PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood superhero terminates Christian protesters

WVRed
08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Planned Parenthood superhero terminates Christian protesters

Character also drowns promoter of abstinence in animated video pushing 'safe is sexy' message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 8, 2005
4:08 p.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom

An online animated video sponsored by Planned Parenthood's San Francisco-area branch features a superhero character drowning an abstinence promoter in a trash can and blasting into oblivion several pro-life picketers protesting in front of one of the organization's facilities.

Video here: http://www.ppgg.org/redirect.asp?ur.../PPGG/PPGG2.mp4

The eight-minute "A Superhero for Choice," posted on the Planned Parenthood Golden Gate website, has a bespectacled black woman in San Francisco morphing into a red-suited flying enforcer, bent on making the world safe for the organization's values.

Viewers see three teenagers talking with an ugly green-faced man sporting a top hat and bow tie who tries to tell the kids abstinence is the only sure way to protect against sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy. The teen girl rebuts the man, naming several birth-control methods.

Retorts the little green man: "Those are instruments from the devil's toolbox!"

The superhero arrives in time to fill a trash can with water and dump the pro-abstinence character into it, slamming the cover down. After the man's muffled voice eventually dies off, the superhero tosses the teens a "safe sex kit," reminding the kids: "Safe is sexy!"

The "Superhero for Choice," dubbed Dianisis, next confronts a group of protesters in front of a Planned Parenthood facility. They, too, are ugly and have green faces, carrying signs that say, "Pray for thy sins."

The superhero character uses a "condom gun" that catches each protester in a prophylactic bubble, which subsequently explodes. Though she admits the protesters have a First Amendment right to picket, she glories in the fact that people can now visit the Planned Parenthood facility unimpeded.

The flying superhero then travels to Washington, D.C., where she puts a giant condom on the Washington Monument and confronts a Southern senator who is stricken with "misinformed conservatism."

The woman's final stop is a village in Africa, where she talks to a doctor working to stem HIV/AIDS and to make sure "every child is a wanted child." The superhero remarks before leaving: "I have an appointment with the Rev. Jerry Falwell that schmuck."

Jim Sedlak, executive director of American Life League's STOPP International, decried the Planned Parenthood animated piece.

"With its latest marketing gimmick Planned Parenthood is glamorizing violence against people of faith," Sedlak said in a statement. "The hatred and religious bigotry demonstrated by Planned Parenthood in this video are shocking and offensive."

Sedlak says the video could encourage people to act out the violence shown.

"In this post-9/11 era of terrorism, Planned Parenthood has recklessly crossed the line by promoting violence against people who do not share the organization's radical beliefs," said Sedlak. "Planned Parenthood's actions are reprehensible, because there is no guarantee that someone viewing this video might not act on its suggestions and instigate violence against people of faith."

Commented blogger Dawn Eden: "Now, I ask you, if the American Life League's website featured a cartoon depicting an ALL superhero blowing up nonviolent Planned Parenthood activists, would Planned Parenthood just shrug it off?

"I think we all know what would happen. There would be an uproar."

"This video is absolutely outrageous," said Douglas R. Scott, president of Life Decisions International, in a statement. "Pro-life men and women are depicted as evil and stupid. It sends a message to teenagers that it is acceptable to eliminate those who disagree. It is also riddled with misinformation about birth control, abortion, and sexual activity."

American Life League wants heads to roll over the video.

Said Sedlak: "American Life League demands that Planned Parenthood publicly reveal the names of all persons involved in the development and posting of this outrageous material and immediately dismiss all individuals involved from their positions as employees or volunteers. We also demand that Planned Parenthood issue a public apology without delay to pro-life Christians everywhere for inciting violence against them."

While Planned Parenthood refers countless women for abortions across the nation, the word "abortion" is not mentioned in the film.

Planned Parenthood Golden Gate is a consortium of eight clinics in the San Francisco Bay Area. Repeated calls to the organization's administrative offices were not returned by press time.

TC81190
08-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh. My. God. :doh:

American Life League wants heads to roll over the video.

So do I.

RBA
08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
So the group that calls doctors, medical staff, counselors, and women murderers wants an apology?

traderumor
08-09-2005, 08:52 PM
So the group that calls doctors, medical staff, counselors, and women murderers wants an apology?That would be correct.

Redsfaithful
08-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Why didn't you want to post the source? Afraid people wouldn't take it as seriously since it's from WorldNetDaily?

Viewers see three teenagers talking with an ugly green-faced man sporting a top hat and bow tie who tries to tell the kids abstinence is the only sure way to protect against sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy. The teen girl rebuts the man, naming several birth-control methods.

Retorts the little green man: "Those are instruments from the devil's toolbox!"

Sounds about right to me.

WVRed
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Why didn't you want to post the source? Afraid people wouldn't take it as seriously since it's from WorldNetDaily?

Sounds about right to me.

