PDA

View Full Version : Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities

savafan
09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---26859,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Although the Internet has been abuzz with the supposed identities of the two "Spider-Man 3" villains to be played by Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace, Sony and Marvel have kept the names under wraps.

Now Mary Jane herself has confirmed Spidey's latest nemeses.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," says Kirsten Dunst while promoting her film "Elizabethtown."

Blimpie
09-27-2005, 11:29 AM
I guess that Kristin "Dunce" IS as stupid as she appears in public. I'm sure that the fine folks that produced "Elizabethtown" are tickled pink that she's getting ink talking about Spider Man 3.

GAC
09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I was hoping it would be the Lizard since the teacher was in Spidey 2. Darn!

savafan
09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I've heard that Harry Osborn will become Green Goblin II by the end of the next movie as well.

GAC
09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
But who ends up getting Mary Jane? That's what I want to know. ;)

She grew up in an indiana town
Had a good lookiní momma who never was around
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them indiana boys on an indiana night

Well she moved down here at the age of 18
She blew the boys away, it was more than theyíd se en
I was introduced and we both started grooviní
She said, I dig you baby but I got to keep moviní
...on, keep moviní on

Last dance with mary jane
One more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepiní in and iím
Tired of this town again

Well I donít know what Iíve been told
You never slow down, you never grow old
Iím tired of screwing up, Iím tired of goiní down
Iím tire of myself, Iím tired of this town
Oh my my, oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come ícause I canít stay long

Tired of this town again

T hereís pidgeons down in market square
Sheís standiní in her underwear
Lookiní down from a hotel room
Nightfall will be cominí soon
Oh my my, oh hell yes
Youíve got to put on that party dress
It was too cold to cry when I woke up al one
I hit the last number, I walked to the road

Tired of this town again

zombie-a-go-go
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I was hoping it would be the Lizard since the teacher was in Spidey 2. Darn!

You and me both.

And if I never see that Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers GG costume they used in the first Spider-Man film again, that'll be fine with me.

WMR
09-27-2005, 12:16 PM
What they really need to do is replace Dunst w/ someone who is actually hot.

Mary Jane is supposed to be good looking. That chick who plays the secretary at the Daily Bugle in the spidey movies is better looking that Kiersten.

Whenever I see that snaggle tooth I wince.

That's the biggest problem I've had with the Spidey Movies: Dunst is a bad mary jane.

Puffy
09-27-2005, 12:22 PM
First, I kinda think Kirsten is hot.

Second, I'm not sure about the Venom thing. First off, to properly do Venom the whole movie should be dedicated to just him. Peter Parker needs to find the suit first, use it, etc. I'm not sure its a good idea to team Venom with another villian, just because you won't be able to properly dedicate the time.

Third, I am wicked excited for this movie in any event.

Chip R
09-27-2005, 12:29 PM
First, I kinda think Kirsten is hot.

:KoolAid:

Puffy
09-27-2005, 12:38 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1070272/main1.jpg

WMR
09-27-2005, 12:54 PM
http://www.kirstenfan.com/galleries/appearances/maidinman1202/002.jpg

That's how I see her.

WMR
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Elizabeth Banks, the secretary of the daily bugle:

http://images.zap2it.com/20040706/spiderman2pr/008_elizabethbanks2_spiderman2pr.jpg

http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0703/images/pro05.gif

WAY WAY WAYYYYY hotter than Kiersten Dunst.

If I can find a chick in the SAME MOVIE who is hotter than Mary Jane's character, well then, my friend, you have cast yourself the wrong Mary Jane! ;)

WMR
09-27-2005, 01:10 PM
It's like Tyson v. Spinks. A first-round TKO baby!! ;)

Chip R
09-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Elizabeth Banks, the secretary of the daily bugle:

WAY WAY WAYYYYY hotter than Kiersten Dunst.

If I can find a chick in the SAME MOVIE who is hotter than Mary Jane's character, well then, my friend, you have cast yourself the wrong Mary Jane! ;)

She's a pretty girl, all right. But there's something - or should I say somethings - lacking there. :devil:

ochre
09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm confused. So Thomas Hayden Church is going to play the Beyonder?

WMR
09-27-2005, 02:01 PM
She's a pretty girl, all right. But there's something - or should I say somethings - lacking there. :devil:

LMAO!!

