5) Sean Combs, aka Puff Daddy, aka P Diddy, aka Diddy, aka whomever
4) Colin Farrell
3) Janice Dickenson
2) Jonny Fairplay
1) Barry Bonds

Edit: Ashton Kutcher was my #5, but I realized I find Sean Combs more annoying

KittyDuran
09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Haven't heard much lately on Paris Hilton... :)

MWM
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
All of them, although Kutcher would occupy #1-5 on my list.

WMR
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Dr. Phil has to be in there somewhere

Reds4Life
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Tom Cruise has to be on the list too.

KronoRed
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Tom Cruise has to be on the list too.

Spots 1-50 for me.

Unassisted
09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Anyone associated with American Idol.
Oprah
David Spade
Michael Strahan
Steven Cojocaru from Entertainment Tonight

Tom Cruise gets a pass, since he went into hiding after his movie bombed.

pedro
09-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise
Dr. Phil
Donald Trump

RFS62
09-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Tom Cruise
Donald Trump
Paris Hilton
Ashton Moore
Dr. Phil

OldRightHander
09-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Any actor or singer who acts like an expert on anything other than acting and singing. Streisand is pretty high on that list with her comments about the hurricanes being due to global warming. I guess she's also a meteriorologist now in addition to her many other talents. Basically, any of them that can't keep themselves from spewing political rubbish every time they have an audience.

The Baumer
09-27-2005, 02:02 AM
I don't know why but I cringe anytime Annette Benning walks on screen.

macro
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
5. Joe Simpson (Jessica's and Ashlee's dad)
4. Ashlee Simpson
3. Terrell Owens
2. Jessica Simpson (Can't stand to watch her sing)
1. Rush Limbaugh (Hush, Limbaugh!)

WMR
09-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Macro, couldn't you just say "The Simpson Clan?" LOL: Why leave out Nick Lachey?

RedsBaron
09-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Any actor or singer who acts like an expert on anything other than acting and singing. Streisand is pretty high on that list with her comments about the hurricanes being due to global warming. I guess she's also a meteriorologist now in addition to her many other talents. Basically, any of them that can't keep themselves from spewing political rubbish every time they have an audience.
I agree with that. If a celebrity has actually studied an issue, then, regardless of his or her views, I don't find such comments, in the appropriate setting, to be annoying. What I find annoying is the celebrity who has no knowledge about the subject and who decides to use an inappropriate forum to orate about the matter. In other words, an Oscar telecast is not a political forum IMO-just give away or accept the awards and sit down.

RedsBaron
09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Tom Cruise
Donald Trump
Paris Hilton
Ashton Moore
Dr. Phil
Can't argue with that list. Cruise is an idiot and I've never understood why anyone wants to listen to Trump.

letsgojunior
09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
The Simpson Sisters
Paris Hilton
Nicole Richie
Courtney Love
Tara Reid

LoganBuck
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Simpson Family Tree
Streisand is there anything she doesn't know about?
Baldwin Family
Gilbert Goedfried(sp?) that voice!
RosieO

Bonus Ellen Degeneris she is like nails on a blackboard to me. Her delivery and style of speaking drives me nuts.

I agree that celebrities need to stick to what they know and leave serious discussions to the grown ups. It is really hard to orate on global warming while riding in a Hummer stretch limo, and have any credibility.

RBA
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Ron Silverman
Fred Thompson
Patricia Heaton
Bill O'Reilly
Rush Limbaugh

Blimpie
09-27-2005, 09:22 AM
How's this for a 1-2 punch...

Omarosa-Manigault-Jingleheimer-Schmidt

and

Carlton Fisk

GAC
09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
None of them really annoy me since I ignore most of them anyway. But if I had to make a list....

Rosie O'Donnell
Oprah
Jane Fonda
Martin Sheen
Terrell Owens

savafan
09-27-2005, 11:00 AM
The Simpson Sisters

What do you have against Maggie and Lisa? :p:

Johnny Footstool
09-27-2005, 11:26 AM
The barely talented and disturbingly mannish-faced Simpson sisters are on my list.

Developmentally challenged party girl Paris Hilton is also on the list.

Joe Morgan's pomposity is quite annoying. He bears a grudge against anyone who ever looked at him crooked.

Jimmy Fallon (with his uncanny ability to giggle like a girl and make unfunny material seem twice as awful) is way up there on the list.

But the crown belongs to the "Blue Collar Comedy" boys for parlaying their moderately enjoyable (except for Bill Engvall) stand-up routines into an insipid sketch comedy show that makes "Sonny and Cher" seem cerebral by comparison. Plus Wal-Mart is selling dolls in their likeness.

savafan
09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Jimmy Fallon (with his uncanny ability to giggle like a girl and make unfunny material seem twice as awful) is way up there on the list.

I agree with this one. I'd almost add his partner in crime Horatio Sanz.

MWM
09-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Agree on Fallon. He's never been funny. I can't believe he's in Band of Brothers.

registerthis
09-27-2005, 12:33 PM
The list begins and ends with Paris Hilton. True, there are other celebrities who are annoying, or who have annoying tendencies.

But no one, as of yet, has even been able to tell me WHY Paris Hilton is famous. She has no talent, she's not that attractive, and she's dumber than the proverbial box 'o rocks. If it's simply that she's the daughter of a wealthy family...well, there's no shortage of those. I just can't figure it out.

Blimpie
09-27-2005, 12:47 PM
The list begins and ends with Paris Hilton. True, there are other celebrities who are annoying, or who have annoying tendencies.

