PDA

View Full Version : Why Bush's Response Was Delayed

WVRed
09-08-2005, 04:49 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/176143/bushvaca.jpg

This picture is worth about seven words.

ghettochild
09-08-2005, 04:53 PM
:laugh: people looting in the background

registerthis
09-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Hah, Photoshop is such a great program. :)

Puffy
09-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Having lived in New Orleans and partied a lot in the quarter I can safely say that the President should not eat that fish. It would have puke and pee on it.

westofyou
09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Having lived in New Orleans and partied a lot in the quarter I can safely say that the President should not eat that fish. It would have puke and pee on it.

Having actually been on the beach whilst the Prez fished off the coast of Maine I can safely say that there would be 6 boats loaded with SS around him as he fished.

WVRed
09-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Hah, Photoshop is such a great program. :)

Indeed.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/176143/th_bushguitgreat.jpg

The first image is so wrong....Clinton should have been invited.:(

rdiersin
09-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Having actually been on the beach whilst the Prez fished off the coast of Maine I can safely say that there would be 6 boats loaded with SS around him as he fished.

That's small for a striper. I wonder if someone hooked it for them. Kind of like in Mooseport when the secret service guys keep throwing the former Pres. balls back into the fairway.

GAC
09-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I personally find this kind of tacky with all the suffering that is going on down there right now. C'mon people - there should be a limit to anyone's sense of humor -especially right now. Simply my thoughts on this.

WVRed
09-08-2005, 07:34 PM
I personally find this kind of tacky with all the suffering that is going on down there right now. C'mon people - there should be a limit to anyone's sense of humor -especially right now. Simply my thoughts on this.

And im a Republican. :devil:

paintmered
09-08-2005, 07:36 PM

While it's not nice to make light of the situation, I think we could all use a laugh right now.

RBA
09-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I kind of agree with GAC on this. That crying mother doesn't need to be exploited for a cheap laugh.

RedsBaron
09-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah, perhaps the second photo is a bit much, since the crying mother is so visible. As for the first photo, I laughed out loud when I saw it, and I quickly made a copy which I gave to my partner, a left-of-center Democrat.

Dom Heffner
09-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Yeah, they should have thrown in a joke about his partying days in New Orleans.

Oops, Bush already did that.

What I find tacky and offensive is the Bush administration's handling of the suffering going on down there.

It's great to see you finally take some offense at something, but too bad it's about the wrong thing.

GAC
09-09-2005, 06:22 AM
While it's not nice to make light of the situation, I think we could all use a laugh right now.

At whose expense though paint? I haven't had cause to laugh once while watching coverage of what is going on down there.

GAC
09-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Yeah, they should have thrown in a joke about his partying days in New Orleans.

Oops, Bush already did that.

What I find tacky and offensive is the Bush administration's handling of the suffering going on down there.

It's great to see you finally take some offense at something, but too bad it's about the wrong thing.

You never seem to disappoint or get it wrong Dom. Thanks for the consistency. But you would support any avenue or using any method, regardless of who did it or who it effects, as long as it takes swipes at Bush. ;)

RANDY IN INDY
09-09-2005, 08:41 AM
There's more than enough blame to go around for everyone, including both political parties, as well as city, state and federal government agencies. It isn't the relief effort that's a national disgrace. Wasting energy on fingerpointing in the face of the disaster is.

registerthis
09-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Here's some nice Hurricane-related humor:

"You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie."

Falls City Beer
09-09-2005, 12:48 PM
There's more than enough blame to go around for everyone, including both political parties, as well as city, state and federal government agencies. It isn't the relief effort that's a national disgrace. Wasting energy on fingerpointing in the face of the disaster is.

Respectfully, not every American can help out on the ground in Mississippi and Louisiana. It's just not possible or feasible.

Therefore, I feel as though I can do my part to raise my little internet voice in disapproval of our government's response. Call it my contribution to future aid/relief efforts. So I don't consider "fingerpointing" wasting energy. On the contrary, it's energy very well spent; maybe not as immediately necessary as the work on the ground, but important all the same.

OnBaseMachine
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Funny stuff, WV. I laughed out loud.

That picture is no worse than Bush joking about sitting on Trent Lott's porch or commenting on his partying days in New Orleans.

BTW, I loved this quote by Joe Scarborough last night, "I don't want my president on vacation while people are getting killed, whether it be in Iraq or along the Gulf Coast."

TeamCasey
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I have to admit the first one cracked me up, however I think we should respect anyone who found them offensive and let it drop.

RBA
09-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Funny stuff, WV. I laughed out loud.

That picture is no worse than Bush joking about sitting on Trent Lott's porch or commenting on his partying days in New Orleans.

BTW, I loved this quote by Joe Scarborough last night, "I don't want my president on vacation while people are getting killed, whether it be in Iraq or along the Gulf Coast."

Joe, better watch out or he's going to get SwiftBoated.

dsmith421
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Joe, better watch out or he's going to get SwiftBoated.

That's a gimme for Rove. Just spread a little gossip at the UF Law School that Scarborough was having an affair with that intern that turned up dead in one of his Florida offices.

RANDY IN INDY
09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Respectfully, not every American can help out on the ground in Mississippi and Louisiana. It's just not possible or feasible.

Therefore, I feel as though I can do my part to raise my little internet voice in disapproval of our government's response. Call it my contribution to future aid/relief efforts. So I don't consider "fingerpointing" wasting energy. On the contrary, it's energy very well spent; maybe not as immediately necessary as the work on the ground, but important all the same.

For what it's worth, I have a hard time taking fingerpointing seriously when it continually points in the same direction, regardless of the situation. Sure, there were some mistakes made, but there are a lot of folks on both sides of the fence to take the blame.

Falls City Beer
09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Sure, there were some mistakes made, but there are a lot of folks on both sides of the fence to take the blame.

From the beginning, I've never said once that I believed that Bush alone takes the blame. Not once.

westofyou
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
From the beginning, I've never said once that I believed that Bush alone takes the blame. Not once.

"Fallsie, you're doing a heck of a job,"

RANDY IN INDY
09-09-2005, 05:20 PM

And for that post, I applaud you! :beerme:

GAC
09-10-2005, 07:17 AM

That maybe so. But I have yet to see you emphasize or point out any of those other areas/agencies, and where/how they failed?