06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Hopefully the Celtics will get somebody good this year. :thumbup:

Chip R
06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Hopefully the Celtics will get somebody good this year. :thumbup:
From your lips...

LincolnparkRed
06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I know the Bulls won't. Paxson(from Dayton) if you are reading this in my best yoda voice : No one in this draft you want" Especially if you are thinking about trading someone to get them unless someone wants Janero Pargo, then trade away.

Ibleedblue
06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
This draft doesn't have any surefire superstars, but it is LOADED with guys who can come in right away and contribute. Lots of combo forwards and PF's.

KronoRed
06-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Note to NBA people

Do not draft the Florida guys, they are not as good as advertised.

Danny Serafini
06-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Just need Bogut to slide one spot. That's all I'm asking for, just one spot.

Super_Barry11
06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm so excited for my boy, Wayne Simien!!! :D Wherever he goes, I'm gonna buy his jersey, so I hope he goes somewhere with cool colors!! :p:

My favorite team right now is Chicago because of Kirk Hinrich, but that'll change tonight... Gotta support my Wayne!! :D :D :D

SplitFinger
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
My favorite team right now is Chicago because of Kirk HinrichYes, I am not alone lol.

MAKE A TRADE CHICAGO!!!! I WANT SOMEBODY

Heath
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Instant Redszone poll..... If Dan O'Brien was reincarnated as a GM for an NBA, who would he be running??

My guess?? The Clippers.. :D

The Cavaliers acquired a second-rounder. This Gilbert guy is either going to be Mark Cuban or Ted Stepien (Hardcore Cavalier fans shudder). He's going to be good or really, really crappy - I'm not sure he can hit the middle.

EDIT: The Cavaliers acquired a 2nd rounder for 2006...ahh..makes sense why Cleveland did not appear on the draft board :bang: :help:

Jaycint
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm a big Nuggets fan since they have a couple former Bearcats but they are picking so far down that I really have no idea which way they'll go. Besides, once Kenyon gets traded somewhere else my allegiance will change again anyway. :)

WVRed
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Celtics take Gerald Green, I now have faith in them again.

CTA513
06-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Jason Maxiell just got drafted by the Pistons at #26.

Matt700wlw
06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Does Huggins get credit for any of this or just frowned upon when things go wrong?

:evil:

Reds4Life
06-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Does Huggins get credit for any of this or just frowned upon when things go wrong?

:evil:

It's Bob Huggins fault he wasn't drafted with the 25th pick, lets fire him! :D

;)

Unassisted
06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Spurs took a guy from France in Round 1 who NBA.com didn't even have a profile ready for. :lol:

They have a crack scouting department. :thumbup:

Some people around here wonder if they even bother to scout US collegians.

TeamBoone
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Yea for Maxiell!!!!!! He worked so hard; I'm so glad he got picked in the first round.

They just showed him on the local news; his Mom organized a draft-watching party at the Arena. He and Huggins were hugging.... it was cool. Huggs always had nice things to say about Jason.

Matt700wlw
06-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I hope Max has a great NBA career....now I have a reason to watch (besides Kenyon)!

M2
06-28-2005, 11:28 PM
It's amazing how NBA talent evaluation mimics MLB talent evaluation. A lot of clubs in the lottery are picking kids based on tools and once you start running into more competent clubs, they start grabbing players who've proven themselves in the college game.

You look at guys like Ike Diogu, Rashad McCants, Antoine Wright, Joey Graham, Danny Graham, Hakim Warrick, Julius Hodge (been 30 years since the Nuggets took a shooting guard from NC St. in the first round), Francisco Garcia, Jason Maxiell and Wayne Simien are, IMO, great picks. I love what the Charlotte Bobcats are doing, adding Raymond Felton and Brad May (didn't I just see him carry his team to an NCAA title?) to Emeka Okafor.

pedro
06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
It's amazing how NBA talent evaluation mimics MLB talent evaluation. A lot of clubs in the lottery are picking kids based on tools and once you start running into more competent clubs, they start grabbing players who've proven themselves in the college game.

You look at guys like Ike Diogu, Rashad McCants, Antoine Wright, Joey Graham, Danny Graham, Hakim Warrick, Julius Hodge (been 30 years since the Nuggets took a shooting guard from NC St. in the first round), Francisco Garcia, Jason Maxiell and Wayne Simien are, IMO, great picks. I love what the Charlotte Bobcats are doing, adding Raymond Felton and Brad May (didn't I just see him carry his team to an NCAA title?) to Emeka Okafor.

