PDA

View Full Version : Former Bush administration member voicing doubts about WTC collapse

savafan
06-15-2005, 02:37 PM
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050613-102755-6408r.htm

A former Bush team member during his first administration is now voicing serious doubts about the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9-11. Former chief economist for the Department of Labor during President George W. Bush's first term Morgan Reynolds comments that the official story about the collapse of the WTC is "bogus" and that it is more likely that a controlled demolition destroyed the Twin Towers and adjacent Building No. 7. Reynolds, who also served as director of the Criminal Justice Center at the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas and is now professor emeritus at Texas A&M University said, "If demolition destroyed three steel skyscrapers at the World Trade Center on 9/11, then the case for an 'inside job' and a government attack on America would be compelling." Reynolds commented from his Texas A&M office, "It is hard to exaggerate the importance of a scientific debate over the cause of the collapse of the twin towers and building 7. If the official wisdom on the collapses is wrong, as I believe it is, then policy based on such erroneous engineering analysis is not likely to be correct either. The government's collapse theory is highly vulnerable on its own terms. Only professional demolition appears to account for the full range of facts associated with the collapse of the three buildings."

TC81190
06-15-2005, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes:

zombie-a-go-go
06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, this is timely. :rolleyes:

GoReds
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
http://photos9.flickr.com/11686827_62d975059c.jpg?v=0

pedro
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
http://photos9.flickr.com/11686827_62d975059c.jpg?v=0

I don't know, seems dubious to me. I mean how does the nougat stay suspended within the hollow earth?

Johnny Footstool
06-15-2005, 03:23 PM
When I want to know about buildings collapsing, I ask an economist from the Department of Labor.

RedFanAlways1966
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Former chief economist... Morgan Reynolds

Gee. I graduated with an Economics degree. Never, not even once, did I take classes on engineering or building structures. Sounds like those classes are for non-Econ majors... like engineers.

Now, I wonder...

(1) Why is this nut no longer working in the Administration? Could the real reason be the reason for this sudden brainwork on his part? An effort to make our country look bad b/c he was unceremoniously let go. I don't know... but I wonder.

(2) How long until this nut's book on this conspiracy hits the market? Don't be surprised.

(3) The Pentagon. Demo team there too? Same one or demo team #2?

(4) Why did demo team #3 blowup that field in PA? That field must have been a secret governmnet installation. Or perhaps Hanger 18 was buried below the ground in that PA field? I'll have to wait for #2 above.

I hope his tax returns are very-very-very accurate. He may become an annual audit. I'd love for him to explain his brainwork to families of the victims that were on those four planes that day. Were those planes a part of a demo thing too?

I'd be real upset if I was paying $50K/year to send my kid to Texas A&M. This nut gives the Aggies a bad-name.

traderumor
06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
:help:

Rojo
06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
I actually went to a symposium presented by some of these folks and most of it is plain silly. The only thing that is the least bit weird is the owner of WTC 7's comment that he gave the order to "pull" the building, that is demolish it.

Johnny Footstool
06-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Mark this thread. This may be the only time RFA66 and I will ever share the same view on a topic. :thumbup:

Roy Tucker
06-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know, seems dubious to me. I mean how does the nougat stay suspended within the hollow earth?
Silly Pedro. Everyone knows the nougat isn't suspended. It's surrounded by chewy caramel.

RedsBaron
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
(1) Why is this nut no longer working in the Administration?
How did this nut ever get a job in the administration in the first place?

Reds4Life
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I should put **TFHW** next to the title of this thread.

For those who don't know, that stands for Tin Foil Hat Warning. ;)

jmcclain19
06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I should put **TFHW** next to the title of this thread.

For those who don't know, that stands for Tin Foil Hat Warning. ;)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/903959/tinfoil.jpg

jmcclain19
06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
And I must say, as an Engineer, this is a big load of you know what.

Jaycint
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Some of you here who may work in the field or have knowledge on building demolition, what would go into demolishing buildings that big so that they fell basically straight down on top of theirselves? Would it be hard to do? Would it take a phenomenal amount of dynamite? Would their have to be dynamite or something placed at different levels of the building up to a certain floor or could it all be done from the bottom? Just curious, not necessarily saying I think that that's what happened...

