PDA

View Full Version : Another Who Would You Start?

Dom Heffner
11-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Alright, a WR question.

TJ Houshmandzadeh at Baltimore

OR

This Roby kid from Tennessee at Cleveland.

Matt700wlw
11-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Houshmandzadeh. I'm not saying that because he's a Bengal....when he plays, he produces.

Gainesville Red
11-05-2005, 01:03 PM
How bout Willie Parker @ GB or Larry Johnson vs. Oakland? I think it looks like Priest Holmes and Jerome Bettis aren't going to play. I'm leaning towards Johnson. What do you think?

Matt700wlw
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I'd say Johnson, but either would probably be successful

Buckeye33
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Always start TJ, he is Palmers favorite target every game he plays. He destroys team in the slot.

Johnson is a must start now that Priest is out. He'll get 20+ carries and probably go for 110+ and at least 1 TD.

Buckeye33
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Always start TJ, he is Palmers favorite target every game he plays. He destroys team in the slot.

Johnson is a must start now that Priest is out. He'll get 20+ carries and probably go for 110+ and at least 1 TD.

Johnson goes for 22-107-2. TJ outperforms Roby.

I do so well helping other people, but my teams always have some crap happen to them. It's getting old.

Injuries on my big money team:

Duece
Javon Walker
Julius Jones
Marc Bulger

Anyways, hopefully you started LJ Dom.

Matt700wlw
11-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Note:

Don't start TJ this week...I don't see him getting many yards

:D

Gainesville Red
11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't want it to sound like I'm "happy" about anyone being out for the season, or possibly done with a career, but damn, Priest Holmes going down for the count might have just won me $100. (Thanks Larry Johnson, do me proud.)

Dom Heffner
11-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Anyways, hopefully you started LJ Dom.

I did start TJ, so thanks a lot.

I have two more for you then this week, see if you can make me 9-1:

QB:
Favre @ Atlanta
Bledsoe@Philly
or
Plummer@ Oakland

And at WR:

Rod Smith@Oak
Reggie Brown vs. Dallas
Terry Glenn@Phi
or
Brain Finneran vs. GB

I have Marvin Harrison as my other WR

I am leaning towards Plummer or Favre and Finneran, but give it to me straight. :)

Johnny Footstool
11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I like Rod Smith or Reggie Brown. Brown is unproven, but the Eagles offense is pass, pass, pass, run once, pass, pass...

Smith is the safe pick. Brown is high risk, high reward.

Buckeye33
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
QB:
Favre @ Atlanta
Bledsoe@Philly
or
Plummer@ Oakland

And at WR:

Rod Smith@Oak
Reggie Brown vs. Dallas
Terry Glenn@Phi
or
Brain Finneran vs. GB

I'd start Plummer over Favre and Bledsoe. Plummer should get at least 1 TD and probably 200+ yds against Oak. In basic scoring leagues, that's 14+ points. Plus you always have the chance of him scoring on the ground.

Favre doesn't have enough weapons to make him a worthy start anymore. Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad start either this week. Philly will not give up a lot on the ground, but their secondary is shaky.

As far as WRs go, I never start any WR that has Vick throwing to them. Glenn has really fallen off the last few weeks, so I would avoid him, so that would leave Brown and Smith.

Brown had a good 1st start, but really it was only 1 blown coverage TD that made him have a nice game. As well, Dallas has a very good D. So, with Plummer starting, I'd take the double points and start Harrison and Rod Smith.

Buckeye33
11-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I figure since we're asking, I'll throw a WDIS question out there.

RBs

Julius Jones vs Philly

or

Ronnie Brown vs NE

My other starter is LaMont Jordan. Thoughts? Currently I have Jones starting.

Buckeye33
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
So, with Plummer starting, I'd take the double points and start Harrison and Rod Smith.

Anyone else have any questions? I seem to be doing well with Redszone fantasy football questions over the last few weeks...And I actually won my game. I'm in shock.

Dom Heffner
11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Alright here it goes, again:

Favre vs. Min
Plummer vs. NYJ
or
Bledsoe vs. Det

WR:

Glenn vs. Det
R. Smith vs. NYJ
or
Houshmandzadeh

Buckeye33
11-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Stick with Plummer as your QB. The Jets O is so putrid that Plummer should have a few extra series this week. He is better than Favre and Bledsoe. Especially Bledsoe, the Dallas O isn't what it was at the beginning of the season.

As far as WRs, I assume you need to start 2, so I would go with Smith and TJ. TJ is going to catch 5-10 balls this week vs Indy. Glenn got a garbage time TD when Philly was in a prevent D last Monday night so I'm still staying away from him. Smith isn't a stud WR anymore, but he seems to be the WR Plummer looks to in the redzone.

If you only have to start 1 WR, I personally would go with TJ. 100% TJ if it is a point per reception league.

Good luck!

