PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

savafan
11-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Of my two QBs, Roethlisberger is out this week and Steve McNair has a bye week.

I also have Antonio Gates and Chris Perry on bye and the possibility that Jerome Bettis may be out as well. That's a lot of holes in my offense, not to mention that having the Bengals defense they also have a bye this week. How do you make up for all of those lost points?

TStuck
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Sava,
You sound like me this week. I have Carson, TJ, Shayne Graham, and Rudi Johnson on my fantasy team.....so many holes to fill......Carson especially is difficult to replace. Big Ben was my backup, but that does me exactly 0 good right now. Out of desperation I cut Big Ben and picked up Brad Johnson (Best? available on the Free Agent list)
No matter what, I've pretty much concluded I'm toast for this week.

NJReds
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Is Deuce Staley available. You could cut Bettis and p/u Staley.

kheidg-
11-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Of my two QBs, Roethlisberger is out this week and Steve McNair has a bye week.

I also have Antonio Gates and Chris Perry on bye and the possibility that Jerome Bettis may be out as well. That's a lot of holes in my offense, not to mention that having the Bengals defense they also have a bye this week. How do you make up for all of those lost points?

Hope you are playing the guy with LT this week...

Gainesville Red
11-08-2005, 05:56 PM
I think when that happens, the answer is...........................you lose. All part of the game.

Johnny Footstool
11-09-2005, 10:26 AM
You chalk it up to experience and remember to check bye weeks during next year's draft.

As for quick fixes -- I don't think there are any at this point. The waiver wire is probably pretty bare. You might be able to trade a player on bye for a slightly lesser talent who has already had his bye, but that's pretty dangerous. Probably better to just absorb the loss.

savafan
11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Wow, I didn't make any changes to my roster and was going to absorb the loss, and I actually won this week and still have Terry Glenn going tonight.