PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want To Chat OSU-Texas?

GAC
09-10-2005, 08:15 PM
A couple of us are in there already.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Unless you wanna chat Florida/LaTech and USCe/UGA then I'll stay out here ;)

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 08:21 PM
3-0 Texas.

Vince Young ran all over OSU.

GAC
09-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Early penalties hurting the Bucks.

Just got our first 1st down.

I have the feeling this is gonna be a wide open scoring affair.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Touchdown Texas!

Texas making it look easy. OSU's offense bores me.

Matt700wlw
09-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Is Tressel switching Zwick and Smith in and out?

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Yes.

Troy Smith is lucky. He just threw an easy interception...but the Texas cornerback dropped it. Probably would have been a touchdown.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Buckeyes tie it.

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Interception by AJ. Bucks be taking this one in for the lead! ;)

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Is Tressel switching Zwick and Smith in and out?

Zwick will be lucky to see anymore time in this game.

FG - Bucks up 13-10

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
That was the worst throw I've seen in a while. What were ya doing Vince?

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Michigan and Iowa lost today. C'mon Bucks!

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Texas fumbles!!!!

AJ recovers on the Texas 30 yd line.

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:26 PM
1st down pass to Gonzales to the 19!

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Holmes - 1st down catch to the 6!

GAC
09-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Had to settle for a FG before the half. But what a comeback!

16-10 Bucks!

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Texas adds a field goal right before the half, 16-13.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 09:41 PM
JM found the Musberger drinking game for those watching :D

Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Pathetic play-calling by Texas. First and goal at the OSU 5, and they call the same play three times in a row.

Matt700wlw
09-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Jim Tressel is a confusing man.

Zwick's back in.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Both teams right now are hurting my brain on offense.

And no, it's not because each team has good defenses, because they do.

Terribly over conservative.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Did anyone else besides me find the irony in super stud Teddy Ginn Jr. getting taken down by the kicker

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 10:40 PM
David Thomas - the Texas TE - has dropped two huge passes in the last five minutes.

And Vince Young is still not the greatest passer in the world.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Did anyone else besides me find the irony in super stud Teddy Ginn Jr. getting taken down by the kicker

Fear the kicker.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Touchdown Texas.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Replay called for..seems clear that it's a TD

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Great catch by that Texas WR - Texas now up by 1 with a little more than 2 minutes to go.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
23-22 Texas.

Either way, neither team has impressed me much. I feel that Southern Cal, Florida or someone like that would blow away both of these teams.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:23 PM
To the booth again.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Fumble...Texas ball.

Arizona State lead LSU 17-7.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
And they give the ball back to Ohio State.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Instant Replay showing off just why it's needed tonight - two back to back solid uses

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Zwick clearly fumbles this one..Texas ball.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
And they give the ball back to Ohio State.

Zwick fumbles! Texas ball.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
23-22 Texas.

Either way, neither team has impressed me much. I feel that Southern Cal, Florida or someone like that would blow away both of these teams.

Exactly - although I doubt they would light 'em up. Both teams D has been solid this game. Made even more so by somewhat inept offenses.

Nine field goals so far in this game. Blah

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Protect the ball, run that clock.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:27 PM
UT gets a first down rushing, barring disaster, UT is going to win this one.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Tressell - might want to use those TO's ....oh wait, nevermind, just took him 8 ticks of the clock to get that in.

RedsFan75
09-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Amazing thing I don't get was why was Zwick in there and not T. Smith, Such a different offense when Smith is in.

RedsFan75
09-10-2005, 11:31 PM
As good as Ohio's D has been, seems like they could sniff out that QB Draw, I mean, they've seen enough of it tonight!

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2005, 11:34 PM
That was a touchdown.

KronoRed
09-10-2005, 11:34 PM
That's a TD

To the booth :lol:

paintmered
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Game isn't over yet.

OSU with the ball 25 ticks left.

Well, now it's over. Safety.

KronoRed
Safety!

Boy..OSU came unglued right here at the end

OnBaseMachine
Safety. Ballgame.

But that a touchdown.

jmcclain19
Texas ate them alive on that RB sneak out the backfield pass play all game. Seemed like OSU couldn't pick it up. Saw it successful on a handfull of occasions for big gains.