The reason I didnt post the source was because I found it on another message board that didnt have the link.

CrackerJack
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
"In this post-9/11 era of terrorism, Planned Parenthood has recklessly crossed the line by promoting violence against people who do not share the organization's radical beliefs," said Sedlak. "Planned Parenthood's actions are reprehensible, because there is no guarantee that someone viewing this video might not act on its suggestions and instigate violence against people of faith."

The "post 9/11" era of terrorism eh? How in the world does that have ANYTHING to do with a superhero cartoon condom man figure?

Let us be reminded that the only "terrorists" I see related to this issue are right wingers like Jewell and the man who shot Abortion doctors via his web site "hit list."

Talk about an "extremist" mentality - this person's opinion above is hardly worth taking seriously with such an ignorant parallel.

KittyDuran
08-09-2005, 11:09 PM
The video link is not working [or PP took it down]. I went over to Drudge but found nothing yet - I would think he'd be all over it. :rolleyes:

traderumor
08-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Let us be reminded that the only "terrorists" I see related to this issue are right wingers like Jewell and the man who shot Abortion doctors via his web site "hit list."

If this was a Christian site with similar offensive "cartoons" directed at homosexuals, it would likely be labeled a "hate crime" by the same folk posting here who do not like Christians and are turning it around to "well, they deserve it."

WVRed
08-09-2005, 11:34 PM
If this was a Christian site with similar offensive "cartoons" directed at homosexuals, it would likely be labeled a "hate crime" by the same folk posting here who do not like Christians and are turning it around to "well, they deserve it."

Yep. Its a nice little double standard.

RBA
08-09-2005, 11:41 PM

Who doesn't like Christians? I thought they were targeting Anti-Choice groups. You know the ones that stand on the street corners with their unclothed baby dolls dipped in red paint shouting murderer. What is Christian about that?

Dom Heffner
08-10-2005, 12:01 AM
While I don't particularly like Planned Parenthood's way of doing things, I always think it is rather odd that Christians get up in arms over the way they are depicted or when someone verbally attacks them.

Here's how they depict those who don't believe in their way: In their promotional book- The Bible- nonbelievers are sent to a fiery hell where worms eat at their flesh in a lake of fire for eternity.

It's in every single copy, distributed throughout hotel rooms and pretty much available everywhere. I personally find the Christian view of hell offensive, and far more so than a comic book hero drowning someone in a trash can.

It seems a far better fate than an all loving god- being so self obsesseed that he can forgive any sin in the world other than a belief in himself- sending people who did not even choose to be here into a fiery hell.

TC81190
08-10-2005, 12:03 AM
While I don't particularly like Planned Parenthood's way of doing things, I always think it is rather odd that Christians get up in arms over the way they are depicted or when someone verbally attacks them.

In their promotional book- The Bible- nonbelievers are sent to a fiery hell where worms eat at their flesh in a lake of fire for eternity. It's in every single copy, distributed throughout hotel rooms and pretty much available everywhere. I personally find the Christian view of hell offensive, and far much less so than a comic book hero drowning someone in a trash can. It seems a far better fate than an all-loving god being so self-obsesseed that he can forgive any sin in the world other than a belief in himself.

I feel bad for you...

Dom Heffner
08-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I feel bad for you...

Unfortunately, you really aren't in a position to offer me pity. Once they call it fact rather than faith, give me a call.

MWM
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
I feel bad for you...

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say to someone you don't even know. Seriously, that's one of the most insulting, belittling things I've read on here in a while. Maybe you should look in the mirror with your pity before you start dishing it out to strangers.

Reds Nd2
08-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Here's how they depict those who don't believe in their way: In their promotional book- The Bible- nonbelievers are sent to a fiery hell where worms eat at their flesh in a lake of fire for eternity.

Verse and chapter please, if you don't mind.

RBA
08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Here is a paper on what this writer thinks happens in Hell.
It has some pretty interesting stuff.
http://www.ldolphin.org/hell.html

I guess you can't lump all Christian together on the "Hell" issue as you can't lump them all as being "Pro-Life/Anti-Choice".

What's interesting is what happens to "liars" in hell.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." (Rev. 21:8)

So they will have a second death by being thrown in to a lake of fire and sulphur. Which would mean Hell is not a place where you suffer enternally.

registerthis
08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
From The Onion:

Tenth Circle Added To Rapidly Growing Hell

CITY OF DIS, NETHER HELL--After nearly four years of construction at an estimated cost of 750 million souls, Corpadverticus, the new 10th circle of Hell, finally opened its doors Monday.

The Blockbuster Video-sponsored circle, located in Nether Hell between the former eighth and ninth levels of Malebolge and Cocytus, is expected to greatly alleviate the overcrowding problems that have plagued the infernal underworld in recent years. The circle is the first added to Hell in its countless-millennia history.

