PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Headlines...

smith288
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
http://www.ejsmithweb.com/fr/wesuck.png

Yea...Michigan does suck.

Unassisted
10-07-2005, 06:08 PM
The maize-and-blue have stumbled this year, but I seem to remember more upsets than blowouts in the Ohio State-Michigan series. It's too soon for Ohio State to look past this weekend's opponent, too.

smith288
10-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Alrighty...but this is just a fark of UM. Who suck this year.

MWM
10-07-2005, 08:42 PM
At least we're smart while we're sucking.

Cedric
10-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Good post.

smith288
10-07-2005, 09:32 PM
At least we're smart while we're sucking.
*snort*

Smart? I like the frat party shooting to the right of the picture and on the real paper, under the pic is a story about some UM people arrested for peeing on some poor asian dude.

Smart indeed.

MWM
10-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Do you really want to go down the path of comparing the two schools based on something other than sports? That's not a battle the Buckeyes can win! :D BUt they should beat Michigan in football this year if they don't choke.

Cedric
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Depends on the program. My masters work that starts next year is much better at TOSU than Michigan. But overall I can't argue with you.

GAC
10-08-2005, 06:24 AM
What do you do when you find a Michigan graduate standing on your doorstep?

Pay him for the pizza!

redsfan30
10-08-2005, 11:50 AM
What's the best 3 years of any Michigan football player's life??

His freshman year.

westofyou
10-08-2005, 12:01 PM
What's Michigan Football's all time record against OSU?

57-38-6

Red Leader
10-08-2005, 12:19 PM

57-38-6

What's Ohio State's all time record against Michigan? :confused:

(it's a joke, just a joke....)

MWM
10-08-2005, 01:10 PM

57-38-6

I lke that comeback, but the only problem is that you have to go back to the 20s and 30s to get to the point where it isn't an even matchup.

westofyou
10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I lke that comeback, but the only problem is that you have to go back to the 20s and 30s to get to the point where it isn't an even matchup.

Do the Reds still count the 1919 and 1940 World Series wins?

Would you rather live in Columbus or Ann Arbor?:mooner:

MWM
10-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Sure they still count, but it seems a little desparate to bring it up, IMO. Pretty much since every person on this board has been alive it's been a pretty even matchup.

BTW, I love Ann Arbor and would live her for the rest of my life if there were good career opportunities. This is a fantastic place to live. We're going to hate to leave next June.

westofyou
10-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Sure they still count, but it seems a little desparate to bring it up, IMO.

Pretty much on par with the picture in post #1.:mooner:

But hey... I'm a UM fan so don't listen to me. :lol:

KronoRed
10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Worst loss in OSU history

Michigan 86
OSU 0
10-25-1902

I'm not a fan of either team, just having some fun :D

OldRightHander
10-08-2005, 06:07 PM
How 'bout them Gophers?

smith288
10-08-2005, 06:11 PM
How many wolverines does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. 1 to screw the bulb in the 9 to pee on the nearest asian guy.

GAC
10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
How 'bout them Gophers?

How about them Nittany Lions?

I'm starting to hate Tressel and his unimaginative offensive schemes more and more.

I used to rail on Cooper for having the talent and not being able to do much with it when it counts. Tressel is succeeding him. I've never seen such a predictable and pitiful offense.

And Smith may be able to run (see how PS set their defense up to stuff their running game and QB option) - because they know that Smith cannot throw.

OSU opponents will be studying the game films of this game. ;)

Jaycint
10-09-2005, 10:43 AM

57-38-6

I guess you could rephrase this to ask "Has any other team beaten Michigan 38 times in history?"

http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=3092

Unassisted
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
How about them Nittany Lions?

I'm starting to hate Tressel and his unimaginative offensive schemes more and more.

I used to rail on Cooper for having the talent and not being able to do much with it when it counts. Tressel is succeeding him. I've never seen such a predictable and pitiful offense.

And Smith may be able to run (see how PS set their defense up to stuff their running game and QB option) - because they know that Smith cannot throw.

OSU opponents will be studying the game films of this game. ;)I listened to the Bucks radio feed while watching the game and they said that Troy was having trouble seeing his open receivers because of the low angle of the portable lighting used at Beaver Stadium. He certainly ran the ball much more than he should have last night. Every time he took off with the ball, I was expecting a fumble—and it finally came at the worst possible time.

Generally, I'm quick to defend Tressel's conservative offense, but I can see that Ginn is certainly not being used in ways that will enable him to put up big numbers. OTOH, he had a couple of mental lapses that cost the Buckeyes yards last night, so maybe Tressel is afraid to feature him more in the offense.

On a side note, during the Buckeyes game, I was also listening to a live radio stream of my high school's game. First time they've ever had a game on the Internet, AFAIK. They finally lost in 2 OTs, right around mid-3rd quarter of the Buckeyes game. :(

Caseyfan21
10-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I listened to the Bucks radio feed while watching the game and they said that Troy was having trouble seeing his open receivers because of the low angle of the portable lighting used at Beaver Stadium. He certainly ran the ball much more than he should have last night. Every time he took off with the ball, I was expecting a fumble—and it finally came at the worst possible time.

Generally, I'm quick to defend Tressel's conservative offense, but I can see that Ginn is certainly not being used in ways that will enable him to put up big numbers. OTOH, he had a couple of mental lapses that cost the Buckeyes yards last night, so maybe Tressel is afraid to feature him more in the offense.

