PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Braves Series? Me.

RBA
07-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I should be there on Wednesday and Thursday Night (Aug 3 and 4). I haven't booked my hotel yet. I'll keep you guys updated when I know more.

Thanks

RBA
07-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Update, two days ago, I tried Priceline for Hotel. I was lowballing them. ;) Now I have to wait until tomorrow evening for a rebid. I'll keep ya posted.

Heath
07-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Judging by my searches - Everyone's gonna get a bobblehead on Wed.....

RBA
07-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Judging by my searches - Everyone's gonna get a bobblehead on Wed.....

Is Wednesday sold out? I haven't bought my tickets. I been waiting to meet up with some Redzoners because I don't want to sit by myself.

Chip R
07-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Is Wednesday sold out? I haven't bought my tickets. I been waiting to meet up with some Redzoners because I don't want to sit by myself.I doubt it. I'm going on Wed. so if you want to hook up before the game, let me know.

RBA
07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I doubt it. I'm going on Wed. so if you want to hook up before the game, let me know.

That would be great Chip. Thanks for the invite.

Heath
07-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Right Now - I can get 2 view level seats in Sec 521 row P .... if they come back off a pretty decent road trip - combined with a win on Tuesday evening against the Bravos & the bobblehead - they might get 30,000+

RBA
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Okay, I have booked Accomodations at the Newport Travelodge 2 star Hotel. Their website says that they guarentee they have the best rate or first night is free.
So I found that Priceline.com (The reservation side, not the biidding part) had a cheaper rate by 3 dollars.

Travelodge sent me email just now and said my first night will be free. I'm getting 2 nights for 59.95 plus tax.
Now I can still cancel my reservation and try to bid again at Priceline. Does anyone think I can do better that that?

Anybody familiar with this travelodge? It looks like it's in walking distance to the ballpark? And it also has free parking.

Thanks

Redsfaithful
07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I know what it looks like, but I've never stayed there. It's a pretty typical Travelodge, which means there may be prostitutes and drug dealers hanging around, but it's cheap and reasonably clean.

I'm not kidding about the prostitutes and drug dealers, at least not at the Travelodges in Columbus.

KronoRed
07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
I had an uncle stay at the travellodge, he did meet one prosititute..but! that was before the Levee was right next door so they probably found a new place to hang out ;)

Good place to get to and from the stadium quickly :)

KittyDuran
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM
I'll be at Wednesday night's game too... Section 142, Row G, Seat 18 [bought the ticket in February]. Will be going to a Dragons game on Thursday.

07-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I've stayed there- it isn't too far a walk- it is right by the bridge that leads to the arena. You can almost always get downtown hotels that are nicer for about 35 bucks a night, but you have to pay to park. The lot next to the 4 Points is 15 bucks for 24 hours. Check out this, if you haven't already. http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm251

RBA
07-29-2005, 11:57 PM
I've stayed there- it isn't too far a walk- it is right by the bridge that leads to the arena. You can almost always get downtown hotels that are nicer for about 35 bucks a night, but you have to pay to park. The lot next to the 4 Points is 15 bucks for 24 hours. Check out this, if you haven't already. http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm251

Yup, I have visited that forum. And I tried priceline, but I have not been able to get a 3 star yet, and my bid was already up to 50 bucks without an acceptance. I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to rebid. For some reason the hotels are being booked up. Maybe they are expecting a bunch of Braves fans?

NastyBoys1990
07-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm going thursday with my fellow Navy recurits

and hopefully I'm off so that i can go Wed, and get my Tony Perez BobbleHead

RBA
07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Chip, if you haven't bought your tickets yet, can you get me one too? I'll reimburse you. Doesn't matter where I sit. The 60 dollar seats near Kitty is a little steep for me, but if you want to buy tickets that area, I have no objections.

Chip R
07-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Chip, if you haven't bought your tickets yet, can you get me one too? I'll reimburse you. Doesn't matter where I sit. The 60 dollar seats near Kitty is a little steep for me, but if you want to buy tickets that area, I have no objections.OK. I'll take care of it.

07-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Hotwire shows 2 places in the downtown/riverfront area- a 2 star for mid 40's and a 2 and a half for 63. I've done hotwire back when they split those 2 areas up, but they are a bit more than priceline. Sometimes you can search for rooms in a package with airlines, and it tells you the hotel, and you can compare it to the available hotel only options, but it is kinda risky.

RBA
07-30-2005, 01:31 AM
My research shows the 2 Star is the Terrace Hotel and the 3 Star is the Ramanda.

