PDA

View Full Version : Your Favoriite odd ball SNL Skit

alex trevino
08-18-2005, 07:40 PM
I used to love watching the last 30 minutes of Saturday Night Live because that is when they often took risk with their material, Sometimes they failed miserable others turned out to be some of their funniest stuff. Here are a few of my favroite one time skits. Any one remember these?

1. Fred Garvin "Male Prostitute" - Dan Akyrod in a plaid sports coat with dark rim glasses played a gigilo who was paid to entertain business ladies.

2. "What the Hell is That?" - Steve Martin played a country gas station attendant looking at some thing off screen trying determine what it was..you get the impression it's an UFO but the entire skit was Martin with a quizical look on his face repeating the phrase "Well that the hell is that?"

3.Talk Show - made up of a panel of guest all claiming to have had sex with margret trodeau

4. Sam Walton - promising to pay every american $1,000 to contact his or her congressman urging them to vote against a new tax increase. The sam walton character reappeared later in the telecast to rescind the offer after consulting with his accountant and learing it was cost prohibitive.

5. "Little Elvis" The Memphis mafia riding around with a very bossy minature Elvis Presley on the dashboard barking orders. :eek:

Tony Cloninger
08-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Fred Garvin---- Male Prostitute---- Loved that one.

Johnny Footstool
08-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Charlton Heston in a sketch called Bag Boy.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93hbagboy.phtml

RFS62
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Middle Aged Man

*sigh*

Hap
08-19-2005, 01:08 AM
The Nude Talk Show (Jon Lovitz)

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer (Phil Hartman)

The Ex-Presidents

registerthis
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Tiny Elvis and Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer...both were hilarious.

"Look, I may have been frozen in a "cave"....I might not understand your "ways" and "laws"...or your "food" or "behavior"....but I do know this: My client is NOT guilty!"

flyer85
08-19-2005, 09:48 AM
The Carters - Aykroyd was Jimmah, Radner was Miss Lillian and the best ever was the night Gary Busey was Billy.

Blimpie
08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
The Nude Talk Show (Jon Lovitz)

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer (Phil Hartman)

The Ex-PresidentsCaveman was the best IMO. A close second would be "Massive Head Wound Harry" (Dana Carvey) :D

Chip R
08-19-2005, 10:06 AM
One word: WeatherScope

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/97/97delnino.phtml

Jaycint
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
There was a Christopher Walken sketch where he was a guest on a talk show, sorry those are the few vague details I can recall other than the fact that I laughed my butt off. If anybody knows which one I'm talking about or where I can get the video clip I will be indebted to you forever.

flyer85
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
There was a Christopher Walken sketch where he was a guest on a talk show, sorry those are the few vague details I can recall other than the fact that I laughed my butt off. If anybody knows which one I'm talking about or where I can get the video clip I will be indebted to you forever.http://snl.jt.org/guest.php?i=258

Joseph
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
'More Cowbell' will always be a favorite of mine.

I loved the one in the early 90's with Mike Myers as the little kid who has a 'hyper-hypo' which was some form of ADD. He was tethered to a set of monkey bars and Nichole Kidman was dressed up as a little girl playing with her Barbie dolls. [her in that dress was nothing to complain about] Anyway the whole sketch is Myers trying to break free of his tether while listening to Kidman talk about how much her parents love her. His comment, which I use all the time on my wife was, 'You're surrounded by a lot of positive support.' It was very amusing.

Jeremy Piergallini
08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Colonel Angus with Christopher Walken is good.

Anything with WIll Ferrell doing George Bush and Darrell Hammond doing CHeney is good. I think Hammond also did Gore and Seth Myers did a pretty good John Kerry.

Jaycint
08-19-2005, 03:20 PM
http://snl.jt.org/guest.php?i=258

Ricardo, consider me indebted forever.

redsfan30
08-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Jim Carey as the lifeguard with Will Ferrell.

Priceless.

Matt700wlw
08-19-2005, 03:50 PM
"What the hell is that thing???!?!?!"

RFS62
08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
The Peoples Court with Jon Lovitz as the devil was a classic.

Chip R
08-19-2005, 04:45 PM

That was a good one. Here's one for the old timers

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75klifer.phtml

dsmith421
08-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Does anyone remember the sketch with Walken interviewing a centaur? That's pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen, every time it comes on I end up rolling around on the floor.

---

Boss: Now.. could you make the back half of you into glue, and then could the person part of you use that glue to repair a bird feeder?

Centaur: Yes.

Boss: Do you dump wherever you're standing, or do you use toilets? Or, do you use some magical Centaur toilet?

Centaur: We use regular bathrooms.

Boss: Do you use special Centaur toilet paper?

Centaur: Nope. We use nortmal toilet paper.

Boss: How do you reach back there.. to wipe yourself?

Centaur: Uh.. there is a device we use, it's called an Aubesian - it's a stainless steel telescoping rod, with gripper claws, and a sort of toggle line that allows you to move the paper back and forth.

Boss: So.. there's a company that manufactures Centaur butt-wipers?