On a side note, during the Buckeyes game, I was also listening to a live radio stream of my high school's game. First time they've ever had a game on the Internet, AFAIK. They finally lost in 2 OTs, right around mid-3rd quarter of the Buckeyes game. :(

I think Ginn's problem is his lack of effort in trying to be involved personally. I was one of his biggest supporters at the beginning of the year eating up the "Teddy for Heisman" junk. However, his lack of hustle and effort is really getting old. I don't know how many times on replays they showed his routes last night. I will have to reserve judgement until next weekend when I see the game in person but it sure doesn't look to me like he's running crisp routes at 100%. It seems he is out there going through the motions just expecting the ball and when he finally gets the ball he turns it on. As for the punt returns, why isn't Santonio out there? That little mess up in the 4th quarter could have been the end for the Buckeyes but luckily he didn't majorly mess up. I say put Holmes and Gonzalez as your kick returners and promote Roy Hall up in the wide receiver depth chart. Sit Teddy down and let him decide if he wants to go back to giving 100% like last year. He is way too deliberate when he gets the ball and it's really getting old watching him try to dance away from half the other team's defense and always lose yards in the process.

Unassisted
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I think Ginn's problem is his lack of effort in trying to be involved personally. I was one of his biggest supporters at the beginning of the year eating up the "Teddy for Heisman" junk. However, his lack of hustle and effort is really getting old. I don't know how many times on replays they showed his routes last night. I will have to reserve judgement until next weekend when I see the game in person but it sure doesn't look to me like he's running crisp routes at 100%. It seems he is out there going through the motions just expecting the ball and when he finally gets the ball he turns it on. As for the punt returns, why isn't Santonio out there? That little mess up in the 4th quarter could have been the end for the Buckeyes but luckily he didn't majorly mess up. I say put Holmes and Gonzalez as your kick returners and promote Roy Hall up in the wide receiver depth chart. Sit Teddy down and let him decide if he wants to go back to giving 100% like last year. He is way too deliberate when he gets the ball and it's really getting old watching him try to dance away from half the other team's defense and always lose yards in the process.Good points there, Cf21. I hope Tressel spends some time "under the hood" this week, because there's more tinkering that needs to be done with this team.

GAC
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
I think we are gonna find out, as the season, progresses, that Smith is not our answer at QB. He doesn't read defenses well and is quick to give up on play development and "tuck n run". And while I think he has a powerful arm, he doesn't have an accurate arm.

Spring~Fields
10-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I've never seen such a predictable and pitiful offense.

I love it when Redzoners set office politics aside and tell the truth. :)

I can't understand how Tressel, obviously a good coach that can find good people to establish very good defenses and special teams, just can't seem to get his act together with the offense and the people that can get the job done as well as they do on defense and special teams. Clearly they know football, but what, how, why, where in the devil are they when it comes to the offense side of the game?

They might call a different number on certain plays, but the direction of the play is very predictable and the outcome........the low scoring even during their championship year and ever since speaks for that. Every play is an adventure and an anxiety attack waiting to happen.

Caseyfan21
10-09-2005, 10:08 PM
I think we are gonna find out, as the season, progresses, that Smith is not our answer at QB. He doesn't read defenses well and is quick to give up on play development and "tuck n run". And while I think he has a powerful arm, he doesn't have an accurate arm.

I agree 100% with you. He has that big play possibility but you can also pretty much guarentee he will have 1-2 turnovers because he can't run and protect the ball at the same time. If he could learn not turn it over when the game is on the line, I like him, but he has not shown me that minus the Michigan game last year. I think we are all really missing Craig Krenzel right now. I will admit I sometimes got frustrated with him for not being able to make the "home run" type plays but I would sure kill for a QB that could just protect the ball and run an adequate offense. I also don't think Zwick is the answer. Personally, I would stick with Smith for now but if there is another loss here I would just let Boeckman get some more playing time because he will be the man next year. At this point we still have an ok shot at the Big 10 title but one more loss would ruin that and if that should happen I think Boeckman needs a good look.

Good points there, Cf21. I hope Tressel spends some time "under the hood" this week, because there's more tinkering that needs to be done with this team.

I think the best thing for OSU in the future would be for Tressel to get an offensive coordinator or offensive play caller. I think we may have an offensive coordinator but I believe Tressel makes most of the play calls. His offense is so predictable my friends and I called every play on 2 straight series in the second quarter. If we could put in that unpredictable nature to the offense it would open things up for the playmakers such as Smith, Ginn, Holmes, and Pittman. Pittman is not going to get a whole lot of yards when the defense knows how Tressel will call it so they stack the box. Same thing for Ginn and Holmes. They can't operate when they are double teamed on the obvious passing downs. Look at the Michigan game last year to see an example of what this offense can do when they mix it up.

The one encouraging thing I did see from the offense last night was the little play action fake into a deep ball for Holmes. Neither play worked because Smith overthrew Holmes but it was still encouraging to at least see an attempt at the deep ball, something IMO that could have been there during the Texas game in the second half.

Spring~Fields
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM

The stats when lined up in a comparison to the other Big Ten teams gives us a picture that Tressels offenses are getting worse not better, and it is an eye full when viewing the offensive stats in comparison to the other Big Ten teams. I did not realize how poorly they compared until sorting through the past three years.

Big Ten Sortable Team Stats: Offense 2005, 2004, 2003

2005 Season
Total offense Ohio State - 10th
Passing - last
Rushing – last
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&sort=537&conference=I-A_BIG10&year=2005

2004 Season
Total offense Ohio State - 8th
Passing - 10th
Rushing - 7th

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-A_BIG10&year=2004

2003 Season
Total offense Ohio State 7th
Passing – 7th
Rushing – 8th

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-A_BIG10&year=2003

Defense 2005, 2004, 2003, respectively
Ohio State – 1st
Ohio State – 5th
Ohio State – 4th

Ohio State is probably DOA against teams that have an offense and that are in the range defensively