time she expects to become a mother with her fiance, Paris Latsis.

"I don't enjoy going out anymore," she says in the June 20 issue of the magazine, on newsstands Monday. "It's such a pain. It's everyone saying, 'Let's do a deal! Can I have a picture?' I'm just, like, 'These people are such losers. I can't believe I used to love doing this.'"

Paris and her mother, Kathy, were the grand marshals Sunday at the Los Angeles Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual & Transgender Pride Parade. Kathy Hilton wore a large white hat; Paris wore a tiara.

Kathy Hilton's new NBC reality series, "I Want to Be a Hilton," in which she coaches 14 contestants in taste and etiquette, premieres June 21.

Newsweek says Kathy and her husband, Rick Hilton, didn't want their name on the show. "We thought it was too cheeky," Rick Hilton is quoted as saying. "It does sound a little obnoxious."

Kathy Hilton says a sex tape of Paris and an ex-boyfriend that became a cyberspace novelty taught her a lesson.

"Well, that was very painful. Very painful. Very painful," Kathy Hilton tells the magazine. "But it taught me that I really can't trust everybody."

The sex tape surfaced in 2003 just before the start of Paris' reality series. She has said she was embarrassed and humiliated that the tape ever became public.

TC81190
06-13-2005, 06:00 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

:wave: :beerme:

TeamCasey
06-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I never understood the whole Paris Hilton celebrity thing.

Larkin411
06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate to think of the children she'll raise, and the enviornmental damage they'll no doubt wreak through conspicuous consumption, but I can't wait for her to "retire." She's just awful.

WVRed
06-13-2005, 08:24 PM

Shes easier to score off of than Danny Graves.

Seriously, she is a teenage icon along the lines of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera ever since she hit the spotlight with her infamous sex video. Shes the stereotype stupid spoiled girl that all the teenage girls want to be.

Joseph
06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
That she considers herself anything BUT a dumb blonde speaks volumes to just how dumb she is.

RFS62
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
She's a vapid, no talent skank who got lucky being born rich.

Your 15 minutes are up, Paris.

Next.

Matt700wlw
06-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I wish I could be famous for doing nothing....I'm actually GOOD at doing nothing!

missionhockey21
06-13-2005, 10:41 PM
It's sad that her type is actually a marketable force among teens girls in particular (guys just want the vids of her.) Anyway, I heard the rumor that she might be knocked up, if that's the case, I sincerly feel for the child.

RedFanAlways1966
06-14-2005, 08:07 AM
One Paris down (if you believe it). If I could just forget about the one that calls itself the capital of France... and the rest of that country. Ah, no more Hilton and no more France. Now that would be the good and simple life.

:devil:

Jaycint
06-14-2005, 09:11 AM
One Paris down (if you believe it). If I could just forget about the one that calls itself the capital of France... and the rest of that country. Ah, no more Hilton and no more France. Now that would be the good and simple life.

Uhoh RFA, I can sense the sharks gathering in the water. ;)

registerthis
06-14-2005, 09:16 AM
When I saw the headline on CNN yesterday "Paris Hilton to Retire", my first thought was...

From what?

Jaycint
06-14-2005, 10:12 AM
When I saw the headline on CNN yesterday "Paris Hilton to Retire", my first thought was...

From what?

My thoughts exactly Reg...retiring from going to the clubs? Retiring from going shopping? Retiring from making "videos"?

Larkin Fan
06-14-2005, 12:26 PM
My thoughts exactly Reg...retiring from going to the clubs? Retiring from going shopping? Retiring from making "videos"?

Retiring from being a public nuisance?

My thoughts in reference to her are merely, just go away.

redsrule2500
06-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Umm...hooray? lol seriously shes just annoying, so this is good.

But I don't really care.

Chip R
06-14-2005, 02:02 PM
I usually keep my ear to the pop-culture ground but I had never even heard of Paris Hilton until I bought a Stuff calendar and her and her sister were one of the featured pinups for that month. I had no idea who they were. Then I started hearing more about them and I'm like, "Why are they famous?" But a "Paris Hilton is easy" joke is always a good thing. :)

Terry
06-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Me either. I don't even find her the slightest bit attractive. :confused:

Jaycint
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Me either. I don't even find her the slightest bit attractive. :confused:

I think she has the cute face, the body is nothing to write home about though, if she turns sideways she is invisible.

TC81190
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Her face? No. She looks sort of like a stoned bird.

Joseph
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I think she has the cute face, the body is nothing to write home about though, if she turns sideways she is invisible.

We obviously have completely different tastes. I think if she has any feature at all it would be her legs, and those aren't even that nice. Facially though, she's [IMO] horribly ugly. Just the typical over-fixed make-up *****.

Jaycint
06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Her face? No. She looks sort of like a stoned bird.

Different strokes I guess...(Pun not intended, or was it? :evil: )

Raisor
06-14-2005, 06:00 PM
She has a handsome face, which I don't really like in a woman.

guttle11
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I can't believe Paris would put out something like this. I don't believe a lick of it , Does Paris look like the type of girl that would give it all up?

REDREAD
06-14-2005, 10:13 PM
My guess. this is another lame attempt to get her name in the press and garner publicity. She'll disappear kicking and screaming, like all celebrity-wannabees.

dsmith421
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM

As someone with an uncle from Nice, and two wonderful young cousins with dual French-American citizenship, I find "witty" comments like this somewhere between obnoxious and offensive. That's just me, though.

GAC
06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
I honestly don't even think she is attractive at all. And that "tilted head" look whenever she gets her picture taken is sickening anymore. The girl only knows one pose when there is a photographer around.

Chip R
06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
I can't believe Paris would put out something like this. I don't believe a lick of it , Does Paris look like the type of girl that would give it all up?Oh, I think Paris would definitely put out and give it up. :evil:

Roy Tucker
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh, I think Paris would definitely put out and give it up. :evil:
Yeah, someone said something about a video?

For me, I don't give a rat's patoot about Paris Hilton and the segment of modern day popular culture that she represents.

There seems to be a plethora of people who's names are in the entertainment news that I read and say "who are they, what have they done, and why should I care?".

My answers seem to be "I don't know, apparently nothing, and no reason".

And the pouty angular cheekbones borderline anorexia hips on a 6 degree of freedom swivel mount fashion model look doesn't float my boat. Give me a good old corn-fed midwest girl with a little meat on her bones and a lot of real life character and common sense any day.

Jaycint
06-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Give me a good old corn-fed midwest girl with a little meat on her bones

Now you're talkin'! :thumbup:

TRF
06-15-2005, 12:09 PM
giving up public life is hot.

TC81190
06-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Corn-fed seems a little odd, but OK. I agree.

Unassisted
06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
In 15 years, when she is named CEO of her daddy's company, you'll all regret that you made fun of Paris Hilton. :D

TeamSelig
06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
I disagree, Paris is hot, and I think most of american thinks so too. IMO she's relied mainly on her looks, along with her name as well.