PDA

View Full Version : Dave Matthews Band in Cincinnati 7/21

kbrake
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I know this was touched on in an earlier thread, but just curious to see if there are still some Redszoners going to the concert on Thursday? Also curious if anyone is making a full day of it and hitting up the Reds/Cubs game at 12:35? Should be a fun day.

Caseyfan21
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I'll be at the concert.

Won't make it to the Reds game as I have an hour drive and can only afford to get off work at 11:30. I'll probably end up going down early and chilling before OAR. I definately can't afford to take off more work because I'm also heading up to Alpine this weekend for both of the DMB shows.

kbrake
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Thats cool, I took off the whole day but I think I would rather work until 11:30 then get to go to Alpine. Have fun there.

halcyon
07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Me and some friends will be there. We'll be "making a day of it" and seein the game as well. I have a four and a half hour drive however, so we'll be gettin' up early. We already saw DMB in DC earlier this year and it was a good show. We're looking forward to the trip.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't have Riverbend tickets but I am also making the trek to Alpine. It's one of the three classic venues to see DMB in (Alpine, Gorge and Red Rocks). I can't wait - especially considering the rare songs that they have been playing in recent weeks. #34, Say Goodbye, What You Are, and You Never Know was played for the first time in a few years in West Palm Beach on Saturday night.

And if anyone has an extra Riverbend ticket let me know :thumbup:

Caseyfan21
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm starting to wish we had some east coast tour dates at the end of the tour. DMB seems to be pulling more and more older songs out to compliment the Stand Up songs. I'm thinking the second leg of the tour starting in August will be on fire. I just hope all these rumors about a short winter tour starting around Thanksgiving are true. They will have to hit somewhere close to Ohio and hopefully it will fall over winter break. :beerme:

And Reds/Flyers Fan, I may have two extra pavillions. Big maybe, but it's possible. I'll try to post if I do but I already promised my friend first choice on them if I do end up having extras.

halcyon
07-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Also, Reds/Flyers Fan, there is a slight chance that I'll have ONE extra pavilion to sell. If u're interested I'll know for sure whether or not that is the case probably be tomorrow.

Cedric
07-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Great avatar, too bad you like Dave though.

Dom Heffner
07-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Saw him in Tampa last week....the first half of the show was great, but then he let his band play extended solos for the pot heads. I didn't mind the second hand smoke, but enough with guitar and drum and viola solos that go on and on :)

He wouldn't come out for the encore for like 15 minutes and that upset some people.

The first half was so awesome, though.

halcyon
07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I got to watch Ben open up for DMB during the "Vote for Change" tour last year. "Twas a great show.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Still got an extra ticket? I'm going with my girlfriend to Alpine but would love to hit them up tomorrow at Riverbend.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Saw him in Tampa last week....the first half of the show was great, but then he let his band play extended solos for the pot heads. I didn't mind the second hand smoke, but enough with guitar and drum and viola solos that go on and on :)

They can jam all night as far as I'm concerned. That's what makes this band great -- they couldn't care less if their songs are radio-friendly at 3:30 or less. And while most live songs can be jammed out, even some of the studio songs are great like that -- Lie In Our Graves, Bartender, #41 --> Say Goodbye

kbrake
07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I cant wait for tomorrow night it will be my girlfriends first show and if it is even close to the second night in Columbus I will be extremely happen. I smoke no weed and love the long jams, keeps the songs intresting. Halcyon was that the show in at Wright State, if so I was at that and Ben was real good. Actually that whole show was pretty good. Well hope everyone has fun tomorrow night.

halcyon
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Kbrake -- yeah, that was the show at Wright State. Very enjoyable, altho a beast of a drive for me and my friends. Coincidentally, tomorrow nite will be my girlfriend's first show as well.

Reds/Flyers Fan -- unfortunately, my group won't have the extra ticket after all. A member of the group unexpectedly was able to go at the last minute (literally called 3 mins ago). Sorry man.

kbrake
07-20-2005, 06:44 PM
So where is everyones seats for tomorrow night? I got somewhere in section 700, hopefully I will be able to see the whole stage. Reds/Flyers Fan if you want some tickets let me know, I cant promise you anything but I got a scalper trying to find me some. Same guy that I usually get my Reds tickets from. You will have to pay a little more but just let me know and I can send you his number.

Caseyfan21
07-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey all,

I couldn't get any extra tickets, tried all day and talked to a few people but nothing was really available. I'm also in 700, row WW I think without double checking. Interesting note I read tonight online tonight. Appearently Warren Haynes band, the Allman brothers are playing in Cincy tonight and they don't have a show tomorrow. We can dream for a little Jimi Thing and Cortez the killer right? I doubt it will happen but hey, Trey guested in Atlanta so anything is possible. So far watching tonight's set, there is nothing spectacular. Having already been to Columbus Night 1, Pittsburgh Night 1, and Charlotte, I really just want to hear You Never Know, #34 and some of my older favorites like #41, Say Goodbye, Lie In Our Graves, and Ants (never gets old). I'll take just a solid show since I'm traveling up to Alpine for both shows this weekend though.

Edit: Also forgot to add, I'd be willing to do a B & P for anyone on this site that is interested after the concert. I will try and find this thread next Tuesday or Wednesday when I get back and open the offer up. If you don't know what a B & P is, it stands for blanks and postage. You pay for the postage both ways and send me 2 cd's and I'll burn the Cincy show for you. Like I said, don't sign up yet, as soon as I get the show I'll add a post on here and set it all up.

halcyon
07-21-2005, 03:09 AM
I'm in section 700, row MM. Im also posting this darn message at 3 a.m. Have to be up by 6 to head towards Cincy. Its going to be a long day if I can't get to sleep soon :eek:

kbrake
07-21-2005, 06:53 AM
I'm in 700 row FF maybe I will holler out a Redszone and see who looks. Hope everyone has fun.

Cyclone792
07-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Ladies and Gents ... a buddy of mine has two available tickets for tonight's show since he won't be able to go and is trying to find somebody willing to purchase them from him. He said face value for the pair is $120, but he's willing to negotiate a lower price just to get something. Unfortunately, I have no idea where they are ... I'm just sort of acting as a messenger for him.

If interested, just post here.

kbrake
07-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Hope you all have fun at Alpine this weekend. Was really not that impressed with the setlist last night. Columbus night 2 was by far better but oh well. You Never Know really made the night for me and Carter and Boyd really stole the show.