PDA

View Full Version : Traded for Felipe

HBP
06-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I traded David Wright for Felipe. I had Wright and Hank Blalock at 3B and needed to get rid of one of them. My current SS is Eckstein so Lopez will be an upgrade in about every aspect except avg maybe. Was this a good trade?

pedro
06-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I traded David Wright for Felipe. I had Wright and Hank Blalock at 3B and needed to get rid of one of them. My current SS is Eckstein so Lopez will be an upgrade in about every aspect except avg maybe. Was this a good trade?

I would have done it. Although I would have tried to trade Blalock rather than Wright.

kyred14
06-26-2005, 07:57 PM
I got Felipe off the wavier wire in all three of my leagues. That was a sweet pickup.

As for your question, that is a good pickup. Your league must be pretty deep if you were stuck with Eckstein, huh?

kheidg-
06-26-2005, 08:00 PM
I would have done it. Although I would have tried to trade Blalock rather than Wright.

Granted Wright is having an awesome season - how could you justify trading Blalock over him?

pedro
06-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Granted Wright is having an awesome season - how could you justify trading Blalock over him?

I just think David Wright is a better player. His total OPS this year is .901 and he plays in a pitchers park. His road OPS is .106 better than his home OPS.

Hank Blalock on the other hand has a total OPS of .820 and he plays in a hitters' park. His road / home splits are .720 / .927.

And that's just from a fantasy perspective. In real life I'd take Wright too, he's younger and a better fielder.

HBP
06-27-2005, 11:09 AM
In real life I'd take Wright too. If he hit #3 or #4 in the Mets lineup (like he probably should be), I wouldn't have traded him. But, he is usually the #6 or #7 hitter. I like the RBI opportunities Blalock gives me over Wright.

kheidg-
06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't know, for some reason I just don't see David Wright continuing at the pace that he is on. IMO Blalock will finish with better numbers than Wright.

11BarryLarkin11
06-27-2005, 08:13 PM

It depends on your scoring categories. I have both Wright and Lopez (who I grabbed off the waiver wire), so I don't have your dilemma. But, I'd be hard pressed to deal Wright, he is most impressive. Lopez still scares me a bit, his free swinging ways could lead to a slump. But, all in all, I don't think you did too badly.