PDA

View Full Version : I guess you guys hate newbies

achilles
07-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't understand this. I am down to one point before being banned. I have gotten several nasty and rude emails as well as being scolded.

I'm sorry Chipper, Wheel, and SteelDS if I offended you. The board was dead last night and I was trying to stir conversation.

A friend recommended this board to me, but this is the most unfriendly board I've ever seen. I guess you guys can go ahead and take away my last point so that when the board owners come into work tommorrow morning they can go ahead and ban me.

I did get one friendly PM from someone and I really appreciate it. But frankly, the rest of you are pretty rude.

captainmorgan07
07-10-2005, 10:00 PM
hey now we all aint that rude we just dont' agree with you on some of ur stand on particular topic that doesnt mean we dont like you

Falls City Beer
07-10-2005, 10:00 PM
I suspect that the above emailers were attempting constructive criticism. Too much posting displaces earlier posts to the second and third page, and thus to obscurity.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just post quality instead of quantity and you'll find yourself more welcome than on any other board in the biz. Take my word for it.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks traderumor for getting me banned. You've proved my point.

wheels
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
You're not banned.

You're at negative rep points, but you're not banned.

People are just trying to tell you to cool it on the bumping up of older threads for no real reason.

captainmorgan07
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
your right falls city beer that's the key to this thread

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Now Chip is editing the word jerk out of my posts.. thanks Chip.. I want to make sure I post up to your lofty standards.

wheels
Oaky, so now it's time for everyone to post what everyone is saying to them when they are repped/negged.

That's great.

Chip R
achilles, name calling will not be tolerated here. Consider this a warning. Next time you will be banned. I haven't banned anyone for a while so I got an itchy trigger finger.

Falls City Beer
07-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Dude, look--take this for constructive criticism, then: just post responsibly, thoughtfully, or at the very least, humorously, and you'll have no problems.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:08 PM
But it's ok for you to call me Beavis. Ok. whatever man.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks Falls city.. let me get that in while I can.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Is name calling allowed in PMs? I just got this from wheels:

Moderator Edit: Quote deleted.

Larry Schuler
But it's ok for you to call me Beavis. Ok. whatever man.

Don't upset the "board leaders". They are always right.

paintmered
Thanks Falls city.. let me get that in while I can.

You cannot be banned for reputation points.

Falls City Beer
07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Forget it, I give up.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Don't upset the "board leaders". They are always right.

You're probably right. I think I'll call it a night. Maybe tommorrow their finger won't be itchy.

paintmered
07-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Is name calling allowed in PMs? I just got this from wheels:

PMs are private conversation and are outside the bounds of moderation. Likewise, because they are private by nature, they should not be outted onto the public forum. If you need to report a threat made via PM to a moderator, that is a different story - but the rest of the board does not need to know what you've been PM'd

Got it?

Chip R
07-10-2005, 10:15 PM
But it's ok for you to call me Beavis. Ok. whatever man.Yes it is because I did it in a private message and I was trying to tell you that you didn't have to respond to every thread in a lighthearted way. In fact I told you that in the PM but you left that part out. If you want to call someone names, take it private. You also may want to familiarize yourself with the rules of this board posted at the bottom of the page.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
ok, from now on I'll Pm someone when I want to call them a name. Thanks.

wheels
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
PMs are private conversation and are outside the bounds of moderation. Likewise, because they are private by nature, they should not be outted onto the public forum. If you need to report a threat made via PM to a moderator, that is a different story - but the rest of the board does not need to know what you've been PM'd

Got it?

I didn't threaten him, I called him a little turd.

There's a big difference.

paintmered
07-10-2005, 10:17 PM
ok, from now on I'll Pm someone when I want to call them a name. Thanks.

Just don't come to us when you get called a name in return.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Chip, I wasn't trying to misrepresent what you said. Here is your entire message:

Settle down, Beavis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't have to reply to every post on the board.

paintmered
07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I didn't threaten him, I called him a little turd.

There's a big difference.

I know you didn't.

I was just trying to give him a situation when moderator notification is justified.

wheels
07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Why in the world are you posting people's private messages?

This is totally insane.

wheels
07-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I know you didn't.

I was just trying to give him a situation when moderator notification is justified.

Yeah...

I reread your post.

I'm just a little cheesed off right now.

Dom Heffner
Dude has 10% of my post total in one day. Wowsa.

achilles
Just don't come to us when you get called a name in return.

I was just wondering why my post was edited. It really doesn't bother me if someone not so nice calls me a turd.

Now I know the rules. Thanks.

Reds4Life
07-10-2005, 10:22 PM
If your trying to fit in on the board and want others to respect your opinions posting threads like this doesn’t help you case.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Why in the world are you posting people's private messages?

This is totally insane.

I posted them to show that I have not been recieving constructive criticism.

I was wondering why I lost all my points for just trying to start conversation on a Saturday night that was pretty dead.

Now I know that I better not respond to a topic that was not started on that day. I know that I should probably only respond to 2 or 3 topics a day or I'll get blasted with Pms.

Why does it bother you that a Pm was posted? Are you ashamed of what you said? Why does it bother you? It's all an anonymous board anyway.

Reds Nd2
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Oaky, so now it's time for everyone to post what everyone is saying to them when they are repped/negged.

That's great.

Weren't you the one who said this would when neg/rep went public? I agreed then and I agree now, even more so.

achilles
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
good night everyone.

I really didn't want to start a big fight. I thought I was going to get banned monday morning, and I really don't understand why.

From now on, I'll only respond to threads started on the current day, if that makes everyone so upset. Good night.

Reds4Life
07-10-2005, 10:27 PM
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Reds baseball, off to Non-Baseball Chatter it goes.

paintmered
07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Okay, show's over. You ain't got to go home, but you can't stay here.