Wow - safety Texas

RedsFan75
Looked like a TD to me, but now the safety ices it

paintmered
Think you'll see an onside kick here? :laugh:

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm not quite sold on whether that was a TD or not, but they could at least taken it to the booth.

Not that it matters now, but it was close enough to take to the booth.

paintmered
09-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Texas recovers the onside kick. Ballgame over.

MWM
Tressel's an idiot. Check that, he's an idiot wrapped in a moron. He lost this game. In all my years of sports, I can hardly remember a time when coaching has lost a game. Tonight is one of the few.

KronoRed
Final Score

Texas 25

Ohio State 22

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Ohio State dominated the game, was clearly the better team, and I mean clearly. And they handed it over to Texas. Unbelievable. I can't remember being this frustrated watching the Buckeyes.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Troy Smith had himself quite the game - besides the safety, but that was almost an unwinable situation for him.

Have to wonder why he wasn't in the game more. Zwick did ok, but he too often had happy feet and he's not a running QB.

pedro
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
After what happened to Michigan today, sure, I'd love to talk about this game ;)

KronoRed
OSU needs to pick a QB and stick with him

captainmorgan07
Troy Smith should be the quaterback of this team no questions asked moved the team tontie adn should have been in there on the drive where zwick fumbled zwick had his chances and didnt' come threw smith did

Chip R
A black day for the Big Ten favorites.

Caseyfan21
09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Texas didn't beat Ohio State in this game, Ohio State beat Ohio State.

This should have been an absolute blowout for OSU. Take those 3 turnovers and at least 2 should have been TD's. Hamby also dropped a TD pass that hit him in the letters. Pathetic display on offense. Too many dropped passes, too many missed chances, and too many times settling for a field goal.

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:44 PM
The team didn't move the ball at all with Zwick in the game. They moved the ball with Smith. I understand going back to him in the second half. But in the 4th quarter, it should have been Smith.

Another beef is the Tressel ball obsession with field goals. They kicked 5 freaking field goals. Once he's in range, he doesn't even try. It's frustrating.

One thing's for sure, OSU's defense is the best in the country. If the Bucks get average offensive production this year, they might not lose again.

Larkin Fan
09-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Why Tressel continually goes to Zwick, I'll never know. But I do know that it's one of the single most frustrating things that a Bucks fan has to continually face.

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I thought the officiating was good in this game, but that pass interference call in Texas's final drive was bush league. That was seriously a horrible call and very costly.

Larkin Fan
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
I thought the officiating was good in this game, but that pass interference call in Texas's final drive was bush league. That was seriously a horrible call and very costly.

Agreed.

jmcclain19
09-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Texas didn't beat Ohio State in this game, Ohio State beat Ohio State.

This should have been an absolute blowout for OSU. Take those 3 turnovers and at least 2 should have been TD's. Hamby also dropped a TD pass that hit him in the letters. Pathetic display on offense. Too many dropped passes, too many missed chances, and too many times settling for a field goal.

I wouldn't go that far. Lets not get carried away here. OSU could have won this game, perhaps should have won this game. But it was by no means a "should have been a blowout" game. This was a close, hard fought game.

Neo
09-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Words can't explain how I feel right now...

Caseyfan21
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Mark it down, I think Zwick might be done as a starter in Columbus. Buckeye fans have good memories and his mistake, while one of many, will be remembered as the real back breaker in this game. I mentioned it as I was waiting for the last drive to start, either Justin Zwick comes out of this game as the hero or the goat. Is that fair? Not really, but Buckeye fans will remember his mistake that blew any chance for a last minute drive.

I think Smith will start from here on out unless he does something seriously wrong.

Also, as far as quarterbacks, why didn't Boeckman get a chance on that last drive. If I were the play there on the half yard line, I would have put in the shotgun with 3 receivers, Holmes, Ginn, and Gonzalez. Put everyone else on the line and protect Boeckman. He has the strongest arm (supposedly is what I've read) of the quarterbacks so I would just have him chuck it up and let one of our receivers go get it. I guess Smith was the logical choice, but he doesn't have the arm strength to put it way out there to the point our receiving corps speed would be a factor.

pedro
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM

I think your avatar is doing a pretty good job.

