PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton breaks off engagement

savafan
10-01-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/01/parishilton.engagement.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Paris Hilton has ended her five-month engagement to a Greek shipping heir, a celebrity magazine reported.

The celebutante broke off wedding plans with Paris Latsis, according to a report posted Friday on Us Weekly's Web site.

"I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement," Hilton told the magazine.

"Over the last couple months I've realized that this is the right decision for me," Hilton said.

"We remain best of friends, and I'll always love him," Hilton's statement added. "I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time."
Spring engagement

Hilton, 24 and Latsis, 22, became engaged in the spring.

"I'm so in love and grateful to have found such an honest and loyal person," Hilton told Us Weekly at the time.

"I feel like we were meant to be, and I'm happy to have found someone to spend the rest of my life with. He's amazing in every way."

Latsis gave the hotel heiress and reality television show star a 24 carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring.

It was not immediately clear what would happen to the ring.

Reds4Life
10-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I can't believe it, this is so sad.

kyred14
10-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Shocking.

MWM
10-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Is there a bigger waste of time out there than Paris Hilton. Maybe Ashton Kutcher, but that's about all I can think of.

WVRed
10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Is there a bigger waste of time out there than Paris Hilton. Maybe Ashton Kutcher, but that's about all I can think of.

Kevin Federline says hello.

Sham
10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey, the South Park homage to Paris was pretty funny.

OldRightHander
10-01-2005, 09:24 PM
That's a person? I thought it was a hotel in France.

TeamMorris
10-01-2005, 10:47 PM

As for Paris...Oh my, what a huge shock to the world!!

Still not sure what the hang up with Kutcher is!? He is young, is an OK actor, dated Demi for longer than most (stars or not) before they got married and she is an "older woman". The problem :dunno: Sometimes I feel sorry for stars being in the spot light all the time.

Jaycint
10-01-2005, 11:19 PM
As for Paris...Oh my, what a huge shock to the world!!

Still not sure what the hang up with Kutcher is!? He is young, is an OK actor, dated Demi for longer than most (stars or not) before they got married and she is an "older woman". The problem :dunno: Sometimes I feel sorry for stars being in the spot light all the time.

What did it for me was his stupid Punk'd tv show.

macro
10-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Does this not pretty much end any chance the world ever had of someone named Paris marrying someone named Paris?

RFS62
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Does this not pretty much end any chance the world ever had of someone named Paris marrying someone named Paris?

No, we'll always have Paris.

Dan
10-02-2005, 10:28 AM

My ex-wife had a great aunt and great uncle, married to each other, both were named Pearl.

/yes I know it's not quite the same, but still...

westofyou
10-02-2005, 10:56 AM
My ex-wife had a great aunt and great uncle, married to each other, both were named Pearl.

/yes I know it's not quite the same, but still...

Hint: If you don't think about her she doesn't exist.

BTW I know a couple in Terrace Park both named Gene/Jean

MrCinatit
10-02-2005, 11:07 AM
this unfortunately does mean the much anticipated Paris Meats Paris Official Honeymoon DVD will no longer be available on Amazon.

missionhockey21
10-02-2005, 11:51 AM
If those two crazy kids couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

savafan
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
If those two crazy kids couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

plenty

KronoRed
10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Bummer news.

HotCorner
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
celebutante

I love how the media will create new words to suit their needs. I feel so much smarter. ;)

registerthis
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I love how the media will create new words to suit their needs. I feel so much smarter. ;)
Yeah, they do that because Paris doesn't actually DO anything that would warrant her being called a "celebrity". So they have to create something.

RFS62
10-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Celebuskank works better for me.

GAC
10-03-2005, 06:37 PM
The guy should be thankful in the longrun. How would you like being married to, and expecting to trust, a spoiled debutante who loves to gallavant around the world partying with her GF's? Like anyone expected this marriage to last if it did occur?

Money can't buy you love. ;)