Johnny Footstool
09-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Peter Parker needs to find the suit first, use it, etc. I'm not sure its a good idea to team Venom with another villian, just because you won't be able to properly dedicate the time.

The first Batman franchise went down that road, throwing multiple villains into the mix for some unknown reason (trying to sell more action figures, I guess). It's a bad, bad plan for the very reason Puffy pointed out -- you can't devote enough time to the villains' stories.

And from what it sounds like, they're planning to make more than three Spidey movies. Another bad move. Audiences love trilogies -- beginning, middle, and end. Beyond that, the character arc gets boring.

That's disappointing, because the first two Spidey movies have done a fantastic job of creating a character arc and setting up a final conclusion.

WVRed
09-27-2005, 04:43 PM
It still ends up being a good movie in the end. I was disappointed with the choice of Doc Ock, but it was still a good movie.

I think it would be about time to toy with Peters love interests and give Mary Jane some competition. Get Gwen Stacy or Felicia Hardy(might make a good lead in to a Black Cat for the next movie) in there somewhere.

Puffy
01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to bring this back to the top as more and more confirmation has come out that Church is The Sandman and Grace is Venom.

I can still only hope that Grace has signed on for the next two and doesn't hook up with the symbiote suit until the end, using this movie to set up Venom as the villian in the 4th installment.

westofyou
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Church is The Sandman and Grace is Venom.Lowell and Eric take on the Spiderman. Eric drives the Vista Cruiser that Lowell has souped up into a villinous death ride.

Puffy
01-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Lowell and Eric take on the Spiderman. Eric drives the Vista Cruiser that Lowell has souped up into a villinous death ride.

Lowell Mather as The Sandman

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/spidey3110605.jpg

Looks like he has been buffing up.

westofyou
01-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Looks like he has been buffing up.Jimmy Stewart didn't juice

TRF
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Gotta admit, he looks the part.

Puffy
01-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Gotta admit, he looks the part.

Yup.

Also read that Peter Parker will indeed be wearing the symbiote suit first. Should be action packed with all these villians (including Harry Osborne as the Hobgoblin) and Petey finding and battling with the suit.

deltachi8
01-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Jimmy Stewart didn't juice

just prune juice

Puffy
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Now I have to go to Books-a-Million and read up on The Sandman and Venom (although I know Venom's story pretty well). This book rawks for that kind of thing.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/spiderman.jpg

ochre
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Yup.

Also read that Peter Parker will indeed be wearing the symbiote suit first. Should be action packed with all these villians (including Harry Osborne as the Hobgoblin) and Petey finding and battling with the suit.
I think the Hobgoblin was a different cat. Harry was GG2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Osborn) .

Will Church turn into the sandman after a chick beats the hell out of him with a motorcycle helmet?

Puffy
01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the Hobgoblin was a different cat. Harry was GG2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Osborn) .

Will Church turn into the sandman after a chick beats the hell out of him with a motorcycle helmet?

In the next movie Harry is the Hobgoblin.

http://www.freezedriedmovies.com/news/index.php?Action=Full&NewsID=3355

TRF
01-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Puffy, Harry was never Hobgoblin.

I hate creative license.

Puffy
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM

I hate creative license.

I know - but in the next movie Harry is the Hobgoblin. I'm not saying its correct, but it is what it is.

KronoRed
01-05-2006, 04:52 PM
They probably think too many Goblins and the audience will get confused

Sadly..they are right about 85% of them.

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2006, 05:22 PM
They probably think too many Goblins and the audience will get confused

Maybe the producers realized that the Goblin suit from the first movie looked like a Power Rangers villain, and they decided to go in a different direction.

Or maybe they want a new-looking villain in order to sell more toys.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B...

Puffy
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe the producers realized that the Goblin suit from the first movie looked like a Power Rangers villain, and they decided to go in a different direction.

Or maybe they want a new-looking villain in order to sell more toys.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B...

Or not - this is also from Freezedriedmovies.com:

Basically the costume design in Spiderman 3 is a disaster, just like Mr. Green Goblin in the first Spidey. Our scooper writes in, "If you thought the first 'Spiderman' was bad in terms of development, just wait until you see the next film. The first problem is with Venom's costume, which Spiderman wears first. Instead of being pure black, they took a bit from the comic and gave it a disgusting purple tint. In the comic the reason for the tint was to Venom stood out in the shadows, but in film there's no reason for this. Now I've actually seen the costume designs and they're terrible. The purple looks awful.