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:55 PM
It shouldn't have been a blowout, but this is a game where they outplayed the other team, was in a position to put it away and chose to take Tressel's patented "let's kick 50 yard field goals" approach. Funny thing is, as soon as Ginn got that first down, I said to my brother Tressel's going to do 3 quick runs, get stopped and try to kick a 50 yard field goal and miss. Then Texas will have a short field and they'll go take the lead." They do this all the time. They rely entirely too much on the field goal. The kicker was 5 for 6 and missed only a 50 yarder, and he barely missed that one. This was is on Tressel.

That's why I'm so frustrated. It's hard to get angry at Hamby's dropped TD because those things happen. But intentional stupidity by the coaching is what cost the Bucks this game and a potential golden season. If they win that game, they're in great shape to make another run at the National title.

Caseyfan21
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Lets not get carried away here. OSU could have won this game, perhaps should have won this game. But it was by no means a "should have been a blowout" game. This was a close, hard fought game.

Look at the OSU average field position, it was close to midfield. If our receivers don't drop some of those balls and our offense is merely average, then OSU should have gotten 2 TD's from the 3 turnovers. Later in the second half, Hamby dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers in the end zone.

I suppose credit should be given to the Texas defense, they were very good at covering the OSU receivers and pressuring the QB. I just feel that Tressel went into conservative mode every time the OSU offense approached the red zone. If the offense had used wide open play calling, then we could have possibly added those two TD's and this game isn't even close at the half.

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:57 PM
As soon as Zwick started running, I had a bad feeling. How can you just flat out drop the ball. In that situation, the only thought in his mind should have been "DON'T FUMBLE." That's it!

MWM
09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I've never been a big fan of Tressel. I think he's been lucky as much as he's been good. I absolutely can't stand his approach to coaching. Unfortunately, I think he'll be around for a LONG time.

Caseyfan21
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
It shouldn't have been a blowout, but this is a game where they outplayed the other team, was in a position to put it away and chose to take Tressel's patented "let's kick 50 yard field goals" approach. Funny thing is, as soon as Ginn got that first down, I said to my brother Tressel's going to do 3 quick runs, get stopped and try to kick a 50 yard field goal and miss. Then Texas will have a short field and they'll go take the lead." They do this all the time. They rely entirely too much on the field goal. The kicker was 5 for 6 and missed only a 50 yarder, and he barely missed that one. This was is on Tressel.

That's why I'm so frustrated. It's hard to get angry at Hamby's dropped TD because those things happen. But intentional stupidity by the coaching is what cost the Bucks this game and a potential golden season. If they win that game, they're in great shape to make another run at the National title.

I agree 100%. I said the same thing as you after the first down, almost to the letter. I knew Tress would just be content to sit around and put on another field goal. It's so darn frustrating to sit there and know OSU will run it up the gut and be stopped.

One other play that got me, why did OSU decline the call on the last kickoff of the first half. Wouldn't Texas have had to rekick if OSU accepted. If you make Texas kick again, that just gives Ginn another chance to run one back. Granted the chance that it happens is 1,000:1, but I thought it was stupid to not even give him a chance. Please correct me if I'm wrong and there wouldn't have been another kick, I'm not positive that's the case.

MWM
09-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Heck, one of the biggest plays of the game was Hawks personla foul on the kickoff right before halftime. That allowed them to get into field goal range when they probably had little chance to score before half. That was a bonehead move by Hawk.

paintmered
09-11-2005, 12:07 AM
One other play that got me, why did OSU decline the call on the last kickoff of the first half. Wouldn't Texas have had to rekick if OSU accepted. If you make Texas kick again, that just gives Ginn another chance to run one back. Granted the chance that it happens is 1,000:1, but I thought it was stupid to not even give him a chance. Please correct me if I'm wrong and there wouldn't have been another kick, I'm not positive that's the case.

Yes, they would have had to re-kick it with no time left on the clock. Any smart coach also would also squib kick in that situation to prevent a possible TD return.

forfreelin04
09-11-2005, 12:07 AM
MVM, I have very rarely agreed with you on anything Reds related but we see eye to eye on football. This loss is on Tressel and his sweater vest conservatism. How many times did we throw the ball down field? I cannot recall even an attempt except for the only touchdown we had! Furthermore, Teddy Ginn was a non factor. Last week versus Miami the offense seemed to be almost catered to his talents. I think he converted one first down and had a decent kickoff return. It was almost like we were trying to mimic Texas's offense. I love it how we can never put teams away doesnt matter what team it is. Bottom line though, I feel bad for the defense, hats off to the linebacking trio tonight.

ochre
09-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Heck, one of the biggest plays of the game was Hawks personla foul on the kickoff right before halftime. That allowed them to get into field goal range when they probably had little chance to score before half. That was a bonehead move by Hawk.
Except it was Chad Hoobler that did it.