Centaur: Aubesians, yes. Um.. there's a store that's a sort of crate-and-barrel for Centaurs, called Aubesians & Such.. there's one on 57th Street.

Boss: I've seen that establishment.

alex trevino
08-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Judge Wopmner: "And M'am what do you do for a living?"

Plantiff's Mother: (chewing on gum) "You're honor I'm a Barfly"

:laugh:

Retneprac
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
A skit with Will Ferrell being Robert Goulet and trying to sell a new CD in a back alley somewhere. One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen - but hysterical. He was making random comments from left field - completely felt like Ferrell was winging it off the top of his head.

RFS62
08-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Bass-O-Matic

"mmmmmmm.... good bass"

Sham
08-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Get off the shed!

Johnny Footstool
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Get off the shed!

It had a sequel called "Get on the Base." Wil Farrell was yelling at his son at a baseball game.

TC81190
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Wake up and smile. (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/95/95hsmile.phtml) For shock value.

Chip R
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Oh, man, I forgot about the Goulet sketch. There was one sketch on there with John Goodman where he played an NFL referee on a talk show. He'd answer questions from the studio audience and they would be real polite but the questions were stuff like, "Were your parents married when you were born?" One of the oddest ones that was a recurring sketch was Sprockets.

Sabo Fan
08-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Tim Meadows as a Census Bureau worker and he knocks on Christopher Walken's character's door. Hilarious, one of my all-time favorites. If you see the SNL Best of Christopher Walken DVD, grab it, it's fantastic.

GullyFoyle
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
The NPR spoof where Alec Baldwin comes on with his Schweddy Christmas Balls... when the cast can't keep a straight face you know its good ::thumbup:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/98idish.phtml

RFS62
08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Celebrity Jeporady was always my favorite sketch.

Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds vs. Alex Trebek was the some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

capndees
08-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Will Ferrell as a hard-ass drill sergeant who needed love advice from his troops.

"You got something to add to this conversation, PRIVATE SON-OF-A-*****???"

David Spade (talentless stooge that he is) was laughing uncontrollably by the end of the sketch.

Hap
08-25-2005, 12:57 AM
The nude beach sketch when they kept saying the word "penis" over and over.

traderumor
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I would like to see a sketch with Bill Clinton and Rafael Palmiero discussing their most famous moments of getting caught lying. They could compare the finger point with the emphatic "I did not sleep with that woman" and take off from there. I would picture them chuckling together at how long it took for them to get busted and critiquing each other's approach.

Chip R
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I would like to see a sketch with Bill Clinton and Rafael Palmiero discussing their most famous moments of getting caught lying. They could compare the finger point with the emphatic "I did not sleep with that woman" and take off from there. I would picture them chuckling together at how long it took for them to get busted and critiquing each other's approach.
Would you also like to see W discussing his "proof" that Iraq had WMD also? Jeez, do you have to bring politics into everything? :rolleyes:

traderumor
08-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Would you also like to see W discussing his "proof" that Iraq had WMD also? Jeez, do you have to bring politics into everything? :rolleyes:It has nothing to do with politics, Chip. SNL always has spoofed presidents, and I roll heartilty when they parody Bush, and back in the day, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr. And what is really funny is that I can't remember the last politics I argued, unless you consider my position in the ID thread political ( :confused: ) or the ACLU thread (again :confused: ).

Besides, so what if I do? :p:

capndees
08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Jeez, do you have to bring politics into everything? :rolleyes:

LOL. Politics???? SNL would never touch politics!!! :laugh:

DoogMinAmo
08-25-2005, 02:02 PM
My favorite was the Antonio Banderas, how do you say, ah yes, Show. No no no, its too sexy, but I must.

Heath
08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Bensonhurst Dating Game with Joe Pesci

Matt Foley - Motivational Speaker - I live in van down by the river

Wayne's World....

Church Lady

Carsonio (Dana Carvey did some great stuff)

Adam Sandler as Opera Man

Dennis Miller doing the News.

Will Ferrel & Chris Kattan with the brothers clubbing act - Don't remember the name - but turned into Night at the Roxbury.....

Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek - and Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery on Celebrity Jeopardy....

Darrell Hammond as Bill Clinton...

I've got to go to work now...or listen to the Reds....I could go on forever....

LincolnparkRed
08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Will Ferrel & Chris Kattan with the brothers clubbing act - Don't remember the name - but turned into Night at the Roxbury.....

Wa-tobbi or wu-tobbi brothers, I actually went as the Will Farrell character with my friend as the Chris Kattan guy for Halloween in 2001.

Roy Tucker
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
The NPR spoof where Alec Baldwin comes on with his Schweddy Christmas Balls... when the cast can't keep a straight face you know its good ::thumbup:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/98idish.phtml
Don't forget the sequel of Schweddy ballpark weiners.. http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00pdish.phtml

Heath
08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
A few more ---

Ana Gasteyer and Molly Shannon in ANY NPR spoof

Da Bears with George Wendt

Chris Farley in the Chris Farley Show with Paul McCartney or Jeff Daniels

Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri - SPARTAN POWER

Eddie Murphy in Mr. Robinsons' Neighborhood (Can you say...child support)