And yes it gets much, much worse. All I can say about the Hobgoblin outfit is "yikes"! He looks like a skateboarder or something."

Tony Cloninger
01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
They completely bypassed The Lizard...i think ...beacuse the actor playing Dr. Connors, is not well known, young and hip.

What i do not understand is why Gwen Stacy was not even involved in the 1st one. Can anyone give me a clue?

Puffy
01-18-2006, 04:22 PM
They completely bypassed The Lizard...i think ...beacuse the actor playing Dr. Connors, is not well known, young and hip.

What i do not understand is why Gwen Stacy was not even involved in the 1st one. Can anyone give me a clue?

Maybe, maybe not - Alfred Molina wasn't well known and he made a heck of a Doc Ock. I think the Lizard will eventually be a villian.

As for the Gwen Stacy question I have no idea why they left her out.

Tony Cloninger
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Some villians that would fun to see.... Morbious, who was in Spider Man #99-100... when Spidey grew the extra arms.

The Schocker.............. and Rhino (John Goodman anyone?)

SteelSD
01-18-2006, 07:56 PM

I hate creative license.

Sure he was- Ultimate Spider Man #72-78.

If no one has figured this out, the Spider Man movies are a combination of the Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man universes. The Ultimate universe is where the real artistic license is being applied and the movie universe is the hybrid result.

Tony C.- In the Ultimate universe, Gwen Stacy and Peter never dated and she simply wasn't a real big player in the storyline even before Carnage killed her. If Gwen shows up at all in the flicks, it'll most likely be as a way to cause some kind of tension between Pete and MJ before Gwen is offed by whomever Spidey's major bad guy is.

And if you want to know the most likely scenario for the origin of Venom in the next flick, the Ultimate universe is where you'll probably find it (USM #33-39). Unfortunately, an alien symbiote from Secret Wars is just a titch too darn over-the-top to play on film. ;)

And yeah, Morbius would be cool. And I think the Scorpion would play very well on-screen. Personally, I'd like to see Man-Wolf or the Lizard show up considering that we've already met the characters.

Falls City Beer
01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Dunst confirms that she is, in fact, a butterface.

Tony Cloninger
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM
I totally forgot about the Scorpion.............. that is a good one.

Mysterio
Ka-Zar
The Vulture
Hammerhead

When JJ Jameson goes nuts and goes after Spidey in the armor type costume.
I totally forgot how that came about.

I have or have had SP from #33.... all the way to #171

I had the one where Gwen Stacy died and The Goblin died.
I had #99.

This was all in the late 70's......... i sold most of my collection in the late 80's.

I stopped reading Spider-Man by the time i hit 18 in 1985.
I never followed the Venom years....and all the different ways it branched out.

I always got Marvel Team Up and The Spectacular Spider-Man.
Had #1 of SSM with the Tarantula. LOL.... all these old heroes and villians who appeared once or twice than were gone... brings back memories.

Most of my collection consists of The Avengers.... The Invaders ... Captain America and the Falcon..... Daredevil..... Ghost Rider.

All of these are all from the late middle 60's to middle 70's.
Nothing past 1977-78.

ochre
01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
They need to do the Spidey Wolverine team up.

David Hasselhof would be perfect as the Beyonder though.
http://eil.com/newGallery/David-Hasselhoff-Sings-America-276038.jpg

Falls City Beer
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Scorpion rocks, Lizard rocks. Mysterio blows. What a wuss he was.

And I freakin' adore Doc Ock. I'll never forgive Raimi for that idiotic Green Goblin suit.

SteelSD
01-18-2006, 10:29 PM
They need to do the Spidey Wolverine team up.

Eh. I dunno. The idea seems good, but the two never really meshed (and Todd McFarlane BUTCHERED a Spidey/Wolverine team-up) although they could do the whole thing as if Spidey were just continually annoying the crap out of Logan.

What I'd really like to see is a cameo by Thomas Jane as the Punisher. That would be a super homage to the classic ASM line.

Probably couldn't introduce the Punisher the same way they did in ASM 129 (it would take a longer appearance for that). But I think it would be great if Spidey swung into a crime hideout after hearing shooting and saw the Punisher take a bunch of bad guys out. The Punisher would just turn around, point a laser-sighted rifle at him and simply utter the word, "Out."

