PDA

View Full Version : Dan O'Brien Corrupting our Youth

HotCorner
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051012/SPT01/510120374/1078/SPT

Note that the son, Peter, is only 9 years old.

The game

Let's see, how to best describe the game. This should do it:

Iowa quarterback Drew Tate passed for 357 yards (a career high) and three touchdowns (also a career high).

Iowa receiver Clinton Solomon totaled 166 yards (a career high) and two touchdowns on five catches.

Iowa running back Albert Young carried the ball 36 times (a career high) for 165 yards (yet another career high).

Perhaps the Boilermakers should change their name to the "Career Highs." Final score: Iowa 34, Purdue 17.

Said Purdue quarterback Brandon Kirsch after the game, "We had every opportunity to win that game."

Apparently, he didn't see the game we saw.

Peter's take: "The bottom line is that Purdue lacked the requisite ability to win the game." (As you can tell, he's a big fan of Reds general manager Dan O'Brien.)

All in all, it was a great trip. I saw a college football game for free, had lots of fun and spent time with the most important little man in my life.

As we headed home, I turned to Peter and asked what he thought about our day. He summed it up as only he can: "That was awesome."

:laugh:

MrCinatit
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
did the kid also say that, despite not coming on top, the team should continue to stay pat and see how things play out?