Caseyfan21
09-11-2005, 12:11 AM
MVM, I have very rarely agreed with you on anything Reds related but we see eye to eye on football. This loss is on Tressel and his sweater vest conservatism. How many times did we throw the ball down field? I cannot recall even an attempt except for the only touchdown we had! Furthermore, Teddy Ginn was a non factor. Last week versus Miami the offense seemed to be almost catered to his talents. I think he converted one first down and had a decent kickoff return. It was almost like we were trying to mimic Texas's offense. I love it how we can never put teams away doesnt matter what team it is. Bottom line though, I feel bad for the defense, hats off to the linebacking trio tonight.

If there is anyone on this board that doesn't agree with this, then they were watching a different game tonight.

MWM
09-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Except it was Chad Hoobler that did it.

Ah. i wasn't sure who it was, but i thought they announced #47 and I thought that was Hawk. Still a boneheaded move and one that came back to bite them.

ochre
09-11-2005, 12:15 AM
You know what totally left me with a foul impression of Texas football? Every single one of their running backs would rather run out of bounds than to fight for an extra yard. A 270 lbs tailback goes airborne to avoid Ashton Youbouty? Their smaller Freshman repeatedly ran out of bounds to avoid contact, several times coming up short of a first down. I'd bench my running back if I saw that crap.

ochre
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Ah. i wasn't sure who it was, but i thought they announced #47 and I thought that was Hawk. Still a boneheaded move and one that came back to bite them.
Yep. He's young though and young defensive players will make stupid aggressive mistakes. I think he was retaliating after getting shoved while standing out of bounds. Stupid to retaliate in that situation.

MWM
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
That's true, ochre. OSU's defense out a hurting on their offense tonight and showed them what smash mouth football is all about.

I still can't believe Texas actually won that game.

forfreelin04
09-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Well I'm pretty steamed about the loss, but I will forgive OSU if the Bengals beat the Browns at 1. My last point:
OSU won it's national championship because the team was fit for Tressel's kind of game. Tressel likes to use the running game and control the clock. Clarrett gave him that. He also had a QB in Krenzel who never made a mental mistake, had nerves of steel, and probably knew the play book better than Tressel. This 2005 team is very different as anyone should know. People think Tressel has opened up the playbook by spreading out the offense. WRONG all he has done has made a 3 wide Receiver set CONSERVATIVE. It's actually quite unbelievable he has managed to make this offense conservative with this much talent. My advice to Jim: you have arguably the most exciting player on a college football field in Ginn, maybe the best receiver in the nation in Holmes, and a quarterback controversy that many teams would love to have SOOOOOOOOOO THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD. You cannot rely on short little passes and option plays to win ball games. You are basically relying on your player with the football's ability to juke (sp) 3 or 4 would be tacklers. Sad thing is, now that the national title is out of the question he probably will allows the offense to throw the ball down field.

jmcclain19
09-11-2005, 12:37 AM
You know what totally left me with a foul impression of Texas football? Every single one of their running backs would rather run out of bounds than to fight for an extra yard. A 270 lbs tailback goes airborne to avoid Ashton Youbouty? Their smaller Freshman repeatedly ran out of bounds to avoid contact, several times coming up short of a first down. I'd bench my running back if I saw that crap.

The last run for the non-touchdown was a perfect example of this. Gary Donalson even lit the guy up over it, telling him a 270lb running back should put his head down and go for it.

jmcclain19
09-11-2005, 12:42 AM
And if Teddy Ginn is as important and as talented as the media makes him out to be, it's a crime that the stats show that he touched the ball a grand total of seven times this game.

1 run, 2 catches, 3 kickoff returns and 1 punt return. 88 of his 95 total yards were from returns. Quite pathetic. Use your weapons. Don't let the other team mute them.

Caveat Emperor
09-11-2005, 01:21 AM
1 run, 2 catches, 3 kickoff returns and 1 punt return. 88 of his 95 total yards were from returns. Quite pathetic. Use your weapons. Don't let the other team mute them.

Which just proves my point that even the best weapon in the world goes down a notch in my book if the guy that has to give him the football is mediocre.