Be a good way to pump up fans for the Punisher sequel as well.

As a side note, Jane is a self-proclaimed comic book geek and he's created a book for Image Comics (Bad Planet) and is currently writing it. Here's a good article for anyone who's interested:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/features/112819201954566.htm

TRF
01-19-2006, 10:43 AM
What I'd really like to see is a cameo by Thomas Jane as the Punisher. That would be a super homage to the classic ASM line.

Outstanding idea! That film was very good, and though i love the scenes in the comic of how Castle's family died, especially the kite, the movie didn't stray too far. And Jane was fantastic as Frank Castle.

The current Spidey storyline "The Other" is fantastic. Spidey has been undergoing a massive change over the past two years that Marvel is handling very carefully.

Puffy
01-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Scorpion rocks, Lizard rocks. Mysterio blows. What a wuss he was.

And I freakin' adore Doc Ock. I'll never forgive Raimi for that idiotic Green Goblin suit.

See what I posted earlier - supposedly the Hobgoblin and Venom suits are atrocious.

Oh well.

SteelSD
01-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Outstanding idea! That film was very good, and though i love the scenes in the comic of how Castle's family died, especially the kite, the movie didn't stray too far. And Jane was fantastic as Frank Castle.

The current Spidey storyline "The Other" is fantastic. Spidey has been undergoing a massive change over the past two years that Marvel is handling very carefully.

I boycott any storyline that I can only follow via multi-title crossovers. I'll wait for the TPB instead. And I'm sure I'll spend at least 15 minutes reading it at Barnes and Noble before putting it back where I found it.

Spidey has stingers? Uh...no. Bad. Bad idea. Hate it. Very bad. Fonzie on waterskis bad.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but the whole storyline just reeked of sensationalism from the get-go.

I'm a big Marvel fan- much moreso than DC. Always have been that way. But Marvel is getting its rear-end kicked (and hard) by the latest DC storylines.

ochre
01-19-2006, 05:09 PM
the House of M wasn't too good was it?

SteelSD
01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
the House of M wasn't too good was it?

No. Frankly it sucked. Marvel spent more time marketing variant cover editions of that mini-series than they did on story development. In fact, that may have been the single-most irrelevant story I've ever read, excepting Wanda's "No more mutants" spell (which could have easily been done in regular continuity in a single panel of New Avengers or X-Men). Quesada and Co. knew they needed a hit to counter DC's big "Crisis" lineup and they layed a huge egg.

"Daredevil: Father" stinks. Quesada used to be good at something but I'm not sure he remembers what that was anymore. Kevin Smith finally got back around to finishing the Black Cat/Spidey mini series that no one has cared about for a year. "Secret War" was a huge crapfest even if every issue would have been released on time. They're finally starting to get back to some decent continuity on the X-Men titles, but they're moving sloooooww. I'm nearly beyond caring about "X-Men: The End" mega series because it's become so twisted. "The Sentry" series is just an exercise in trying to make that character "fit" who doesn't, and they handed it to the wrong artist (John Romita Jr.).

I have some hope for "X-Men: Deadly Genesis", but the first two issues of that mini series is just plodding along. Astonishing X-Men hasn't been released in what seems like two months.

The best stuff there is being done in the Ulimate universe, but U-Iron Man might as well be considered a quarterly release at this point. Kirkman and Land did a FANTASTIC job on Ultimate FF recently- inspiring the "Marvel Zombies" spinoff (hilarious). I don't know where New Avengers is going and, apparantly, neither does Marvel even if it is a blast to see Frank Cho drawing a mainstream book. Daredevil (with a hon mention to Runaways) is probably the best book Marvel has going in it's regular universe and that speaks volumes as to how completely screwed up they are right now. I've got some interest in the Wolverine title now that he's got his memory back, but how it plays out is going to be the litmus test.

In contrast, everything DC is touching has seemingly turned to gold. Identity Crisis and it's tie-in mini series rocked. Infinite Crisis is a complete blast (can't put issue #4 down). Y-The Last man is one of the top five books going right now and it has nothing to do with super heroes. The first two issues of All-Star Superman has been great and All-Star Batman is a gritty update of the Dark Knight. The re-launch of Jonah Hex is a worthy read. Even their WildStorm imprint stuff is good (Captain Atom is underrated).

