PDA

View Full Version : Over There: new show on FX

savafan
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Has anyone watched this? I saw it for the first time last night. It's a show that takes place during the current Iraq war and is done by Steven Bochco. The show was pretty intense, and doesn't glamorize anything. It also didn't really have a political edge to it, at least not last night, but appeared to be a pretty realistic representation of war.

LvJ
08-04-2005, 02:15 PM
All my Military buddies laugh at how inaccurate and cheesey it is. So, nah - I don't watch.

CTA513
08-04-2005, 02:19 PM
All my Military buddies laugh at how inaccurate and cheesey it is. So, nah - I don't watch.

If its on TV its real. ;)

jmcclain19
08-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I Tivo'd the first episode with the intention of watching it, because of the pub I've heard about it.

But before I got the chance to watch it, a good friend of mine, who served in Iraq all of last year, gave me a call about something else and we started talking about it, and told me he watched a few minutes of it and turned it off because, to him, it wasn't even close to realistic. He told me there was one scene where a guy, after a bombing attack, takes his helmet off in the moment of battle, which is a huge, huge no no that guys never do. Also told me that guys acting chaotic and panic stricken during the heart of battle just doesn't happen. They train the hell out of guys and he'd never seen that sort of panic out of in the field soldiers, according to him anyway.

Anyway, his opinion matters to me, so, yeah, I won't be watching it.

KYRedsFan
08-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I thought is was pretty well done.