07-30-2005, 01:44 AM
I liked it when they split the riverfront and downtown area up. Now they are together, and I have never been able to get the KY side with hotwire, and I prefer it. Is the Ramada a former Holiday Inn? Istayed at the one on the north end of downtown off I-75 once, and didn't like the location at all. The Travelodge you have is real near a Hooters- enjoy the wings! You used to be able to see it from Cinergy-it is white. I think there is a White Castle there next door, too.

Heath
07-30-2005, 09:46 AM
That TraveLodge has been there for YEARS. I have a 1971 Reds program that has an ad for the TraveLodge in Newport.

I don't know if it's still around - there used to be a Red Roof or a Days Inn near the Interstate in KY - I think its Exit 187 - it's a 5 min drive into the GABP. Clean & Cheap!

RBA
07-30-2005, 09:28 PM
typical Travelodge, which means there may be prostitutes.... hanging around

Cool, maybe I'll run into Chipper Jones ;) Plus it's next to the Hooters. ;)

KittyDuran
07-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Chip, if you haven't bought your tickets yet, can you get me one too? I'll reimburse you. Doesn't matter where I sit. The 60 dollar seats near Kitty is a little steep for me, but if you want to buy tickets that area, I have no objections.$60??? Only if you want right by the dugout. I'm in the Moon Deck at $19.

RBA
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
$60??? Only if you want right by the dugout. I'm in the Moon Deck at $19.

Section 142, Row G, Seat 18

Oops, I thought I looked it up and it was near the field. I'll check again.

RBA
07-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh, I see what I did wrong I misread 142 as 124. I seem to be doing stuff like that a lot.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
We booked the Travel Lodge for a recent bachelor party.

It's kind of a dump but if all you need is a place to sleep for a few hours, it will do.

By the way, even if you are not staying there, you can park in the lot on game days for $3. Not too bad of a walk to the ballpark.

A great thing about the area there (Newport) is all the restaurants and bars. I would reccommend you stop by the Hofbraeuhaus. Good beer, good atmosphere, and only a couple blocks East of the Travel Lodge.

And you can hit White Castle's on the way back to your room.

creek14
08-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I think I might go to the Wed game.

RBA
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Okay Creek, hopefully we will see you there.

According to Chip, our seats are in the same section as Kitty in the Moon Deck. Hopefully I will get a chance and catch an Adam Dunn homer. Creek, you can ask your boyfriend to sign it for me. ;)

RBA
08-02-2005, 04:31 PM
GAC, if you can make it down, I'll buy you a beer. And if you want to go to the Thursday game, I'll buy your ticket. (Up to $20) ;)

KittyDuran
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I just put my bid in for the company's tickets for Thursday night. I'll let you know if I was successful tomorrow. :)

GAC
08-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the invite Rob. I wish i could go, but I'm swamped at work and at home. I've worked the last 3 weeks without a day off. And this week I have JVS orientation for my older boy Aaron, who starts school on the 18th.

Hope you all have a grand time. Pick me up a Perez Bobblehead. ;)

I do want to come down one more time though. I'm looking at Friday, September 9th versus the Pirates.

Anyone else interested?

KittyDuran
08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I just put my bid in for the company's tickets for Thursday night. I'll let you know if I was successful tomorrow. :)Responding to my own post.... but I got 'em!

Chip, did you get tickets for you and RBA for Thursday's game? If not, you can sit with me! :beerme:

08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Wow, GAC- you chose to work all those days, or do they make you? If they make you, do you mind? One of the things unions fight is mandatory overtime. Oh well, not the place for that argument.

Where you all sitting Thursday night? I think I am going to be there- I might break free and come introduce myself.

Does that sound like a threat? :)

KittyDuran
08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow, GAC- you chose to work all those days, or do they make you? If they make you, do you mind? One of the things unions fight is mandatory overtime. Oh well, not the place for that argument.

Where you all sitting Thursday night? I think I am going to be there- I might break free and come introduce myself.

Does that sound like a threat? :)Well, Chip can't make it [has to work]. So it looks like it going to be just me and RBA [IF he wants to sit near me ;) ]... Anybody else want to go? You get a free parking pass under the Freedom Center!

My tickets are in Section 132 Row EE, Seats 1, 2, 3, 4.

08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I might just slide on over and say HI.

RBA
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I had a great time last night and I will be going again tonight with Kitty. She has two more tickets to give out. If you want to go, you better and try and respond to her. If you SNOOZE, you lose.