You could have Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Chad Johnson as your wideouts, but if you're depending on A.J. Feeley as your QB, none of those guys are going to be nearly as productive as they could be.

I was surprised they didn't try to run more bubble/flanker screens to get him the ball in space, or line him up in the backfield to try and create mismatches. That's a lack of creativity by Jim Tressel.

KronoRed
09-11-2005, 01:45 AM

Like an enraged monkey?

Edit:

Aww Pedro beat me to it ;)

GAC
09-11-2005, 06:53 AM
I've never been a big fan of Tressel. I think he's been lucky as much as he's been good. I absolutely can't stand his approach to coaching. Unfortunately, I think he'll be around for a LONG time.

I watched that entire second half, even as our defense was playing excellent ball, and watching us blow scoring opportunities by trading TDs for FGs, and knew we were gonna end up losing this game.

And I put the blame solely on Tressel.... his switching back and forth between QB's when Smith should have stayed in the game... and his conservative play calling (gotta protect that 6 pt lead!!).

And we had excellent field position for most of that game too, thanks to the Texas kicking game.

IMO - the turning point in this game was at the end of the 3rd quarter when the Bucks were at mid-field and had 3rd and 3. Zwick was at QB, and Smith should have been brought into the game to not only give us more options; but to also make the Texas "D" second guess in that situation. Instead, Tressel calls a pass play where our guy was completely covered. Texas had pretty much shut our WR's down for most of the night.

And Ginn touching the ball a total of 7 times is an absolute sin!

AJ Hawke, and the rest of our linebacking corp, played their butts off - and IMO, are the best in college FB right now. I feel for them right now.

Oh well - losing by 3 to the #2 team in the nation (which we had beat) isn't gonna hurt us too bad in the polls. If that is any consolation. :rolleyes:

GAC
09-11-2005, 06:58 AM

I yelled the same while in bed - and my wife woke up screaming "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" :lol:

Go back to sleep dear - Tressel is.

Heath
09-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey, guess what? I woke up this morning and the sun is shining.

I guess life does continue after a Buckeyes loss!! :D

MWM
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I woke and I'm still pissed. It's been a while since that's happened.

It was a bad day of college football yesterday.

Spring~Fields
09-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Different players, different year, lots of fine diverse talent, same old predictable looking offense of missed opportunity. Texas and the Buckeyes defense did everything they could to hand a win to Ohio State. Tressel appears fixated to make something work that hasn't worked in his play calling since he came to Ohio State.

MWM and GAC covered the rest perfectly..........I'll just add the scream :rant2:

BuckeyeRed27
09-11-2005, 12:57 PM
You can blame Tressel all you want, but you really should blame Ryan Hamby. He dropped the ball twice in the end zone. You are a senior. You are a leader on the team. You have a chance to pretty much ice the game. And you drop the ball not once..but twice. He hangs onto that and nothing else matters.

The conservative play calling had a lot to do with those defenses. You can't throw the ball downfield when the safety's are back and a 4 man rush is getting to the QB. Both teams had that problem and that's why there were so many field goals.

Ginn should have definately gotten the ball more though. Even when they are trying to stop him and have 2 or 3 guys keying on him he still has that chance to break a 50 yard gain or more.

The PI calls in that game were an absolute joke.

How many times was Texas called for holding?

Bottom line in that game though was that Texas didn't win it OSU lost it. Too many chances. Coaching wasn't the problem execution was.

Spring~Fields
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Tressels offensive teams at Ohio State have had problems with scoring and "execution". Even during the championship year it was remarkable how many games that they won even though the offense was notrious for scoring little and it was the defense and kicking teams, special teams that came up big for them even then.

BuckeyeRed27
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
The NC team didn't have that much talent on offense. This team does.

Red Heeler
09-11-2005, 06:24 PM
The NC team didn't have that much talent on offense. This team does.

Eh, almost the entire starting 11 on offense are playing in the NFL right now or will be next year. MoC looked like a sure Heisman winner. That team had plenty of firepower.

BuckeyeRed27
09-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm not saying that team didn't have firepower. Just not as much as this team does.

The biggest problem with the NC team was that Krenzel wasn't a good passer. I liked him a lot, but he wasn't a good passer. That led to the lack of execution and the need to have a really good D and special teams.

This offense should be explosive and will be. They just missed chances last night.