Unassisted
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
The thing that I found most dubious about this when I first heard it is the notion that buildings could be rigged for demolition and nobody in the building would notice it. I've seen documentaries about building implosions, and in those buildings, wires are strung everywhere and the explosive charges are fairly large and numerous. There's no way a building the size of a WTC tower could be stealthily rigged for implosion with today's technology.

Redsland
06-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Some of you here who may work in the field or have knowledge on building demolition, what would go into demolishing buildings that big so that they fell basically straight down on top of theirselves?
According to a special I saw on this subject, you'd need to construct the building so that a metal outer skin supported most of the weight, and then support the individual floors on metal trusses. Then you'd need a massive fire to heat the metal skin and trusses, weakening them. Eventually the heated trusses would fail and the floors would fall down on top of one another, hauling the building down.

:(

registerthis
06-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd be real upset if I was paying $50K/year to send my kid to Texas A&M. This nut gives the Aggies a bad-name.
I agree. :eek:

This guy is a nut...I may not have much love for the government or the Bush administration, but by no means to I believe it would do anything as heinous as what is being suggested. And, like many people have pointed out...economics? Structural engineering? Huh?

Again, the guy is a nut.

RFS62
06-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Again, the guy is a nut.

That's an insult to nuts everywhere.

Mutaman
06-15-2005, 05:51 PM
How did this nut ever get a job in the administration in the first place?

Talk about your hanging curve balls. I can't resist. Have you reviewed the rest of the guys and girls in the administration. Most of them had jobs in the oil industry at one time.

savafan
06-15-2005, 06:14 PM
FWIW, this isn't the first time I've heard this theory.

Reds/Flyers Fan
06-15-2005, 10:56 PM
If the government rigged the WTC buildings to collapse, why wasn't a similar scheme employed at the Pentagon? If it was, it failed miserably.

pedro
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
If the government rigged the WTC buildings to collapse, why wasn't a similar scheme employed at the Pentagon? If it was, it failed miserably.

There are a lot of conspiracy theories about an airplane never hitting the pentagon. Not that I beleive it, but it does make for some compelling reading.

Reds/Flyers Fan
06-16-2005, 01:03 AM
There are a lot of conspiracy theories about an airplane never hitting the pentagon. Not that I beleive it, but it does make for some compelling reading.

Not that I believe that conspiracy theory for a second, but I did find it strange that not a single video exists of a plane actually striking the Pentagon. This is supposed to be the nerve center for the U.S. military and you're telling me there is no round-the-clock video surveillance of all exterior and interior parts of the building and property? And in Washington DC, a city where it's impossible to walk a block without seeing at least 25 tourists with video cameras, nobody has footage of a roaring 767 skimming the treetops?

Perhaps whatever video there is/was hasn't been released to keep security camera locations secret. Or perhaps there just is no video.

Again, I am not a believer in any of the 9/11 conspiracies.

RFS62
06-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Try telling the relatives of those who perished in the plane that hit the pentagon that it didn't happen.

creek14
06-16-2005, 07:48 AM
There is video of the plane going into the Pentagon. It was taken from a parking lot security camera. It's grainy, really poor quality. Plus the plane came in so low and so fast - it just disintegrates on contact. Not as *spectacular* as the videos of the WTC, so it didn't get as much airtime, but it exists.

BTW, I know several people who where there that day, including an Officer who was in the parking lot and watched it happen.

creek14
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Just googled it - this site has the video. Of course the quality is even worse than on TV.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/03/07/gen.pentagon.pictures/

Images show September 11 Pentagon crash
March 8, 2002 Posted: 7:09 AM EST (1209 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Department of Defense on Thursday released a series of photos taken by a security camera that show the fireball from a hijacked airliner crashing into the Pentagon on September 11.

At 9:43 a.m., a hijacked Boeing 757 slammed into part of the 29-acre complex used by uniformed and civilian employees of the U.S. military. The crash killed about 200 people, including all 64 on the plane. Tens of thousands more were evacuated.

The impact of the airliner and leaking fuel produced intense heat and a smoky blaze that contributed to the collapse of part of the Pentagon. The attack penetrated three of the building's five rings, and the fire spread through the wooden roof.

Authorities initially closed roughly one-half of the Pentagon, but most of the building was reopened within a week.

Two other jetliners hijacked on September 11 crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, causing the collapse of the twin towers and killing more than 2,800 people. A fourth hijacked airliner crashed in Pennsylvania.