And there isn't an ongoing series released by Marvel that's as good as Kirkman's "The Walking Dead" (Image). Sigh.

TRF
01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
way disagree with you on Spidey. "The Other" is exactly the kind of life the books needed. Spiderman was getting bread wrapper left open for a week kind of stale. Adding him to the Avengers was a good start. Having half a dozen heroes know his identity is another good start. Seeing him interact with Steve Rogers out of costume, with Peter obviously uncomfortable around him and Tony Stark (awestruck) is just great. Being jealous of Logan, the whole conversation between Luke and Peter trying to figure out who Echo is. New Avengers can be a really good book.

Plus I like the idea of making peter question his own origin. The thought that his powers are mystical in origin instead of science based makes for turning his world upside down kind of fun to watch. It's like he has to learn everything all over again, and instead of Reed Richards, he needs Dr. Strange. It opens a whole new world of villains for him, and quite frankly, I'm sick of the same old bad guys.

And yes, House of M sucked, but that's ok... DeciMation is worse.

Johnny Footstool
01-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Hopefully, the return of Apocalypse will breathe some life back into the X-titles. Sunfire is now a Horseman, and so is another major X-man (it's supposed to be a secret, but there were hints a couple of months ago).

Lately, the X-books have been wrapped up in soap-opera garbage (Rogue/Gambit/Mystique and Lorna/Bobby/Alex), so hopefully they'll turn a corner this year and get back to the super-powered violence.

SteelSD
01-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Hopefully, the return of Apocalypse will breathe some life back into the X-titles. Sunfire is now a Horseman, and so is another major X-man (it's supposed to be a secret, but there were hints a couple of months ago).

Lately, the X-books have been wrapped up in soap-opera garbage (Rogue/Gambit/Mystique and Lorna/Bobby/Alex), so hopefully they'll turn a corner this year and get back to the super-powered violence.

They have super powers in those books? Hard to tell being that they've gone all "Days of Our Lives" on us (you're spot-on).

And if there's one member of that group I'm just flat out sick of the writers screwing over, it's Bobby Drake. First it looked like he lost his powers in the whole mutant purge. But no! He didn't really lose them. He was just too insecure for them to manifest so Emma had to "tweak" his brain to get them back. Rubbish. Bobby Drake is an original member of that team. I am beyond tired of the whole "Bobby Drake is insecure" schtick.

If there's anything at all that's made me chuckle about the X-titles, it's that they've had the largest lawn gnomes in history planted right on their front yard. Astonishing has been the only real plus among those titles.

Johnny Footstool
01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Astonishing has been the only real plus among those titles.

Absolutely right. Kitty/Piotr is one soap-opera that is actually interesting.

I also really like Whedon's depiction of Cyclops. I loved it when he cleared that Sentinel off his lawn a few issues ago.

SteelSD
01-20-2006, 01:43 PM
way disagree with you on Spidey. "The Other" is exactly the kind of life the books needed. Spiderman was getting bread wrapper left open for a week kind of stale. Adding him to the Avengers was a good start. Having half a dozen heroes know his identity is another good start. Seeing him interact with Steve Rogers out of costume, with Peter obviously uncomfortable around him and Tony Stark (awestruck) is just great. Being jealous of Logan, the whole conversation between Luke and Peter trying to figure out who Echo is. New Avengers can be a really good book.

Oh, I agree with you about New Avengers. The writing in that book has been excellent from the start. And I like the integration of Petey, but not so much Wolverine. Logan is stretched so thin that I've begun to consider Wolverine to be multiple characters.

It's just that now we're moving into the realm of "Secret War" cleanup in that book. It appears that Spider-Woman is a double...no...triple (or quadruple) agent for...no...against (?) Hydra. Ugh.

Plus I like the idea of making peter question his own origin. The thought that his powers are mystical in origin instead of science based makes for turning his world upside down kind of fun to watch. It's like he has to learn everything all over again, and instead of Reed Richards, he needs Dr. Strange. It opens a whole new world of villains for him, and quite frankly, I'm sick of the same old bad guys.

Maybe I'll get a better take on it when I read the TPB. I dunno. But stingers? STINGERS?!!??? After the 90's, Marvel should have made a rule- No more characters are to be created who have claws/stingers/blades of any kind and no current characters are to add claws/stingers/blades of any kind. Even X-23 annoys me.

