PDA

View Full Version : Just joined Netflix.

Tommyjohn25
08-08-2005, 12:51 AM
I just joined netflix, kind of an impulse thing since they have a 2 week free trial right now. Just wondering if anyone else here has it and if they like it or not. Thanks in advance for any info!

Hap
08-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Click Here (http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=netflix)

SirFelixCat
08-08-2005, 06:28 AM
We have had it for over 2 years and love it. We are TERRIBLE at returning movies on time so that was a huge thing. I have never had to wait more than 2-3 days to receive any movie and had 3 movies lost on returning them, only to have them show up at netflix weeks later. Absolutely no problems with them whatsoever. Very good and convienient deal, imo.

cumberlandreds
08-08-2005, 07:42 AM
We have it. It's worked out great. Only have to wait a couple of days most times for a new DVD. We had one come to us cracked and unplayable. I sent them an e-mail and dropped it back in the mail. No hassle at all, had a replacement in just a day or two. I would highly recommend. They have lotsa TV's shows too. I currently have the 1st season of Hogan's Heroes.

LvJ
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Netflix is the best. Great selection.

Unassisted
08-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Works great for me. I hate driving to the store to return videos and I have paid more in library fines for late DVDs than I pay for a month of Netflix.

Now I want an equivalent service for books on CD.

Sweetstop
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
We live in central KY and get ours in one day. There's a distribution center in Louisville. Since you're around Dayton you should get yours in one day also. Netflix is a dream come true if you're a movie lover.

Tommyjohn25
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone, I hope it works out as well for me as it did all of you. :thumbup:

RFS62
08-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow, you guys have convinced me too.

Johnny Vander m
08-08-2005, 07:07 PM
I joined it a while back but always had trouble with those round things going into my VCR tape player, had to shove them in real hard. Wouldn't play good on my 8-track tape player either.

oneupper
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I was going to go for Netflix, but Blockbuster had the same deal for $2/month less ($15).

It's been great, and they give me two monthly free in-store rentals also.

MWM
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I use Blockbuster. I get 3 movies at a time and pay less than Netflix. I return the movies one day, they receive them the next, send out the new ones that same day, and I receive them the following day. So I usually put the DVDs in the mail Monday morning and have the new ones Wednesday.

LvJ
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Blockbuster is good too, but Netflix is better for the movie geek. It has the larger selection of foreign and independt films, etc. Blockbuster is a good choice too tho.

captainmorgan07
08-08-2005, 09:38 PM
i have it and i like it real good selection of movies

Sweetstop
08-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I dislike the regular Blockbuster (the evil empire of video stores) so much that I would never use their mail service, which they started (plus dropped store late fees) because of Netflix. I'll gladly pay the $2 extra. I rent loads of foreign and classic films, and the Netflix selection is neverending.

08-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I read several years ago Bloclbuster edited certain content out of movies they had. I didn't follow up to verify, but with plenty of other rental stores in the area, I haven't been in a Blockbuster since. Anyone else remember this?

Unassisted
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I've heard that Blockbuster has its distribution centers located in different cities than Netflix. The speed of the turnaround is highly dependent on your city's proximity to a distribution center.

Personally, Blockbuster's fees and policies have created so much ill will with me over the years that I am happier not giving them money for the same service than I would be saving a buck or two over Netflix.

Sweetstop
08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I read several years ago Bloclbuster edited certain content out of movies they had. I didn't follow up to verify, but with plenty of other rental stores in the area, I haven't been in a Blockbuster since. Anyone else remember this?

Yes, I do, which is one of the reasons I won't go in one either. Ex: Requiem For A Dream, a hard movie about drug addiction, which Ellen Burstyn should have won an Oscar for (instead of Julia Roberts). I got into it a bit w/ the Blockbuster manager over the fact that they carried only an edited (R-rated) version. It was originally unrated. I can't verify if Blockbuster had edited it, but, at the very least, they weren't letting customers make their own decisions. Her only argument was, 'it's just policy.'

They didn't change their expensive business model (inflexible late fees, limited selection) until Netflix (which was started by a man trying to get away from Blockbuster late fees) came up with a better, common sense model. Now Blockbuster tries to undercut Netflix with their own mail service. Thanks, but no thanks.