PDA

View Full Version : Hyperbole in Song Lyrics

alex trevino
08-26-2005, 10:39 AM
What are some song lyrics you think are a bit over the top?

I will start with "Don't Pull Your Love" by Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds

(Also as an aside why does Joe Franks get top billing but Hamilton & Reynolds only get to use their last names?)

"Don't pull your love out on me baby

If you do then I think that maybe

I'll just lay me down and cry for a hundred years"

Really now? cry for hundred years? :D

REDREAD
08-26-2005, 05:42 PM
This is actually harder than it seems. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is from "TaxMan" (Beattles) The tax rate isn't quite 95% (yet :) )

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman

RedsBaron
08-26-2005, 05:58 PM
In "No Surrender," Bruce Springsteen sings that "we learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school"-not something I believe is true, or something I'd brag about if true.

Johnny Footstool
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
"8 Days a Week" -- A fellow would get worn out from all the lovin'.

registerthis
08-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Hit Me Baby One More Time...

I don't think you want that, Britney.

RedsBaron
08-27-2005, 09:23 AM
The Beatles already have a couple of mentions, and probably deserve several more, even though I love their music.
"All you need is love"? Now we all do need love, and St. Paul was much more eloquent in chapter 13 of First Corinthians about the primacy of love, but is love really "all" you need?
In his overpraised solo work "Imagine," John Lennon sang favorably of the idea of there being nothing "to live or die for." Martin Luther King was once quoted as saying that if someone did not have anything he was willing to die for, then that person had nothing to live for.

cincinnati chili
08-27-2005, 11:41 AM
And I would walk five hun dred miles
And -a- I would a walk five a hun-dred more