PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to grow up here. Time to end the Trojan War

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Ok, so last night I exchanged some talk with one of our newest posters Achiles. Quite frankly, I am appauled at the wolfpack of members that are ganging up on this newbie. And I am also disappointed that some of the admins are basically enabling this behavior.

I am not going to call out any names from his infamous list, but it is kind of ironic that one of those posters had sincere concerns about the rep system being abused when it was formed. Another poster through a huge fit the first time a troll dinged him for 1 rep point. Yet, they seem to forget that a newbie getting slammed his first day is going to get upset and vent.

I had insommnia last night, so I read every one of his posts (didn't put me to sleep, unfortunately). I can't find a single post of on the baseball side that deserved a neg. The nonbaseball thread got a little out of hand, but try to understand his frustration.

Was he right to post "the list"? Probably not. Was he right to participate in flame wars via PM. Nope. But I talked to him and told him I would make this post in the morning. He agreed to stop posting his list and stop the flaming if people will just back off and leave him alone. So let's give him a fresh start.

I'd also like to point out that Reds Live was created for the newbies. If you can't tolerate newbies, please stay in the Sacred Old Red Guard Forum, or put the poster you don't like on ignore (like we used to have to do before we had all this power to punish people).

remdog
07-12-2005, 06:54 AM
I agree with everything you said. Especially about Reds Live.

I am glad to hear that Achilles has taken off the list (even though I wasn't too surprised to see the names on it: :laugh: )

Rem

User Name
07-12-2005, 07:25 AM
I know us Newbs are hard to take sometimes. Thanks for the support. Dunn sucks :evil:

User Name
07-12-2005, 07:26 AM
J/K I like Dunn.

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 07:29 AM
I wanted to clarify to say that on Reds Live, you should expect to see things like 60 posts on the first day, etc. Please have patience. We were all newbies at one time.

Thanks.

TeamCasey
07-12-2005, 07:44 AM
I can't find a single post of on the baseball side that deserved a neg.

I basically missed the entire weekend of posts in question. I haven't read much of the board lately, because I've been outside. I only negged what he decided to do with his signature, and I told him that.

Now I'm getting my own personal, insulting nastygrams via PM.

I'm not going to tolerate that from anyone.

Raisor
07-12-2005, 08:02 AM
If he's going to keep that sig, it's going to continue to grow.

KittyDuran
07-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I agree with everything you said. Especially about Reds Live.

I am glad to hear that Achilles has taken off the list (even though I wasn't too surprised to see the names on it: :laugh: )

RemHmmm... he still has it up. I did send him a PM on it. [in a nice way] asking him to take it down. We'll see what happens... :pray:

KittyDuran
07-12-2005, 08:12 AM
If he's going to keep that sig, it's going to continue to grow.What a GREAT idea... negging people for their sigs... I have a few on my list already! :beerme:

Sabo17
07-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Kitty I am finding that signature a little offensive....

I dont wanna grow up and you cant make me.. :evil:

TeamCasey
07-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.

Sabo17
07-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.

Do I detect a conspiracy....

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 08:33 AM
He doesn't have internet access during the day. Give him until tonight (late) to change it.

I'm not going to argue who's right or wrong. IMO, both sides were immature. I just want it to end.

Sabo17
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I think it's *Censored*.

Dohh now I feel I had to censor it..

Well we know it isnt Dan O cause we wouldnt have seen a responce for a few days maybe months. It was way to fast a responce for him.

So you maybe on to something here.

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 08:41 AM
It was just a stupid joke folks.. not a poster or former poster here.

KittyDuran
07-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Whatever, quite frankly, I don't think he's a new person at all.Don't some of the mods have the capability to find that out? :confused: I know when I signed on as TeamRanda - paint knew right away who I was...

Caveat Emperor
07-12-2005, 08:43 AM
I only negged what he decided to do with his signature, and I told him that.

I ding people for a paltry 2 points. I've dinged maybe 2 people since I got ORG posting access.

I made him my 3rd when he put a list in his signature of the people who had negatized him. That's a classless move that someone with an ounce of internet saavy would know better than.

The point of the reputation system, I thought, was to discourage behavior such as this. Instead of learning that there are standards in place at RZ for how things get done, he has chosen to try and antagonize the community. I like RZ because behavior like that is few and far between, and I'd kinda like to keep it that way.

/RANT

Sabo17
07-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Everyone please understand maybe it is to soon but I am just trying to lets move on and have a smile with my little quiffs. It is over, and I am sure Achilles will change his sig after he has logged on.

On another note:
Don't Mods have the power to change sigs, cause I remember signing in one day and my signature had mysteriously changed and I just figured someone took offense or thought someone might take offense and they had changed it, no biggie..

flyer85
07-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Trojans for everybody, I say.

