redsfan30
08-11-2005, 09:42 PM
All I can say is....

:rolleyes:

CTA513
08-11-2005, 09:46 PM
All I can say is....

:rolleyes:

Next year it will be Chad Johnson and Drew Rosenhouse.

:evil:

redsfan30
08-11-2005, 09:51 PM

I was going to start a seperate thread on this very topic.

Is this what we have to look forward to next season with Chad Johnson? He's already fired his agent and hired Drew and already said he will be a holdout if the Bengals don't meet his (Drew's) demands.

:help:

RFS62
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
It's beyond belief.

How they think today's media blitz is helping their cause is beyond me.

TO is even embarrassing Rosenslime. That really takes some doing.

WVRed
08-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Acronym time.:)

TO=Thrown Out.

WVRed
08-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Its Rosenhaus.

I wonder if he and Scott Boras are related. :help:

KronoRed
08-12-2005, 12:33 AM
If I were the Bengals I'd trade CJ right now before he turns into a TO.

But..thankfully I'm not a bengal fan :D

cincinnati chili
08-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Rosenslime.

You're so vain
You probably think "Jerry Maguire" was about you
You're so... You're so vain

RFS62
08-12-2005, 07:06 AM
I wonder if the good people of the City of Brotherly Love have any plans to make TO feel really small if they ever get to see him in an Eagles uniform again?

Do they do that kind of stuff there?

GAC
08-12-2005, 07:52 AM
He'll come back after he apologizes. He has that contract and all, and I don't see the Eagles eating it. And who would want this guy? I'm sure someone.

Pitt is hurting big time for receivers right now.

Roy Tucker
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
TO is even embarrassing Rosenslime. That really takes some doing.
Watched an interview on ESPN last night with TO and Rosenhaus. I think you're right, I think even Rosenhaus was embarassed by all the self-centered crap coming out of TO's mouth. And I didn't think that was possible.

TO kept coming out with all this inflammatory ill-conceived stuff and Rosenhaus kept trying to put a positive spin on it and it just didn't work. And you could just see the look on his face, "my client is making an idiot of himself on national TV and he won't shut up".

TO is just trying to get as much money as he can and this is the way he's chosen to do it. I can respect the money angle, but he is looking really really really bad and burning a whole lot of NFL bridges. He really needs to shut up.

Reds Fanatic
08-12-2005, 09:34 AM
I saw an interview with Rosenhaus on Real Sports last week that drove me nuts. I don't mind players making big money but what kills me is when they sign a big multi year contract and want the renogtiate a year or 2 into the contract. I hope the Eagles stand firm and don't give in to his demands.

HotCorner
08-12-2005, 09:50 AM
To compare Chad Johnson to TO is an insult to Chad Johnson. The only similiarities between these two guys is their position and agent.

TO has never been a team guy. It's always been about "me".

On the other hand you have Chad going to a Monday night football game with Carson so they could learn from Manning and Harrison.

While I fully expect Chad to seek a new deal next offseason, it will not be the fiasco that is TO.

RedsFan75
08-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Just got off the phone with a co-worker in Philly, he was telling me some of the things the city is doing to show it's..... "support" of TO.

Q102 has parked a moving van in front of his house to help him move.
One Radio guy is doing a food drive to collect cans of food to help feed TO's family.
Modell sports is having a 'fire' sale on TO Jerseys, with proceeds of the 'fire' going to charity. Buy a jersey and burn it and the proceeds of the sale goes to charity.

Those were the highlights, but basically the first home game will not be pretty for TO.

registerthis
08-12-2005, 09:55 AM
The Post ran an extensive article on Rosenhaus last week. The guy routinely works 18 hours days, seven days a week....no hobbies, no wife and kids, no girlfriend...

Sounds like a real fun guy! What's the point in making millions if you don't enjoy it? Bah...he's evil! :evil:

Jeremy Piergallini
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Thank you 2844. Chad is not TO. Yes, Chad runs his mouth, yes he most likely will want more money next year especially if he has an all pro year and they make the playoffs, but he works his butt off. Routinely first one on the field, last one off of it. He has even come out and said the main reason he hired rosenhaus was to get more endorsement deals and get his name and face out their in the marketing world, not to get a new contract.

GoReds
08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
How about this - TO to Pittsburgh for Hines Ward. The Eagles negotiate a contract for Ward before the trade is finalized.

Only problem is, I'd hate to be Roethlisberger or Cowher.

LincolnparkRed
08-12-2005, 11:52 AM
The Post ran an extensive article on Rosenhaus last week. The guy routinely works 18 hours days, seven days a week....no hobbies, no wife and kids, no girlfriend...