Dom Heffner
11-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Buckeye!

kheidg-
11-18-2005, 08:13 PM
I think I'd go with Farve and Smith or TJ

Buckeye33
11-18-2005, 09:33 PM
I think I'd go with Farve and Smith or TJ

Samkon Gado has gotten 56 carries in the last 2 games for GB. That will continue against the horrible D of the Vikings. Favre is down to Donald Driver as a WR. Ferguson got hurt again today in practice.

GB is beginning to realize they can win if they pound the ball, not throw 45+ times a game. Favre is old, he can't do that productively any longer.

Dom Heffner
11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm going with Favre and Glenn.

Detroit is terrible and Glenn averages over 100 yardfs per home game. The Colts have the #4 defense, so I think I'm gonna stay away from TJ.

I'm playing Favre because, as much as Gado gets the ball, he can still throw 2 or 3 possibly against a terrible Vikings secondary.

Favre has averaged 37.4 passing attempts this year, and last week he put it up 39 times. Gado isn't hurting, he's helping, IMHO. Gado is keeping drives alive so Favre can throw just as much, thus giving more redzone opportunities. I think, anyway. :)

We'll see. I'm 9-1 and I'm playing a pretty easy team this week, so it may not matter.

I also have Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Marvin Harrison, and Gado.

I hate to sit Gado, but I would kill myself if Tiki went off and I didn't play him.

Buckeye33
11-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm going with Favre and Glenn.

Detroit is terrible and Glenn averages over 100 yardfs per home game. The Colts have the #4 defense, so I think I'm gonna stay away from TJ.

I'm playing Favre because, as much as Gado gets the ball, he can still throw 2 or 3 possibly against a terrible Vikings secondary.

Favre has averaged 37.4 passing attempts this year, and last week he put it up 39 times. Gado isn't hurting, he's helping, IMHO. Gado is keeping drives alive so Favre can throw just as much, thus giving more redzone opportunities. I think, anyway. :)

We'll see. I'm 9-1 and I'm playing a pretty easy team this week, so it may not matter.

I also have Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Marvin Harrison, and Gado.

I hate to sit Gado, but I would kill myself if Tiki went off and I didn't play him.

Well, if you're playing a weak opponent and you have LT, Harrison, and Barber you pretty much don't have to be real worried about the Favre/Plummer debate. Going against my suggestions are done at the users own risk though. :devil:

You can't really get to upset over the Glenn/Smith debate either.

We'll see what happens. I still think Plummer does better than Favre this weekend against the putrid Jets. Good luck!

Dom Heffner
11-19-2005, 06:38 PM
We'll see what happens. I still think Plummer does better than Favre this weekend against the putrid Jets. Good luck!

Thanks for the help.

The Jets' pass defense is actually decent- they just allow a lot of rushing yards.

Bledsoe is probably the better play, but Minnesota is just too easy of an opponent to pick on, especially without Smoot.

kheidg-
11-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Dom,

Good call not starting Plummer (220 yds, 0 td, 0 int) or Bledsoe (110 yards, 0 td, 0 int). I'm pretty sure Favre will do better than that...

Buckeye33
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Dom,

Good call not starting Plummer (220 yds, 0 td, 0 int) or Bledsoe (110 yards, 0 td, 0 int). I'm pretty sure Favre will do better than that...

Indeed, you'd think Favre would get at least 1 TD tomorrow night. I will stand by my Smith over Glenn pick even if he only got 20 more yards than Glenn! It's still a win for me ;)

As well, my theory was spot on when it came to the putrid NY Jets. I figured Plummer would get at least 1 TD. Oh well.

I figure you're in decent shape with Tiki and LT having decent games and still having Favre. Unless Tony G has the best game EVER by a TE I won again, even with the other guy having Brees.

Dom Heffner
11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
I lost. The guy has the worst team in the league and my team was terrible this week. He had Donald Driver, so Favre's good night was spoiled.

Dom Heffner
11-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Alright, I hate to come to you with the same old whiney choices every week, but i tell you, I honestly have no idea what to do. The scheduling gods have not been kind to me.

Favre (@ Phi), Plummer (@ Dal), or Bledsoe (vs. Den)

And

Rod Smith, Reggie Brown, TJ Houshmandzadeh, or Terry Glenn (who i am considering just dumping, since he has disappeared). I have marvin harrison, and I can't sit him, even if he is playing Pittsburgh.

Buckeye33
11-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Alright, I hate to come to you with the same old whiney choices every week, but i tell you, I honestly have no idea what to do. The scheduling gods have not been kind to me.

Favre (@ Phi), Plummer (@ Dal), or Bledsoe (vs. Den)

And

Rod Smith, Reggie Brown, TJ Houshmandzadeh, or Terry Glenn (who i am considering just dumping, since he has disappeared). I have marvin harrison, and I can't sit him, even if he is playing Pittsburgh.

Man, that is a tough week matchup wise when it comes to your QBs. I'd think you'd have to stick with Favre this week. Gado was a one week enigma and they couldn't run the ball against the Vkings, they won't be able to against the Eagles.