There was an interesting article in sundays NY Times about some "moneyball" type analysis that some guys are doing with regards to the NBA draft. Check it out if you get a chance.

They basically said that High School guys are overvalued and college seniors are undervalued.

MWM
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
The NBA is so different in that good individual performance is no gurantee of positive contribution to winning. Baseball is just a series of individual events, while basketball requires a player to mesh in a system. Stephon Marbury is a perfect example of a guy who is a fantastic individual player but I think is detrimental to team wins.

pedro
06-28-2005, 11:54 PM
The NBA is so different in that good individual performance is no gurantee of positive contribution to winning. Baseball is just a series of individual events, while basketball requires a player to mesh in a system. Stephon Marbury is a perfect example of a guy who is a fantastic individual player but I think is detrimental to team wins.

Marbury has one of the prettiest jump shots I have ever seen.

Danny Serafini
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Mark my words, Cenk Akyol is the steal of this draft!

OnBaseMachine
06-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Mark my words, Cenk Akyol is the steal of this draft!

Did you see a picture of this kid?!?... he looks like he is 12 years old.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/cenk-akyol-hd.jpg

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/cenkakyol.asp

Super_Barry11
06-29-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm so happy for Wayne Simien... He's now a member of the Miami Heat!!! :thumbup: I know he'll be awesome!!! :) I can't wait to get a Miami Heat Simien jersey!! :)

Ibleedblue
06-29-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm so happy for Wayne Simien... He's now a member of the Miami Heat!!! I know he'll be awesome!!! I can't wait to get a Miami Heat Simien jersey!! He probably injured himself walking up the steps to shake David Sterns hand. :D

Super_Barry11
06-29-2005, 03:31 AM
He probably injured himself walking up the steps to shake David Sterns hand. :D

Good one. :rolleyes:

Tough to shake Sterns's hand from Leavenworth, Kansas. But if he had been in NYC and injured himself, he'd have toughed it out and given one heck on an interview, cause Wayne's a warrior like that. :thumbup:

cumberlandreds
06-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Note to NBA people

Do not draft the Florida guys, they are not as good as advertised.

Only the Knicks didn't take your advice. They took David Lee in the first round. Walsh and Roberson will be in Europe with two of my UK Wildcats,Morris and Azibuike. Whoever advises these kids are just nuts.

15fan
06-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Spurs took a guy from France in Round 1 who NBA.com didn't even have a profile ready for. :lol:

They have a crack scouting department. :thumbup:

Some people around here wonder if they even bother to scout US collegians.

It's hard to argue with the Spurs' recent success by going abroad.

But 2 years ago they really flubbed when they took Udrih over this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3732)

Josh would've given them the same thing that Bowen gives them on the defensive end, and a whole lot more on the offensive end.

Locally, I think the Hawks did ok last night. Personally I think they shoulda taken Chris Paul, but they got a good PG in Stoudamire. Williams gives them a second young forward with freak-show athletic ability to go with Josh Smith. If they can find a serviceable center and some depth, they might actually have a competitive team for a change.

Unassisted
06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
It's hard to argue with the Spurs' recent success by going abroad.

But 2 years ago they really flubbed when they took Udrih over this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3732)

Josh would've given them the same thing that Bowen gives them on the defensive end, and a whole lot more on the offensive end.Udrih definitely looked like a bust in the playoffs, but he contributed more in the first half of the season.

Speculation is that they may try to swap Udrih and/or Rasho Nesterovic for a small forward that Bowen can groom.

KronoRed
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Only the Knicks didn't take your advice. They took David Lee in the first round. Walsh and Roberson will be in Europe with two of my UK Wildcats,Morris and Azibuike. Whoever advises these kids are just nuts.
Yep, and they hired agents meaning NO chance of going back to school..just bad bad bad choices :(

Chip R
06-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Yep, and they hired agents meaning NO chance of going back to school..just bad bad bad choices :(But they probably got some sweet suits though.

WVRed
06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Yep, and they hired agents meaning NO chance of going back to school..just bad bad bad choices :(

Morris didnt hire an agent, but I doubt he will be wearing Kentucky blue next season.

KronoRed
06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
But they probably got some sweet suits though.
Not only that, but playing in Europe ;)