It's not so much the messing with Peter Parker's head that bugs me (that's typical Spidey stuff). And I don't mind playing around with the idea that he may have been destined to get his powers even without radioactive spider intervention- even though the purist in me says "Leave the origin alone".

Like I said, I'm glad you're enjoying it and maybe I'll gain a better appreciation for the story when I do more than take a three-minute read at the local comic shop. But the stingers have to go.

And yes, House of M sucked, but that's ok... DeciMation is worse.

DeciMation following up House of M is like washing down a poop sandwich with a urine cocktail.

And speaking of bad ideas, I've yet to find anyone who'll actually admit to reading the current "Nick Fury's Howling Commandos".

SteelSD
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Absolutely right. Kitty/Piotr is one soap-opera that is actually interesting.

I also really like Whedon's depiction of Cyclops. I loved it when he cleared that Sentinel off his lawn a few issues ago.

Cassiday rules. Dunno if you've read "Planetary" yet. If not, purchase the TPB's immediately. It's his best work.

And Whedon is the bomb. Truly gifted writer. IMHO, he's the most capable of creating actual interesting interpersonal character relationships of any writer in the business. Takes a character and makes it his without actually making him/her appear to be...well, out of character. That's the only way I can describe it.

BTW, If anyone reading likes Whedon's work and hasn't seen either the "Firefly" TV series or the "Serenity" movie, I suggest picking them up. Brilliant stuff.

TRF
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Serenity abso-freaking-lutely rocked. best sci-fi shoot'em movie ever.. it actually had depth. fantastic film.

I hadn't heard about the stingers... that's different and more than likely temporary. stingers?

I like May's interaction with Jarvis. I like how Tony has taken a father figure role with Peter. I am not looking forward to the Iron Spidey costume..

really... stingers? hmph. dunno about that.

Agree on Bobby Drake. guy has been labeled insecure for a decade now. But for a little while they had him dead on. Cocky. Brash. a cold spidey with a slightly duller wit.

RFS62
01-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Serenity was off the charts awesome.

Falls City Beer
01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Serenity was off the charts awesome.

I agree. It was great. And I hate sci-fi.

SteelSD
01-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Serenity was just a great experience for me. The dialogue simply rocked. Because of that and the action it has tremendous replay value for me. I've probably watched it about 10 times.

The BEST part is that I figured out it was a movie sequel to "Firefly" (a show I'd barely heard of), so I was like "YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE?!??". Went online and purchased the Firefly collection immediately and watched those episodes twice. Brilliant stuff.

Even got my local comic book dealer to sell me the Serenity comics at cover price today because I loaned him the series to watch before he watches the Serenity movie he got as a gift. Good stuff!

Tony Cloninger
01-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Is there not an Iron Man movie in the works?

Collin Ferrell would make a great Tony Stark.
So would Bana...... but yes i know they have already played parts in other movies.

His story is good...can deal with Vietnam and alcoholism.

Puffy
01-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Is there not an Iron Man movie in the works?

Collin Ferrell would make a great Tony Stark.
So would Bana...... but yes i know they have already played parts in other movies.

His story is good...can deal with Vietnam and alcoholism.

Yes, there is - but no casting has been done yet.

Puffy
01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
The BEST part is that I figured out it was a movie sequel to "Firefly" (a show I'd barely heard of), so I was like "YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE?!??". Went online and purchased the Firefly collection immediately and watched those episodes twice. Brilliant stuff.

Joss Whedon is the Man. Buffy and Angel were two of my favorite shows ever. He can do no wrong in my book, or if he can, well, he has a lot of leeway.

TRF
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought Nick Cage was going to do Iron Man. He is doing Ghost Rider.

Just read a few spoilers on Infinite Crisis. Superboy Prime looks to be the next major villain in the DCU if he survives the crisis.

Puffy
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Just read a few spoilers on Infinite Crisis. Superboy Prime looks to be the next major villain in the DCU if he survives the crisis.

Nope - I believe no one has been cast yet, at least according to this site:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/iron-man.asp

Tony Cloninger
01-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry...but i do not really like Francis Ford Cage's acting style at all.

His face does make a good Ghost Rider though.

If Vin Diesel was not sooo buff....he would make a good Silver Surfer.

SteelSD
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry...but i do not really like Francis Ford Cage's acting style at all.

His face does make a good Ghost Rider though.

If Vin Diesel was not sooo buff....he would make a good Silver Surfer.

