PDA

View Full Version : Iggy Pop on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross

pedro
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
If you're a fan you might want to check this out. Really good interview. Iggy is a cool guy.

Listen Here (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4754027)

The work of the artist formerly known as James Jewell Osterburg Jr. is collected in a new CD, A Million in Prizes: The Iggy Pop Anthology. Iggy Pop's career began in the late 1960s as frontman for The Stooges. A solo career produced more pioneering music even as Pop overcame a heroin addiction.

http://www.npr.org/music/images/2005/iggypop75.jpg

Mutaman
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks Pedro. A very significant musician who slipped under my radar. I'm just starting to listen to this guy- Have been listening to Raw Power and Lust for Life. Both sound great.

pedro
07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks Pedro. A very significant musician who slipped under my radar. I'm just starting to listen to this guy- Have been listening to Raw Power and Lust for Life. Both sound great.

Raw Power rocks. :)

RedFanAlways1966
07-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I cannot say that I know much about Iggy Pop's music. I've read tale about some of the crazy things he used to do on stage though!

He looks possessed in that picture. One mean and tough lookin' SOB... to say the least!

Falls City Beer
07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I love Iggy, but the dude can't keep his shirt on. I don't get it. I mean, if it's the pants I understand, but shirts are cheap.

pedro
07-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I love Iggy, but the dude can't keep his shirt on. I don't get it. I mean, if it's the pants I understand, but shirts are cheap.

In the interview he said it's because no matter what type of shirt you wear, it says something about you.

Terry Gross asked him if not wearing a shirt said even more. :laugh: :laugh:

pedro
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM

He really came off as a nice and intelligent man in the interview.

He also said that of the Stooges (his first band) he was the conservative one.

Falls City Beer
07-14-2005, 10:06 PM
He really came off as a nice and intelligent man in the interview.

He also said that of the Stooges (his first band) he was the conservative one.

As an undergraduate, I was in a band called El Camino; we covered "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

We *emptied* the frat house we were playing in.

pedro
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
As an undergraduate, I was in a band called El Camino; we covered "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

We *emptied* the frat house we were playing in.

nice work.