PDA

View Full Version : Your Last Meal

savafan
10-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Not to be completely morbid, but if you could choose your last meal before leaving this world, what would you like to have?

I'd ask for a plate of pulled pork from Burbank's BBQ with all of the sauces on the side, a basket of the sweet cornbread and two sides of sweet potato casserole washed down with a Newcastle Nut Brown Ale and a Friendly's Super Reese's Pieces sundae for dessert.

SunDeck
10-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Shrimp and Grits, cornbread, a pint of Guinnes. Dessert of Espresso, New York cheesecake and a shot of Jameson, neat.

creek14
10-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Turkey
Homemade noodles
Sweet potato caserole
Mashed potatoes
Corn
Pumkin Pie

I hope I don't die on Thanksgiving.

Chip?? Will we be seeing you?

westofyou
10-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Mali Kofta
Paneer Tikka Masala
Rice
Garlic Nan
Pappadum
Aam ka Achaar
Cucumbers and Yogurt
-----------
Ice Tea

Dessert
Rasmalai
Kheer

creek14
10-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Garlic Nan

Yum!

reds1869
10-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure, but I do know almost all of mine would involve deep frying and alcohol.

KronoRed
10-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Cheese Pizza, apple juice and strawberry shortcake.

Patrick Bateman
10-29-2005, 02:57 PM
A big tub of mint chocloate chip icecream.

It8ifyifitsgrif
10-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I would have the biggest plate of 3-way chili from skyline, with LOTS of hot sauce to get aclimated to the climate:evil: :evil: :devil:

RFS62
10-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Stone Crab claws, drawn butter, corn on the cob, fries, beer.

jmcclain19
10-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Fine Rib eye done medium rare

Spiced Potato with butter and cheese.

Warm Apple Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream

All downed with a healthy helping of Knob Creek and Coke. Heavy on the Knob Creek.

And each course will be brought to me by an army of amicable wait staff much like these fine ladies

http://www.smokinghotwaitress.com/oneadmin/_files/photogallery/Typhon_Saloon.jpg

http://www.smokinghotwaitress.com/oneadmin/_files/photogallery/Coyotes_Calgary8.jpg

ghettochild
10-29-2005, 04:38 PM
two 3 ways
sausage and peperonni pizza
bacon burger plain
hawian chicken breast

mountian dew and ice tea

UDF chocolate milkshake

KittyDuran
10-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Salmon patties
Cornbread
Fried Potatoes w/onions and red pepper
Green Onions
Green Beans
Cottage Cheese
Iced Tea or Sprite
Cherry Cordial Ice Cream or UDF Chocolate Malt

KittyDuran
10-29-2005, 04:39 PM
two 3 ways
sausage and peperonni pizza
bacon burger plain
hawian chicken breast

mountian dew and ice tea

UDF chocolate milkshake

Ooo... I want a UDF chocolate MALT!!! [Giant size, please]

Chip R
10-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Chip?? Will we be seeing you?

Sure. :)

As for me, I'd want to have my last meal to be at an all you can eat place. ;)

TeamCasey
10-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Crab legs
Steak fries
Real cheesecake

Flaming Hot popcorn while you let me watch Godfather I and II one more time.

Joseph
10-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Pork chops
au grautin potatoes
peas
crescent rolls

TeamCasey
10-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Scratch my early one.

I think I'd go for breakfast.

Eggs, bacon, hash browns, english muffin and good coffee.

Johnny Footstool
10-30-2005, 01:34 AM
A hand-cut two-pound slab of hickory-smoked medium rare prime rib from Fiorella's Jack's Stack BBQ, including a grilled veggie-kabob on the side (no mushrooms). Some Boulevard Wheat beer to wash it down. A nice, phat chunk of Dutch Apple Struessel from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.

