PDA

View Full Version : Plummer or Roethlisberger

MWM
11-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Plummer is on Thanksgiving day and Big Ben is on Monday Night. The PIttsburgh offense has been offensive without Ben and Indy showed they're capable of giving up a lot of pass yards. Ben has had two TDs in every one of his starts. But it's at Indy where their defense is a little faster on the artificial stuff. Plus, Ben might not be 100%.

OTOH, Plummer is playing against a good Dallas defense.

Thoughts?

Buckeye33
11-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Plummer is on Thanksgiving day and Big Ben is on Monday Night. The PIttsburgh offense has been offensive without Ben and Indy showed they're capable of giving up a lot of pass yards. Ben has had two TDs in every one of his starts. But it's at Indy where their defense is a little faster on the artificial stuff. Plus, Ben might not be 100%.

OTOH, Plummer is playing against a good Dallas defense.

Thoughts?

This is a very tough one. Ben, when healthy is a very dependable fantasy starter, but he's coming off injury. I'd say start Plummer. Dallas should be able to slow down Denvers run game enough to the point that Plummer will have to throw enough to get a TD or 2.

The only reason to play Ben imo is if you think the game will become a shootout like the Bengals game did. I do not think Pitt can throw up points like Cincy did, but they will be able to pound the ball with the rush.

I vote Plummer.

Patrick Bateman
11-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I'd say Plummer. He's been a solid fantasy player and you never know if Ben will be his usual self after his injuries.

Matt700wlw
11-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Plummer

Red Leader
11-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I'd go with Plummer as well. This time of the season you can't afford to gamble and come up with a real bad game. I think Plummer is the safest choice here.

kheidg-
11-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Plummer

MWM
11-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks. Looks like it's unanimous! I'm glad everyone said Plummer becuase that's who I put in the lineup and this just confirms it. Now if Ben outscores him, I won't feel so bad becuase I know it was the right decision.

Buckeye33
11-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Not the best day for Plummer yesterday.

162 yds 1 TD 1 INT. In my scoring, that's like only 10 points. Hopefully Big Ben doesn't blow up and make all of us look like idiots :)

MWM
11-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it was 10 points for me as well. Not good at all. I'd be shocked if Ben doesn't beat 10 points. Oh well, these decisions are a crap shoot.

Dom Heffner
11-26-2005, 03:05 PM
MWM, I have Plummer, too, and only play him on rare occasions. He has improved over last year, but not in the land of fantasy. He throws a lot less, so sure, his INTs are down, but his yardage is also down. I play him only at home and when there is a considerable mismatch.