Rumor has it that Cage desperately wanted to play Superman. He's a HUGE comic book geek. Sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of books in the last few years. Ghost Rider, IMHO, is the perfect role for him.

If you want a good Silver Surfer, give the job to Cole Hauser.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/90/23/48m.jpg

I think Dougray Scott would be a perfect Tony Stark.

Colin Farrell would fit, but he's Bullseye so that wouldn't work out.

SteelSD
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM

Yeah, SB Prime went all nutty last issue. Good stuff.

Sabo Fan
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah, SB Prime went all nutty last issue. Good stuff.

Not to hijack the thread here, but can someone explain to me exactly what happened with all the Flashes when they swooped in and took off with Superboy-Prime? I know Jay Garrick said that the Speed Force was gone, but what's with Barry Allen showing up?

SteelSD
01-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Not to hijack the thread here, but can someone explain to me exactly what happened with all the Flashes when they swooped in and took off with Superboy-Prime? I know Jay Garrick said that the Speed Force was gone, but what's with Barry Allen showing up?

I'm not sure that's going to be explained for another 4 months.

Flash is going to re-start at #1 when it's all over. My assumption is that Wally (plus his family) and Bart are going to end up somewhere other than Earth 1 (possibly Earth Prime). Barry Allen showed up, IMHO, because he's always known what was going to happen- even his death in the initial Crisis. He's spent time in the future before that so it makes sense to me. Basically, Barry Allen knew that he'd be needed at this point in time (as did the rest of the Flashes) so they showed up. And I don't doubt at all that Barry Allen will be back in the DC universe because I assume there will be something that happens that will undo the initial Crisis merging. In fact, I think that Captain Atom's flipping over to the Wildstorm universe was an indication that DC is ready to re-expand. I could be wrong, but the indicators allow us to lean toward that.

And I'm actually glad that the Speed Force is gone. I've long thought that it was a construct to make the Flashes more powerful than they actually should have been. The Speed Force being gone would also allow for Wally and Bart to be trapped to wherever it is that they've gone. No more infinite speed means no more crossing over or time travel. And I'm quite ok with that.

TRF
01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Barry said he'd visit Wally three times. This is time number three. I really need to get all the issues of IC... I've only read the spoilers and messageboards.

Barry coming back is possible, as IC is really just another retcon of the DC universe, but i enjoyed watching Wally grow into the job. I'm on the fence about the speed force being gone. I don't really want quicksilver in the DC universe. One of the coolest scenes IN JLA was in the Fernus storyline where wally moved half a million people in .0000001 seconds. yeah I know that makes him uber powerful, but it was still a very cool scene.

TRF
01-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Regarding Cage and Iron Man. I had heard at one time he was looked at for the part, but I am ok with him as Ghost Rider.

Now if only they can figure out a good Captain America film... Maybe Barry Pepper? he's got the jaw for it.

Sabo Fan
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure that's going to be explained for another 4 months.

Flash is going to re-start at #1 when it's all over. My assumption is that Wally (plus his family) and Bart are going to end up somewhere other than Earth 1 (possibly Earth Prime). Barry Allen showed up, IMHO, because he's always known what was going to happen- even his death in the initial Crisis. He's spent time in the future before that so it makes sense to me. Basically, Barry Allen knew that he'd be needed at this point in time (as did the rest of the Flashes) so they showed up. And I don't doubt at all that Barry Allen will be back in the DC universe because I assume there will be something that happens that will undo the initial Crisis merging. In fact, I think that Captain Atom's flipping over to the Wildstorm universe was an indication that DC is ready to re-expand. I could be wrong, but the indicators allow us to lean toward that.

And I'm actually glad that the Speed Force is gone. I've long thought that it was a construct to make the Flashes more powerful than they actually should have been. The Speed Force being gone would also allow for Wally and Bart to be trapped to wherever it is that they've gone. No more infinite speed means no more crossing over or time travel. And I'm quite ok with that.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Thanks to TRF too.

Actually after posting I went over to IGN and they have a "Contemplating Crisis" article about the Flashes. Interesting stuff.

Seems to me that DC's intention is to bring back the multiverse as well. That's fine with me, as it always seemed strange to have the JSA and JLA running around the same planet. My guess is they won't have too many Earths, maybe just Earth-1 and Earth-2. That would seem to work ok.