GAC
10-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Mali Kofta
Paneer Tikka Masala
Rice
Garlic Nan
Pappadum
Aam ka Achaar
Cucumbers and Yogurt
-----------
Ice Tea

Dessert
Rasmalai
Kheer

That definitely would be my last meal because in and of itself it would kill me for sure! :lol:

westofyou
10-30-2005, 09:42 AM
That definitely would be my last meal because in and of itself it would kill me for sure! :lol:

BTW I forgot Samosa's and Pakora's

The spice level would be about a 7... with 10 being "Indian Hot" which is almost undoable by me. So I'll stick to the 7.

deltachi8
10-30-2005, 05:05 PM
a coffee crisp bar and a mocha shake from steak and shake

OldRightHander
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
BTW I forgot Samosa's and Pakora's

Too bad you live so darn far away. My Kenyan wife is always making samosas will hot peppers ground up in the meat. If you lived in town, I'd invite you over to help finish them off.

As for me, I would have to go for a huge platter of fried seafood from Red Lobster: flounder, clams, scallops, and a bunch of that coconut shrimp. Then throw a whole lobster and a grilled trout on the side. Top that off with some thick steak fries, corn on the cob, fresh green beans, and my own homemade dinner rolls. I have the best recipe for dinner rolls.

Red Leader
10-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Appetizer: Chicken Tortilla Soup, huge bowl
in preparation for the main course: Salad with cucumber, bacon bits, tomato, green pepper, and lots of croutons (the crunchier the better) Ranch dressing.
Main Course: 10 oz Filet Mignon (cooked medium) with mushrooms and a side of grilled shrimp. Side of steak fries with vinegar on them.
Plenty of fresh rolls with butter.

Large Coke to drink.

westofyou
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
My Kenyan wife is always making samosas will hot peppers ground up in the meat. If you lived in town, I'd invite you over to help finish them off.

But alas, I don't dabble in the meat.. but I bet she can cook up some other goodies for me.

BuckU
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Bagel Bites

OldRightHander
10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
But alas, I don't dabble in the meat.. but I bet she can cook up some other goodies for me.

She can make veggie versions as well. She's made them that way before. She makes a pretty good bread called mandazi as well and I've also taken a liking to chapati, but ugali is just too bland.

westofyou
10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
but ugali is just too bland.

That's the big spongy bread correct? If so I agree, I like chapati... but i'm a bread guy I'll eat any bread anytime.

OldRightHander
10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
That's the big spongy bread correct?

Yep, made by pouring corn mean in a pot of boiling water and stirring it until it has some consistency. I don't care for it much. She made a big mess of chapati yesterday and we had it with lunch when we got home from church.

savafan
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM
WOY,

If I may ask, why are you a vegetarian? I was vegan for two years on doctor's orders once, and I enjoyed it, but now that I don't have to eat vegan it is too expensive for my budget to buy those foods. If it wasn't though, you can bet I'd still be a herbivore.

westofyou
10-31-2005, 02:11 PM
If I may ask, why are you a vegetarian?
Meat is too much work IMO, takes control of the flavor of everything as well.

I'm not a vegan, I eat cheese and milk products and eggs. But as a cook I find that I can get more out non meat items than meat items.

My wife eats meat but is grossed out by it so I have to cook it for her.

GAC
11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Meat is too much work IMO, takes control of the flavor of everything as well.

I'm not a vegan, I eat cheese and milk products and eggs. But as a cook I find that I can get more out non meat items than meat items.

My wife eats meat but is grossed out by it so I have to cook it for her.

Butwho has to kill it? :D

westofyou
11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Butwho has to kill it? :D
Only organic and non factory farm meats.

MWM
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
I like the idea of a 3 way. And maybe some Skyline to go along with it. :evil:

GAC
11-03-2005, 08:01 AM
We are actually getting a Skylines up here in Bellefontaine. I really don't know what people see in them. After I scraped away all the cheese and stuff and got a look at the size of the hotdog I'm reminded of that scene with George Constanza... "I WAS IN THE POOL!" :lol:

westofyou
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
We are actually getting a Skylines up here in Bellefontaine. I really don't know what people see in them. After I scraped away all the cheese and stuff and got a look at the size of the hotdog I'm reminded of that scene with George Constanza... "I WAS IN THE POOL!" :lol:
The Hot Dog in Cincinnati Chili is as important as the keyboard player in the Stones.

You don't need it, if it ain't there you sure don't worry about it and if it sucks you set it aside and enjoy the rest.