The Baumer
07-12-2005, 09:04 AM
I say the rules should be totally subjective to whoever breaks them. If the perpetrator is your friend, I say sweep it under the rug and don't acknowledge it. As long as they have a perfectly good reason for breaking the rules it should be fine.

RBA
07-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Huh? What's you talkin about Willis?

GIK
07-12-2005, 09:27 AM
This is news to me, but I was also gone from 7/2-9 and didn't have much access until yesterday. I'll also be away from 7/13-17 and I don't have enough time to read through all posts in question. If anyone would like to PM me a synopsis who is aware or involved with achilles, it'd be much appreciated.

traderumor
07-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Yep, I gave Achilles neg rep points. Isn't the first, won't be the last list I make. I read through his rant on how rude folks are on this board, he asked someone to neg him to get it over with, so I obliged. It strikes a nerve with me when a person new to a community comes into the community and starts telling folks they are rude, doing things that they don't like, etc. From the little bit I've seen, the dings are well deserved.

Of course, its funny to see the unwritten rules being written about when its ok to ding a post, what is allowed to be dinged, etc. I don't follow them, rebel that I am :p:

07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Yep, I gave Achilles neg rep points. Isn't the first, won't be the last list I make. I read through his rant on how rude folks are on this board, he asked someone to neg him to get it over with, so I obliged. It strikes a nerve with me when a person new to a community comes into the community and starts telling folks they are rude, doing things that they don't like, etc. From the little bit I've seen, the dings are well deserved.

Of course, its funny to see the unwritten rules being written about when its ok to ding a post, what is allowed to be dinged, etc. I don't follow them, rebel that I am :p:

Same here- I neged him for the same thing. I didn't call him names, like he did me in PM. I didn't put him in a sig. And Rem, you said you weren't surprised by who was on his list, or words to that effect- do you mean me? I don't ever remember having problems with you.

If Achilles plays it cool I have no problem with him. I don't even care if he PMs me calling me names again. It is just a PM. But if he posts again about neg rep poiints and our rudeness I will probably ding him again. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen.

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I just want to say that I was kind of pissed off this morning. I don't hold any grudges against anyone on "the list", and I hope the feeling is mutual.

07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
I just want to say that I was kind of pissed off this morning. I don't hold any grudges against anyone on "the list", and I hope the feeling is mutual.

I've never made a "list" before. I am kinda proud! ;)

Heath
07-12-2005, 10:23 AM
I've never made a "list" before. I am kinda proud! ;)

Maybe we could do a Summer Sanders "The Sports List" spoof with the Top 5 posters on RedsZone.......

(BTW - I do not condone watching that show. Only unless you want to see a half-naked Summer Sanders. Having Bernie Mac discuss Mike Tyson is like your car mechanic giving you financial planning advice - I think it was worse than I, Max.)

WVRed
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
http://www.genesbmx.com/trolls.jpg

TeamCasey
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Based on recent conversations, I no longer think this he is a ghost of trolls past. My only issue was his signature. I'm willing to overlook everything including the snotty private message, and give him a second chance. I'd hope that he'd ditch the sig and start fresh too.

Boss-Hog
07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I've changed the signature and sent him a message about it.

07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks, Boss.

REDREAD
07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
never mind.. again.

Sabo17
07-12-2005, 11:24 AM
I've changed the signature and sent him a message about it.

See I thought Mods had that power hahaha..

Danny Serafini
07-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe we could do a Summer Sanders "The Sports List" spoof with the Top 5 posters on RedsZone.......

(BTW - I do not condone watching that show. Only unless you want to see a half-naked Summer Sanders. Having Bernie Mac discuss Mike Tyson is like your car mechanic giving you financial planning advice - I think it was worse than I, Max.)

Yeah, I never understood the concept of having the guy from Kid 'n Play talk about Brooks Robinson. :confused: I, Max had to be worse though. I think anything Max Kellerman touches is just awful.

KronoRed
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
I neged him for putting the list up in the first place.

Oh well..lets move on.

OnBaseMachine
07-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I neged him for putting the list up in the first place.

Same here. That and he called me names in a PM.

Caveat Emperor
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I never understood the concept of having the guy from Kid 'n Play talk about Brooks Robinson. :confused: I, Max had to be worse though. I think anything Max Kellerman touches is just awful.

Awww come on...Max is always a great kinda guy to have around....

...THE HORN! :D

paintmered
07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I changed his sig last night. Did he repost it today?

OnBaseMachine
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
I changed his sig last night. Did he repost it today?

I'm pretty sure it was still on around 3:30 this morning. Now it says "*** Signature deleted by administrator ***."

Reds Fanatic
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I changed his sig last night. Did he repost it today? I read his signature this morning around 8 AM so at some point it looks like it was reposted.