PDA

View Full Version : Morton's Toe

creek14
06-17-2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.foot.com/images/illustration_mortons_toe.gif

Morton's toe is when the second toe is longer than the great toe.

westofyou
06-17-2005, 06:25 PM
And if you do you probably have Rothbart's Foot Structure

KronoRed
06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
You mean that's not normal? :D

Danny Serafini
06-17-2005, 06:41 PM
My second toe would probably stick out past my big toe if it wasn't bent at a 45 degree angle. Yeah, I'm weird.

Rojo
06-17-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing that this poll is "self-selecting" -- only Morton-ites are likely to respond.

Larkin411
06-17-2005, 08:36 PM
My mom always referred to them as "Greek feet" because in idealized depictions of beauty the Greeks, and thus later the Romans and usually Renaissance artists as well, always gave their statues and artwork Morton's toe. So I guess David Bowie(a fellow Morton-ite) and I just have extra-pretty feet from a classical standpoint :)

That or she made up the term "Greek feet" to make me feel special. I wouldn't put it past her.

creek14
06-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Ryan Freel missed his fourth game Wednesday, still awaiting a second cortisone injection into the second toe on his left foot to take affect.

Freel has had the same problem the last two years, but one cortisone shot each year resolved the problem. Not this time.

"It's a degenerative condition, and it happens because my second toe on my left foot is longer than my big toe," said Freel. "It comes from running on it and began hurting after I stole three bags Saturday. I couldn't even walk the next day.

"The foot doctor said this is something we'll need to address (surgically) down the road," Freel added. "It hurts when I push off the foot and when I dig in to run. It hits a nerve and I can't run on my toes."

zombie-a-go-go
06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I knew there was a reason I liked Freel. We're like brothers! :D

Super_Barry11
06-23-2005, 09:37 AM
This confirms it!! Freel and I ARE soulmates!! :p: :laugh:

RedFanAlways1966
06-23-2005, 09:40 AM
My wife & daughter have what I call "monkey toes". They can bend their toes like I can bend my fingers. My wife picks thing up off the floor with her toes while carrying our baby daughter. I cannot do this with my toes. Our daughter got from her Mommy. We noticed it right away and laughed about it.

No Morton toes for me. Just terrible turf toe on the right big toe. Years of baseball & softball abuse.

creek14
06-23-2005, 09:43 AM
My feet are a total mess. My second, third, and fourth toes are all longer than my *big* toe. I think I have Mrs 66's monkey toes.

zombie-a-go-go
06-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I can play the first few lines of "Silent Night" on the piano with my toes.

Yep, I'm that cool. :laugh:

westofyou
06-23-2005, 09:48 AM
My wife picks thing up off the floor with her toes

Me too... freaks my wife out... and yes she calls them Monkey Feet.

SunDeck
06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
My sister in law calls my wife's and her brother's feet "Flintstone Feet" because their toes are all really close together and practically the same length. And they are all pretty flat footed which makes their feet look like blocks.

My feet are perfect, except for being really wide. And I have sesamoiditis from jumping of the back of truck beds onto concrete a few too many times. And I have about three hairs growing out of the top of my feet. It looks like they're lost or confused.
More than you ever wanted to know about my feet, certainly.

gonelong
06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Me too... freaks my wife out... and yes she calls them Monkey Feet.

My wife has 'em as well, and yes, we call them monkey feet as well.

My slightly less than 2 yr old son has them as well.

Freaks, both of them.

smith288
06-24-2005, 05:27 PM
My pinky toenail is about as thick as it is wide... its like I need a dremel saw to shave it down... awww yea.

UKFlounder
06-24-2005, 06:05 PM
My wife has 'em as well, and yes, we call them monkey feet as well.

Hey, I didn't know I had "monkey feet" but I guess I do.

I just figured everybody could do that, but that I was one of the few who was lazy enough to do so, instead of bending over to pick stuff up. (I'm not exactly skinny, shall we say.)

Sweetstop
06-24-2005, 06:10 PM
What's it mean if the big toe and second toe are the same length?

KronoRed
06-24-2005, 06:22 PM
What's it mean if the big toe and second toe are the same length?
You have super powers

;)

Dom Heffner
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
My big toe is so big that it causes me to wear one size higher of shoe. Also- my second and middle toes are webbed on both feet. :)

gonelong
06-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey, I didn't know I had "monkey feet" but I guess I do.

I just figured everybody could do that, but that I was one of the few who was lazy enough to do so, instead of bending over to pick stuff up. (I'm not exactly skinny, shall we say.)

While I can do amazing things with my hands and fingers (just ask [insert female relatives name here]) all I can do with my feet and toes is stand on them.

GL

DoogMinAmo
06-25-2005, 01:00 AM
While I can do amazing things with my hands and fingers (just ask [insert female relatives name here]) all I can do with my feet and toes is stand on them.

GL

:bang: :bang:

smith288
06-25-2005, 05:58 PM
My big toe is so big that it causes me to wear one size higher of shoe. Also- my second and middle toes are webbed on both feet. :) Is your mom named Chloe?

http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2004/March/25/Pics/15B%20Dr.Evil.jpg