I've personally dropped every Eagle quite a few notches since TO and McNabb are gone. I'd drop Brown before I'd drop Glenn.

If you only have to start one other WR to go with Harrison, I'd go with Housh or Smith. If I had to make the decision I'd go with Housh.

kheidg-
11-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Tough decision. I'd start either Plummer or Farve and Smith or TJ.

Dom Heffner
11-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Wow. Good to know I am not too far off. I have Favre and Rod Smith in right now, but I might throw TJ in at the last second. I just can't see Plummer going off tomorrow.

I really appreciate the advice, guys. I drafted the three headed monster at QB so I would not have to make decisions like this, but it seems like every week they are all playing someone easy or theyare all playing someone hard.

Buckeye33
11-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Wow. Good to know I am not too far off. I have Favre and Rod Smith in right now, but I might throw TJ in at the last second. I just can't see Plummer going off tomorrow.

I really appreciate the advice, guys. I drafted the three headed monster at QB so I would not have to make decisions like this, but it seems like every week they are all playing someone easy or theyare all playing someone hard.

Well, hopefully you kept Smith in, and he got you a TD and 50+ yds. Now you have to hope Favre put up as big a game as Bledsoe did. In my main league Bledsoe got 24 points I think. That's a pretty big day for a QB. Tough to predict a 3 TD day from old man Bledsoe.

Dom Heffner
11-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Yikes, I should have started Bledsoe. He has simply been letting me down lately, so I haven't even thought about him. I kept Smith in, thank goodness, and still have Marvin Harrison to go. TJ sits yet again.

Favre isn't going to have three against the Eagles, so hopefully the guy I am playing has a bad week. Bledsoe got over 30 points in my league, and Favre normally averages about that, so hopefully he he throws one or two and has a good yardage day.

This game is going to be the death of me. I remember playing back in the early 90s and we never worried about matchups or anything. Now I have an extra person at each position just in case of a bad matchup

Buckeye33
11-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Well Dom, Favre sucked it up pretty bad this week. In my league he got like 9 points. And it sucks Housh went off when you didn't have him starting.

I need Wayne and Clark to have good games to have a chance in my main league. The other guy had LT, S. Jackson, and Vick. LT had like 39 points in our league.

I'll need like 21 points to win, which can happen if Indy can get the O going even half as well as they did against Cincy.

Dom Heffner
11-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Buckeye, I have never had a year like this one.

I sat Bledsoe and Houshmandzadeh and was still high scorer for the week.

LaDainian, Tiki, and Marvin Harrison are simply gold.

I have clinched a playoff bye with 2 weeks to spare. I don't have a game that will matter for four weeks.

Not looking good for you so far. Manning seems like he is searching out Harrison on every play. Good luck to you.

Buckeye33
11-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Buckeye, I have never had a year like this one.

I sat Bledsoe and Houshmandzadeh and was still high scorer for the week.

LaDainian, Tiki, and Marvin Harrison are simply gold.

I have clinched a playoff bye with 2 weeks to spare. I don't have a game that will matter for four weeks.

Not looking good for you so far. Manning seems like he is searching out Harrison on every play. Good luck to you.

Yeah, I lost. Pitts D held Indy down enough and Edge was the man on the ground. Now I have to hope to win next week and 1 guy ahead of me loses so I can finish in 3rd place and not have to face the class, by far, in our league until the championship game..

Our 1st place guy has had everyone of his draft picks turn out. Here is his squad:

Bledsoe QB
Collins QB
Alexander RB
L. Johnson RB
R. Johnson RB
Anderson RB
C. Johnson WR
Fitzgerald WR
Galloway WR
Housh WR
Crumpler TE
Rackers K
Jacksonville DEF

He's outscored the 2nd highest team by like 300 points. I'm best friends with this guy and I think he made a mistake by not going out and getting Palmer or Manning with all the depth he had. If he had one of those guys he'd have a 99% chance of winning it all, now it's only like 90% ;)

Dom Heffner
11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
I think I would package Johnson and another RB for Tomlinson, or do the same for Manning, yeah. Holy crap, that;s the who's who of fantasy football for this year. He even picked Rackers? Get outta here. And Fitzgerald is one of those guys you draft and never, ever think he is going to do anything.

I must ask: how many teams are in your league? No none should have Alexander and Chad on the same team.

Dom Heffner
11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Geesh- I just saw Galloway. That guy has one of the best teams I have ever seen. :)

Buckeye33
11-30-2005, 07:28 AM
I must ask: how many teams are in your league? No none should have Alexander and Chad on the same team.

We have a 10 team league. Alexander and Chad were his 1st and 2nd round picks. My 1st round pick was Duece :(, My 2nd round pick was Julius Jones :(, My 3rd round pick was Javon Walker :(, and Bulger was my QB.

Somehow, I could still end up with the 2nd most points in the league if I have a big week this week. If I finish 2nd or 3rd in this league, I'll be incredibly happy and it will be my finest fantasy work yet. I was just demolished with injuries this year.