MWM
11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Yep, that's why I usually order chili cheese sandwiches, which is nothing more than than a cheese coney without the hot dog. It just gets in the way of the real stuff.

westofyou
11-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Yep, that's why I usually order chili cheese sandwiches, which is nothing more than than a cheese coney without the hot dog. It just gets in the way of the real stuff.
That's a Coney, Dog not Home

TRF
11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
30 sliders and 2 liters of Mountain Dew.

damn i'm hungry.

Caveat Emperor
11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
If I have to punch my ticket (and I will, if the Bucs lose to the Panthers this weekend), I'm thinking a full slab of Montgomery Inn Ribs (with some Saratoga Chips on the side) might do the trick for a last meal.

Maybe get a couple of Chilitos (with spaghetti on the inside) from Skyline as an appetizer.

Or, if it was a really quick thing -- the sun just exploded and we have 15 minutes until the shockwave destorys the Earth -- I'd hit up Taco Bell for 2 Grande Soft Tacos, a Spicy Chicken Burrito, and a Grilled Chicken Stuft Burrito with a Diet Pepsi to drink.

Any of the above would be satisfactory.

OldRightHander
11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Or, if it was a really quick thing -- the sun just exploded and we have 15 minutes until the shockwave destorys the Earth --

If that was the case, food might not be the first thing on my mind, but that depends on the time of day and if my wife is home from work yet.

savafan
11-03-2005, 10:44 AM
If that was the case, food might not be the first thing on my mind, but that depends on the time of day and if my wife is home from work yet.

15 minutes left? Forget the fiancee, I'm grabbing the first willing woman I see. :D

NYMoose
11-03-2005, 01:14 PM
A visit to the Clam Shack in Kennebunkport, Maine for some fried scallops would do it. At least a quart of them.

OldRightHander
11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
A visit to the Clam Shack in Kennebunkport, Maine for some fried scallops would do it. At least a quart of them.

That sounds good too. I've never been to Maine, but I do like scallops. Red Lobster has a meal they call the Admiral's Feast: scallops, clams, fish, and shrimp all on one plate. I usually get that and take enough home for another meal, but I think in that case I could finish the whole thing in one sitting.

westofyou
11-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I know that place.

Rojo
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Shrimp cocktail, Sierra Nevada, Maker's Mark, Fried Chicken, Corn-on-the-cob, fried Okra, iced tea, Au Gratin, Pecan Pie a-la-mode (vanilla bean).

pedro
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
A really good burrito.

NYMoose
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I know that place.

A 4 hour and 30 minute drive for me. Wife and I did a day trip there this summer. You can't beat eating there and then spending a few hours walking on the beach.

westofyou
11-03-2005, 03:22 PM
A 4 hour and 30 minute drive for me. Wife and I did a day trip there this summer. You can't beat eating there and then spending a few hours walking on the beach.
I was walking on the beach there in 1991 and Bush senior was fishing in a boat off shore with about 6 boats surrounding him and full of SS guys and gals.

NYMoose
11-03-2005, 03:41 PM
I was walking on the beach there in 1991 and Bush senior was fishing in a boat off shore with about 6 boats surrounding him and full of SS guys and gals.

We actually met senior about 10 years ago. Nice to talk to, Barbara on the other hand was not. A SS guy actually spoke to me about the Reds hat I was wearing, said his friend was a scout for them.

REDREAD
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
lobster
prime rib
nachos with everything
french fries with tons of ketchup
mike's hard lemonaide
homemade garlic bread

savafan
11-04-2005, 09:02 AM

These guys?
http://www.gallagher.com/ww2/images/SS_officers_22_142.jpg

And he fought them off all by himself? Must be something to that CIA training! :eek:

Coffeybro
11-04-2005, 09:08 AM
An all you can eat seafood buffet that includes lobster tails. This way I would pace myself and leave when i'm about 100 or so. Of course there would have to be a big screen near me with MLB Extra innings subscription til i leave. :thumbup:

OldRightHander
11-04-2005, 09:12 AM
An all you can eat seafood buffet that includes lobster tails. This way I would pace myself and leave when i'm about 100 or so. Of course there would have to be a big screen near me with MLB Extra innings subscription til i leave. :thumbup:

I think I could take up residence at a seafood buffet. In my younger years when I had a higher metabolism, I went to one of those seafood buffet places near Myrtle Beach and I think I was in there for close on three hours. I would like to be able to do that and be as slim as I was back then.