Sounds like a real fun guy! What's the point in making millions if you don't enjoy it? Bah...he's evil! :evil:

He does tool around in a nice Ferrari however.

just sayin

registerthis
08-12-2005, 12:05 PM
He does tool around in a nice Ferrari however.

just sayin
I'll take my 2003 Chevy Cavalier, drum set, and baseball and hockey games, thank you very much. :)

kbrake
08-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm sure this is nice for Ricky Williams down in Miami, he should have the media following his every step but thanks to T.O. he is kind of flying under the radar. I do think NFL players should be getting more guarenteed money, but it is his fault for siging the contract in the first place.

HotCorner
08-12-2005, 12:50 PM
This comes from ESPN.com when he saved the boy from drowning ...

Rosenhaus was in Orlando for an appearance at the ESPN Club and to meet with some of his clients. He took a short break from business to honor a promise he had made, to take his girlfriend to the pool, when the incident occurred.

So he has a girlfriend ... but that still doesn't make him any less evil. ;)

WVRed
08-12-2005, 01:05 PM
How about this - TO to Pittsburgh for Hines Ward. The Eagles negotiate a contract for Ward before the trade is finalized.

Only problem is, I'd hate to be Roethlisberger or Cowher.

Honestly, I think a TO to Green Bay for Javon Walker trade could be more realistic. Brett Favre though is less forgiving than McNabb, so there could be more fireworks involved.

Blimpie
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Watched an interview on ESPN last night with TO and Rosenhaus. I think you're right, I think even Rosenhaus was embarassed by all the self-centered crap coming out of TO's mouth. And I didn't think that was possible.

TO kept coming out with all this inflammatory ill-conceived stuff and Rosenhaus kept trying to put a positive spin on it and it just didn't work. And you could just see the look on his face, "my client is making an idiot of himself on national TV and he won't shut up".

TO is just trying to get as much money as he can and this is the way he's chosen to do it. I can respect the money angle, but he is looking really really really bad and burning a whole lot of NFL bridges. He really needs to shut up.Yesterday, I heard Sal Palantonio (ESPN's football equivalent of Pedro Gomez) reporting on TO getting booted from camp. He quoted the Philadelphia Offensive Coordinator Brad Childress on the morning TO was sent home:

"I walked up to Terrell to speak to him about an offensive scheme and he told me, 'don't speak to me unless I speak to you first..' "

Terrell Owens is a waste of DNA.

registerthis
08-12-2005, 01:42 PM
This comes from ESPN.com when he saved the boy from drowning ...

So he has a girlfriend ... but that still doesn't make him any less evil. ;)
I stand corrected. So the guy apparentally finds time to have some sex in between negotiating bloated contracts for his clients.

Good on 'em.

registerthis
08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Honestly, I think a TO to Green Bay for Javon Walker trade could be more realistic. Brett Favre though is less forgiving than McNabb, so there could be more fireworks involved.
Brett Favre would eat TO for lunch.

As Frank Sinatra said, "I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool."

KronoRed
08-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Brett Favre would eat TO for lunch.

I would want front row seats to that fight :beerme:

Jaycint
08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
I've never been a big Brett Favre guy but that is one fight I could pull for him in.

CrackerJack
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I've never been a big Brett Favre guy but that is one fight I could pull for him in.

Uh Favre wouldn't win that one that's for sure - Owens is a monster of a man.

A jerk, yes, but quite an imposing figure.

As good as he is at being a WR, not sure who would want him on their team, he's an absolute moron and a ridiculous distraction.

Roy Tucker
08-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I will not become a Brett Favre fan until he starts spelling his name Brett Farve.

WVRed
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I think if I were TO, I would spend my one week vacation on the basketball court.

Nothing like getting your team riled up and scared of a potential injury to kill value.

HotCorner
08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I will not become a Brett Favre fan until he starts spelling his name Brett Farve.

http://www.packertime.com/players/brettfavre/sounds/sam2.wav

Jaycint
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Uh Favre wouldn't win that one that's for sure - Owens is a monster of a man.

A jerk, yes, but quite an imposing figure.

As good as he is at being a WR, not sure who would want him on their team, he's an absolute moron and a ridiculous distraction.

Ok substitute Daunte Culpepper for Favre. :laugh: Basically I would just like to see someone literally whip his :mooner:

Red Leader
08-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok substitute Daunte Culpepper for Favre. :laugh: Basically I would just like to see someone literally whip his :mooner:

I wish Terrell Owens would have accepted that trade to Baltimore. Ray Lewis would be making Owens his ***** right about now.

