PDA

View Full Version : Question for you West Virginians out there

WVRed
07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I just moved to this area two years ago this month, and I am looking at enrolling at a local community college here in town.

I guess the question is, what do the two colleges here in state(WVU and Marshall) offer in regard to their degrees? What programs are of national recognition and can land a good job potentially out of state?

I havent fully committed to a major yet, so I am looking right now at getting my associates degree here at WVU-P. Of the two colleges, I would say I am leaning closer to Marshall right now since I have family in that area, but I would consider anything if it were the right opportunity.

Thanks in advance.:)

RedsBaron
07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I graduated from Marshall in '76, but that's too long ago to tell anyone much about the university. I know that WVU offers more majors, and more post-graduate courses than MU, but how the two schools otherwise compare, or whether they have any programs truly of national recognition, I can't say.

macro
07-28-2005, 10:51 PM
When I saw that thread title, the first thing that popped into my mind was:

Question for you West Virginians out there: Do you really stay drunk all the time, like that Reds pitcher said one time.

:lol:

Seriously though, WV, I thought you were going to a school in Florida.

WVRed
07-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Seriously though, WV, I thought you were going to a school in Florida.

I was at one time, but I decided to stay in-state and get a degree closer to home.

macro
07-29-2005, 10:15 AM
By the way, just a reminder that the "drunk" joke was coming from me as a Kentuckian. I forget how it went, whether it was decided that all Kentucky and West Va fans at Reds game are drunks, or all the drunks were from Kentucky and West Va. Either way, Daniel is gone, so I guess I should start the forgive-and-forget process. :laugh:

creek14
07-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm not from WV, but familly tree has some pretty deep roots there.

And

My brother in law is getting his PhD at Marshall. He looked at a lot of other schools from FL to IN and decided that was the best one (at least for him). So that's the only endorsement I can offer.