PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom Dancing

savafan
08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
I have been taking classes now with a vintage ballroom dancing group in Dayton for about a year now, and I was just curious if there was anyone else on here who has done this. It's really not as easy as it looks, which isn't very easy.

Chip R
08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I have been taking classes now with a vintage ballroom dancing group in Dayton for about a year now, and I was just curious if there was anyone else on here who has done this. It's really not as easy as it looks, which isn't very easy.

When I was in college I took a dance class. We had to dance - or learn how to teach - a foxtrot, a waltz, a polka and some others.

Redsland
08-17-2005, 04:33 PM
"You know what this ballroom needs? More harpsichord!"

MWM
08-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I danced in a ballroom dance company for a year back when I was an undergrad. I had taken lessons for a while after not making it my first try. It's one of the funnest experiences of my life. It's not hard to get the steps right, but it is difficult to get the proper technique mastered.

savafan
08-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I danced in a ballroom dance company for a year back when I was an undergrad. I had taken lessons for a while after not making it my first try. It's one of the funnest experiences of my life. It's not hard to get the steps right, but it is difficult to get the proper technique mastered.

Yeah, that's the thing. All of the techniques and different variations that you can do. Oh, that and trying to stay in time with the music.