Stewie
08-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I figured the Eagles would have gotten 2 years of decent production out of TO before he started TO-ing it up. Guess I was off by a year. The thing I don't get is that TO badmouths McNabb and all, and then slyly says that he could play in Atlanta (in an interview with CSS a couple weeks ago). That's insane, first he bashes Jeff Garcia last year because he claimed Garcia couldn't get him the ball, then he bashes McNabb for who-knows-what, and then he wants to play with Mike Vick? At this point, Vick isn't anywhere close to the QB that Donovan is and Vick doesn't seem to be any less of a "company man" than McNabb (whatever that means). Just kind of seems to me that Vick is the things that TO hated about Garcia and McNabb rolled into one package.

Whatever, I think TO is really just upset because he is in an organization run by two strong people (Reid and Banner) who don't put up with anyone's crap and he can't run the show himself.

WVRed
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I wish Terrell Owens would have accepted that trade to Baltimore. Ray Lewis would be making Owens his ***** right about now.

Ray Lewis didnt do a good job of it last year.

CrackerJack
08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
:devil:
Ok substitute Daunte Culpepper for Favre. Basically I would just like to see someone literally whip his :mooner:

Hehe, I hear ya. And Dante might give him a run for his $. :devil: As a former LB those big lanky guys go down easy at the knees/ankles. ;)

Red Leader
08-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Ray Lewis didnt do a good job of it last year.

A good job of what?

Matt700wlw
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Here's what the media should do. STOP putting a camera and microphone in his face. STOP giving him attention. Pretend he doesn't exist.

But working for the meida, I know that will never happen.

WVRed
08-12-2005, 04:11 PM
A good job of what?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041031_BAL@PHI

PHILADELPHIA (Oct. 31, 2004) -- Terrell Owens gave Ray Lewis some dance tips, mocking the All-Pro linebacker with a few of his own moves and making even more enemies in Baltimore.

Owens had an 11-yard TD catch and David Akers kicked three field goals, helping the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Baltimore Ravens 15-10 to reach 7-0 for the first time in franchise history.

Owens, who angered Lewis and other Ravens when he spurned Baltimore and forced a trade to the Eagles in March, had eight catches for 101 yards. After breaking several tackles to score in the fourth quarter, Owens, known for his innovative celebrations, imitated the dance Lewis does when he's introduced before home games.

"Don't be a coward and wait until you make one play to do something," Lewis said. "What's flattering is he has me on his mind when he's at home."

Lewis and Owens have exchanged verbal shots since the four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver refused to play for the Ravens after San Francisco initially traded him to Baltimore.

"I had a little fun out there," Owens said. "I can't do it like he does, but I tried my best. If you don't like what I do, stop me from getting in the end zone."

The Ravens' offense, missing three Pro Bowl players, sure could have used Owens. They didn't score until Kyle Boller threw a 7-yard TD pass to Daniel Wilcox in the fourth quarter.

Baltimore (4-3) drove to Philadelphia's 48 in the final two minutes, but Boller's fourth-down pass was incomplete.

"We lost the game and you can't ever feel good about a loss," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "With the circumstances, on the road, against a championship-caliber club, with the adversity we faced, I'm not going to go home and slit my wrists."

Donovan McNabb completed 18 of 33 passes for 219 yards and a TD, and also scrambled for 36 yards, setting up two field goals with his runs. Akers kicked field goals of 20, 41 and 43.

Leading 9-3, the Eagles got the ball at their own 35 after Chester Taylor fumbled in the fourth quarter. Then, McNabb and Owens took over. The two connected on passes of 15 and 11 yards, before hooking up for a score that made it 15-3.

Owens' celebration got more attention than his play.

"His dance made me sick," Ravens defensive end Anthony Weaver said. "I would not want to mess with Ray and that is all I have to say."

Not all the Ravens were upset with Owens.

Terrell Owens got the best of the Ravens, the team he spurned in favor of the Eagles.
"T.O.'s good for the game," said cornerback Deion Sanders, one of the most flamboyant players in the league. "He's great for the game of football. He brings a lot of flavor to a somewhat boring sport. I'm OK with it."

In the first half, the Eagles drove to Baltimore's 3 and 1, but only got three points. McNabb fumbled at the Ravens 1 early in the second quarter.

Akers' 43-yarder at the start of the fourth put the Eagles ahead 9-3. McNabb had a 24-yard pass to Owens and a 13-yard scramble during the drive. Akers' 41-yard field goal gave the Eagles a 6-3 lead in the second.

