PDA

View Full Version : REDS all alone in 4th

NavyRedsFan
08-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Dodgers beat the Cubs 9-6, Reds have a half game lead over the Cubs for forth place. Reds travel to Houston and the Pirates visit the Brewers. GO Bucs! Third place after the start this team had would be a good start for next season. Get a couple of starters and the Reds could be a contender.

RDriesen16
08-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Dodgers beat the Cubs 9-6, Reds have a half game lead over the Cubs for forth place. Reds travel to Houston and the Pirates visit the Brewers. GO Bucs! Third place after the start this team had would be a good start for next season. Get a couple of starters and the Reds could be a contender.people are getting really excited about our recent success, but i have a feeling we will be brought back to reality in houston and atlanta. houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy

captainmorgan07
08-29-2005, 11:29 PM
nice to be in 4th place anything but 5th or 6th we've been there enough lately

George Foster
08-29-2005, 11:32 PM
people are getting really excited about our recent success, but i have a feeling we will be brought back to reality in houston and atlanta. houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy

Marty said on the radio Sunday that we will miss Clemens and Smoltz in the rotation the next six games. If this is the case I see us going 4-2! Go Bucs!

RDriesen16
08-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Marty said on the radio Sunday that we will miss Clemens and Smoltz in the rotation the next six games. If this is the case I see us going 4-2! Go Bucs!we get oswalt and petitt in houston. thats a tough 2 right there. then who do we get in atlanta?

NavyRedsFan
08-30-2005, 12:23 AM
The Reds have defeated the teams that they should defeat lately. Will the real Reds please stand up. If Jerry Narron's Reds the second half of the season are the real Reds then the winning we've enjoyed lately is what SOME people expected from this team after the off-season spending spree. The 27-43 Reds of Dave Miley was an abbration and with a contending team, we should expect at least a 3-3 record against Houston and Atlanta. At the start of the season I never expected the Reds to be as bad as they were. With better starting pitching and a steady bullpen, without sacrificing too much offense then next season should be very exciting in Cincinnati.

redsrule2500
08-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Yep, pretty neat! lol

Fullboat
08-30-2005, 01:49 AM
The Cubbies looking up at us.Its a beautifull thing I tell ya. :thumbup:

oregonred
08-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Not even alphabetical order saves the little bears tonight :)

A lot of teams would get whacked in ATL and Hou. Will be a good test for the boys to see if they can sneak back home with a 3-3 road trip finale.

OldXOhio
08-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Marty said on the radio Sunday that we will miss Clemens and Smoltz in the rotation the next six games. If this is the case I see us going 4-2! Go Bucs!

so you're saying we sweep the astros huh?

PuffyPig
08-30-2005, 08:49 AM
houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy

SInce the all star break, Houston has scored almost as many runs as Atlanta. With berkman getting healthy and productive, they have been a vastly improved offensive team. And they are still getting that great pitching. THey have a similiar record to Atlanta, but, with such a slow start, have been playing much better over the last 2 months.

George Foster
08-30-2005, 02:45 PM
so you're saying we sweep the astros huh?

I hope 2 out of three and two out of three!

OldXOhio
08-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I hope 2 out of three and two out of three!

I guess I'm just a sucker for trends. Until the Reds show an ability to consistently win against ATL, I'll never believe they can go into Turner Field and take 2/3.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
we get oswalt and petitt in houston. thats a tough 2 right there. then who do we get in atlanta?

Oswalt is as close to an automatic loss for the Reds as it gets. I don't consider it any luck that we are "only" facing him. That being said, I would like to see the Reds reel off at least 4 wins in HOU/ATL. If that happens, who knows?

NavyRedsFan
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
To steal a marketing slogan from the mid 80's: "The Cincinnati Reds.. Gettin' back to fun again!" Sorry, a blast from my past. How many remember that?

Little Alex
08-30-2005, 08:43 PM
If we can sweep the Astros and take 2/3 from the braves.... things will become very interesting... :)

NavyRedsFan
07-29-2006, 04:15 PM
The Reds have defeated the teams that they should defeat lately. Will the real Reds please stand up. If Jerry Narron's Reds the second half of the season are the real Reds then the winning we've enjoyed lately is what SOME people expected from this team after the off-season spending spree. The 27-43 Reds of Dave Miley was an abbration and with a contending team, we should expect at least a 3-3 record against Houston and Atlanta. At the start of the season I never expected the Reds to be as bad as they were. With better starting pitching and a steady bullpen, without sacrificing too much offense then next season should be very exciting in Cincinnati.
WOW!! This was exactly 11 months ago, and I kinda sound like I knew what I was talking about.:D