PDA

View Full Version : What did Bill Cunningham do?

redsrule2500
07-29-2005, 12:34 AM
What did he do to have to take that class?

Bill is my hero.

redsrule2500
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Im kidding he's not my hero, but I just enjoy his radio program.

So what did he do, anybody know?

Chip R
07-29-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but it sounds like one of those "suspensions" he gets every year around this time. They are really vacations.

redsrule2500
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Ohh okay well he said he had a suspension and had to take a Multicultural Acceptance class, or something like that.

Not sure, he could have been joking.

GAC
07-30-2005, 08:27 AM
We have to take a multicultural diversity class every year. They're a joke, and everyone thinks so. According to the video/class presentation we attend, everyone is left with the impression, thanks to the situations presented, that white people are just down right evil and the only ones guilty of insensitivity. You have to walk on needles while in the workplace for fear you may offend someone and have them dragging to before administration.

KittyDuran
07-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Ohh okay well he said he had a suspension and had to take a Multicultural Acceptance class, or something like that.

Not sure, he could have been joking.He was joking - it's what Chip said - ole' Willie needs a vacation so he or the PR department of WLW/Clear Channel cook up some hot button topic that he can "take one" for the common man... :rolleyes:

Caveat Emperor
07-30-2005, 01:41 PM
He was joking - it's what Chip said - ole' Willie needs a vacation so he or the PR department of WLW/Clear Channel cook up some hot button topic that he can "take one" for the common man... :rolleyes:

That's honestly what makes Willie the best radio man I've ever listened to. I mean, how can you not love a man that:

* Claimed to have the ability to place curses on people due to his Indian blood, and took responsibility for causing the Dayton Flyers to lose 10 games in a row.
* Came back from an Egyptian vacation and claimed on the radio that he believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ra, god of the sun, and then proceeded to bless the Cincinnati Gardens ice rink with water from the Nile to try and bring the Cyclones out of a losing streak.
* Had Seg-man travel with a producer and a couple interns to Cleveland for the "Million Fan March" when the Browns left town.
* Called up city hall and played the "Charlie Luken: Real Tristate Heroes" commercial to him while he was on the air.
* Devoted an entire afternoon to faking a promotion that entailed rounding up homeless people onto a school bus, providing them with Newport Cigarettes, Lottery Tickets, and 40s, and driving them to the suburbs.

Willie rocks. Bottom line. :evil:

creek14
07-30-2005, 02:09 PM
That's honestly what makes Willie the best radio man I've ever listened to. I mean, how can you not love a man that:

* Claimed to have the ability to place curses on people due to his Indian blood, and took responsibility for causing the Dayton Flyers to lose 10 games in a row.
* Came back from an Egyptian vacation and claimed on the radio that he believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ra, god of the sun, and then proceeded to bless the Cincinnati Gardens ice rink with water from the Nile to try and bring the Cyclones out of a losing streak.
* Had Seg-man travel with a producer and a couple interns to Cleveland for the "Million Fan March" when the Browns left town.
* Called up city hall and played the "Charlie Luken: Real Tristate Heroes" commercial to him while he was on the air.
* Devoted an entire afternoon to faking a promotion that entailed rounding up homeless people onto a school bus, providing them with Newport Cigarettes, Lottery Tickets, and 40s, and driving them to the suburbs.

Willie rocks. Bottom line. :evil:
Ummmm, cause if I want to kill brain cells, I'll drink. :beerme: :devil:

alex trevino
07-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I listened to Bill Cuningham when I first moved in here the late 1980's. His act got old real fast. Infact the whole radio station is caricture of itself. I know alot of people like it, so to each his own.

Heath
07-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Ol' Willie never missed a trick -

The Fun Ladies?

Drinking on the air with a Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy - for the purposes of showing people of the blood alcohol limit.

All the above - together??

He's not a 12-3 type guy - he's a 9-12 type guy.

Ravenlord
07-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Willie can be hillarious when he wants to. when he's being silly i'll listen. otherwise, i may tune into the Stooge Report during my break and then back to WTUE or the X.

Matt700wlw
07-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I have no comment...

westofyou
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
We have to take a multicultural diversity class every year. They're a joke, and everyone thinks so.

That's too bad.

savafan
07-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Ol' Willie never missed a trick -

The Fun Ladies?

Drinking on the air with a Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy - for the purposes of showing people of the blood alcohol limit.

All the above - together??

He's not a 12-3 type guy - he's a 9-12 type guy.

I think that was my favorite Cunningham show ever. And I agree, I think Bill was better between 9 and midnight.

ochre
07-31-2005, 02:05 PM
I listened to Bill Cuningham when I first moved in here the late 1980's. His act got old real fast. Infact the whole radio station is caricture of itself. I know alot of people like it, so to each his own.
I think it went downhill after Clearchannel bought out J-Cor (or whatever it was). I noticed all the "personalities" seemed to have become extreme versions of what they were before. Except Burbank. He seems the same as always.

savafan
07-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Except Burbank. He seems the same as always.

Except for the fact that he seems to be on vacation every other week.

GAC
07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
That's too bad.

I don't need a cultural diversity class to teach me to respect the individual. My parents did a very good job of that. You want to be "PC correct", then more power to you. ;)

The classes were overtly slanted against the evil Caucasian male. Would have no problem with the classes if their presentation was a little more balanced and realistic.

ochre
07-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Except for the fact that he seems to be on vacation every other week.
Like I said "he seems the same as always" :)