"A nightmarishly large glut of condemned spirits in recent years necessitated the expansion of Hell," inferno spokesperson Antedeus said. "The traditional nine-tiered system had grown insufficient to accommodate the exponentially rising numbers of Hellbound."

Adding to the need for expansion, Antedeus said, was the fact that a majority of the new arrivals possessed souls far more evil than the original nine circles were equipped to handle. "Demographers, advertising executives, tobacco lobbyists, monopoly-law experts retained by major corporations, and creators of office-based sitcoms--these new arrivals represent a wave of spiritual decay and horror the likes of which Hell has never before seen," Antedeus said.

Despite the need for expansion, the plan faced considerable resistance, largely due to the considerable costs of insuring construction projects within the Kingdom Of Lies. Opposition also came from Hell purists concerned about the detrimental effect a tenth level would have on the intricate numerology of Hell's meticulously arranged allegorical structure. In 1994, however, funding was finally secured in a deal brokered between Blockbuster CEO Wayne Huizenga and Satan himself.

Prior to the construction of the tenth circle, many among the new wave of sinners had been placed in such circles as Hoarders and Squanderers, Sowers of Discord, Flatterers and Seducers, Violent Against Art, and Hypocrites. Hell authorities, however, say that the new level, the Circle of Total Bastards, located at the site of the former Well of Giants just above the Frozen Lake at Hell's center, better suits their insidious brand of evil.

Frigax The Vile, a leading demonic presence, is one of the most vocal supporters of the new circle.

"In the past, the underworld was ill-equipped to handle the new breed of sinners flooding our gates--downsizing CEOs, focus-group coordinators, telemarketing sales representatives, and vast hordes of pony-tailed entertainment-industry executives rollerblading and talking on miniaturized cell-phones at the same time. But now, we've finally got the sort of top-notch Pits of Doom necessary to give such repellent abominations the quality boilings they deserve."

Pausing to tear off the limbs of an Access Hollywood host, Frigax added, "We're all tremendously excited about the many brand-new forms of torture and eternal pain this new level's state-of-the-art facilities will make possible."

Among the tortures the Corpadverticus Circle of Total Bastards boasts: the Never-Ending Drive-Thru Bank, the Bottomless Pit of Promotional Tie-In Keychains, and the dreaded Chamber of Emotionally Manipulative Home Shopping Network Products.

The Circle also features a Hall of Aerobics, where condemned TV-exercise-show personalities, clad in skin-tight Spandex outfits soaked in flesh-dissolving acid, are forced to exercise for centuries on end, covered in vomit and prodded with the distended ribs of skeletal, anorexic demons, accompanied by an unending, ear-splittingly loud dance-remix version of the 1988 Rick Astley hit "Together Forever."

In a nearby area, corporate raiders are forced to carry the golf clubs of uneducated Hispanic migrant workers from hole to hole for eternity, withering under a constant barrage of verbal abuse from their former subservients as crows descend from trees to peck at their eyes. In one of the deepest and most profane portions of the circle, unspeakable acts are said to be committed with a mail-order Roly-Kit.

"In life, I was a Salomon Brothers investment banker," one flame-blackened shade told reporters. "When I arrived here, they didn't know what to do with me. They put me in with those condemned to walk backwards with their heads turned all the way around on their necks, for the crime of attempting to see the future. But then I sent a couple of fruit baskets to the right people, and in no time flat, I secured a cushy spot for myself in the first circle of the Virtuous Unbaptized. Now that was a sweet deal. But before long, they caught on to my game and transferred me here to the realm of Total Bastards. I've been shrieking for mercy like a damn woman ever since."

His face contorted in the Misery of the Damned, a Disney lawyer said: "It's hell here--there are no executive lounges, I can't get any decent risotto, and the suit I have to wear is a cheap Brooks Brothers knock-off. I'm beeped every 30 seconds, and there's no way to return the calls. Plus, I'm being boiled upside down in lard while jackals gnaw at the soles of my feet. If I could just reach the fax machine on that nearby rock, I could contact some well-placed associates and work something out, but it's just out of my grasp, and it's out of ink and constantly blinking the message, 'Replace Toner Cartridge, Replace Toner Cartridge, Replace Toner Cartridge.'"

He then resumed screaming in agony.

Grogar The Malefic, a Captain in Hell's elite Demon Corps and supervisor in charge of admissions for the new circle, said Hell's future looks bright, thanks to the new circle.

"Things are definitely looking up," Grogar said. "We're now far better equipped, and we're ready to take on the most Unholy Atrocities humanity has to offer."

"We're really on the grow down here," Grogar added. "This is an exciting time to be in Hell."

RBA
08-10-2005, 11:03 AM
If I was a chickenhawk, I would be worried about what happens to "cowards".

Reds Nd2
08-10-2005, 10:15 PM
I've been shrieking for mercy like a damn woman ever since.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That article was hilarious registerthis.