After a 39-yard pass interference penalty against Chris McAlister on McNabb's pass to Todd Pinkston put the ball at Baltimore's 4, the Eagles settled for a 20-yarder by Akers, taking a 3-0 lead.

"They're a very good defense," McNabb said. "There's a reason why they're one of the top three."

Matt Stover's 44-yard field goal tied it at 3 in the first.

The Eagles played without running back Brian Westbrook, out with a cracked rib.

Baltimore was without Pro Bowl tight end Todd Heap (ankle), All-Pro running back Jamal Lewis (suspension) and All-Pro tackle Jonathan Ogden (hamstring).

The disparity between the two offenses was evident on consecutive possessions in the third quarter. The Eagles passed on third-and-1 (McNabb was sacked) and the Ravens ran on third-and-9 (Taylor got 1 yard).

I dont think Ray Lewis could have handled Terrell Owens. While I do think Ray Lewis is one of the best defensive leaders to ever play the game, TO is a whole other story. I dont think Randy Moss is near this bad, and that is saying something.

Oxilon
08-12-2005, 04:23 PM
As much hate as there is going around for Rosenhaus in this thread, you've got to respect the man. Love 'em or hate 'em, the guy has managed to become the agent of practically every big name player out there.

Jeremy Piergallini
08-12-2005, 04:29 PM
matt,
that is the problem, especially with outlets like espn. they put the microphone in his face to get him to say something that they can then use to make into a bigger story for the next week. this is the problem with most media these days, not all. don't play him, ban him from the complex. if the media stops talking to him, he will find a way to get into the news. He would pull a JOhn Rocker just to get back in the spotlight. Terrell Owens is Terrell Owens. We all know what he is and what he does. The problem is the media doesn't let anything die.

There are media and people who still attack OSU for the clarett saga, though nothing has been proven in two investigations, other than troy smith took $500, for which he was punished based on the precedence set for that type of punishment. The media made suggestions that Tressel is dirty, now most people believe he is. They don't know him nor do I, but I highly doubt he is dirty.

The one thing that I'm aghast when professional athletes hold out is the I gotta fee my family oration. Come on. 7 million a year ain't enough to feed your family? Maybe try selling your 25 room 4 million home. I have no sympathy for somebody making 7 million a year to play a game and be revered as a hero by some. Just can't do it. Now if he had testicular cancer and came back and was on the top of the game or colon cancer and came back and contributed to the game as if he never left (ie. Lance Armstrong, Eric Davis), I may have a little more sympathy in my heart. If I were Randy Moss at this point, I would keep my mouth shut the rest of the year. Let Terrell become the ***hole of the NFL.

WVRed
08-13-2005, 10:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2133530

This is comical.

This time, Rush Limbaugh wants to help Donovan McNabb, not criticize him. T.O. Watch: Eagles WR takes in game from stands

Limbaugh, who once said the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed, wants to help McNabb and wide receiver Terrell Owens settle their differences on his radio show.

"I am here to offer and to assist. I can," Limbaugh said on his nationally syndicated radio show Friday, according to a transcript on his Web site. "I could bring these two guys together. I've been there, folks, and I could do this, and I'm serious in my desire to do it."

Owens has been unhappy with the Eagles over his contract and took some of his frustration out at McNabb, calling the quarterback a hypocrite and saying the two of them could not be successful together.

McNabb insisted he wasn't stung by the criticism, laughing off the outrageous receiver's remarks before turning serious and telling Owens to "keep my name out of your mouth."

Limbaugh resigned from ESPN nearly two years ago after sparking outrage by saying on a pregame show that he didn't think McNabb was as good as perceived from the start.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said on "Sunday NFL Countdown."

Worth the hassle?
Are the Philadelphia Eagles getting exactly what they bargained for when they signed Terrell Owens? Sunday on OUTSIDE THE LINES (ESPN, 9:30 a.m. ET), we consider what teams put at risk when they sign a deal with a player who brings as much baggage as talent.

Now Limbaugh wants to help mediate, inviting both Eagles to appear on his show.

"This rift cannot be allowed to continue, ladies and gentlemen. It just can't, and I would like to offer this program as a means of getting these two Americans and star players back together," Limbaugh said. "They may not want to talk to each other face-to-face, but perhaps they would join me on this program and speak to each other telephonically via this program and settle this."

RFS62
08-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Man, this is too much.

Limbaugh and Rosenskank should mud wrestle, and the winner gets to decide. Pay per view.

BoydsOfSummer
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I just wish I could turn on some sports news to catch some highlights without seeing his google-eyed,self-important ass blathering yet again about nothing of worth.