But no one, as of yet, has even been able to tell me WHY Paris Hilton is famous. She has no talent, she's not that attractive, and she's dumber than the proverbial box 'o rocks. If it's simply that she's the daughter of a wealthy family...well, there's no shortage of those. I just can't figure it out.I wish people would stop making fun of Paris Hilton. To me, she's just a nice girl from a nice family....Wait a minute. Nice girl?.....nice family?....Why, SHE'S A HOOK-ER!

GAC
09-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Can I add to my list?....

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/1/123125/2091444/2091479/031203_MARTHASTEWART.jpg

And now we gotta watch Cybill Shepherd playing her in a TV movie about the rough time she had in prison. :rolleyes:

RBA
09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I forgot Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood and any other no-talent performers who takes a tradegy like 9-11 and uses it for their person gain and profit.

GAC
09-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I forgot Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood and any other no-talent performers who takes a tradegy like 9-11 and uses it for their person gain and profit.

Always trying to walk that fine line aren't we? :rolleyes:

macro
09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
But the crown belongs to the "Blue Collar Comedy" boys for parlaying their moderately enjoyable (except for Bill Engvall) stand-up routines into an insipid sketch comedy show that makes "Sonny and Cher" seem cerebral by comparison. Plus Wal-Mart is selling dolls in their likeness.

Oh my gosh, how could I leave Engvall and Foxworthy off my list?! I grab the remote any time I see or hear either of them. Larry the cable Guy's act is starting to wear thin, as well, but I can still take him any day over those other two.

macro
09-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Macro, couldn't you just say "The Simpson Clan?" LOL: Why leave out Nick Lachey?

You have a point, but for some reason Nick doesn't annoy me as much as the others. Maybe I'm prejudiced because he's a Reds fan?

I wonder if he has ever visited RedsZone? It wouldn't surprise me if he had.

RBA
09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Always trying to walk that fine line aren't we? :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself and others like you. As you may of missed it, those on the right were walking the fine line before I put my two cents in. Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.

savafan
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Speak for yourself and others like you. As you may of missed it, those on the right were walking the fine line before I put my two cents in. Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.

Don't turn this into a political spat. You said your part on the thread topic, please, let it go at that.

RBA
09-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Don't turn this into a political spat. You said your part on the thread topic, please, let it go at that.

Hey, don't bash the repub celebrities. I got the message. thanks

registerthis
09-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Lee Greenwood is a no-talent hack.

I literally cringe everytime "proud To Be an American" is played at a ballgame.

MWM
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I agree on God Bless the USA being played out clear back in 1991. But "no-talent hack" is a pretty good description for most people who have made it in the music business over the last couple of decades.

savafan
09-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I agree on God Bless the USA being played out clear back in 1991.

I'll concur on this as well. It seems as though every time there's a war or national tragedy this becomes our anthem.

LoganBuck
09-27-2005, 02:37 PM
"Liberal Celebrities" is that like an oxymoron? Aren't most celebrities liberal anyway?

I few to add to the list:
Alicia Silverstone we haven't seen her in a while, but wow, she is an awful actress.
Renee Zellweger - look at me I am frumpy!
Is Carrot Top a celebrity?
David Arquette
No one mentioned the Jackson Family, I would rather watch the Simpson's every day of the week over those freaks.
Brittney Spears
The Rolling Stones will these guys just die already. They have been geezers since I was a kid twenty years ago.
Trev Alberts
Bob Griese
John Madden I no longer watch MNF because of him.

macro
09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.

Hey, I listed Rush Limbaugh #1 on my list! :D

Seriously, though, let's steer away from the political commentary, and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular. If including Limbaugh on my list makes me guilty, then I'll apologize and edit my post. I think it's the added commentary and not necessarily the inclusion of a name on a list that has rocked the boat in this thread, however. But like I said, perhaps I'm as guilty as anyone.

LoganBuck
09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Two more Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay from the food network. People are just not supposed to be that happy about organic coffee, or ancho chillies.

RBA
09-27-2005, 02:42 PM
For further political discussion:

http://lastperson.suncircle.org/index.php/topic,131.0.html

And I'll let it go at that.

RedsBaron
09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Until RBA's first post on this thread, most of the celebrities being named were not primarily known for their political positions, as far as I know. Up to that point, I counted four mentions of Paris Hilton, 6 of Tom Cruise, 4 of Dr. Phil, 3 of Donald Trump, and at least four separate posts mentioning various members of the Simpson family (Oh, there had already been one mention of Rush Limbaugh). I have no idea as to what the political persuasions are of Hilton, Cruise, Dr. Phil, Trump or the whole Simpson clan.
As for walking a "fine line," I made a point in one of my posts of not naming any particular celebrity when I commented on my dislike for celebrities going on about their political views on award shows and the like. I don't care what their views are--it is an inappropriate forum IMO and, yeah, it is annoying. I don't watch the Oscars or a country music awards show or anything similar to hear someone's political rant, liberal or conservative.

RBA
09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
My reply will be on the last person thread.

OldRightHander
09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, I think I was the first person to mention celebrities spouting their political views, but I didn't think it would lead to this. I don't care what side of the political fence a celebrity is, they all annoy me when they use the forum they have to bash the other side, whatever side that may be. Streisand still tops my list just because she always makes herself out to be an expert on whatever hot topic is in the public forum at the moment. One day she's going on about how the hurricanes were caused by global warming and tomorrow she will sound off on something else she doesn't have a clue about. It's one thing to voice an opinion. Just don't do it on stage at the Oscars.

Chip R
09-27-2005, 03:28 PM
That does it.

zombie-a-go-go
09-27-2005, 03:29 PM

What he said.