PDA

View Full Version : Son Spreads Mom's Ashes On Field At Eagles' Game In Tribute

savafan
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_331233514.html

(CBS 3) PHILADELPHIA A Eagles fan was charged with defiant trespass after running onto the field during Sunday's game agains the Packers and spreading his dead mother's ashes around.

The fan, whose name was not released, said his mother was a die-hard Eagles fan but didn't have a chance to go to an Eagles game before she died, police said.

Players from both teams looked on as the man ran up the middle of the field, waving a plastic bag in the air as the ashes flew out. He eventually dropped to his knees, genuflected, and was then arrested.

It was unclear whether the man was a season ticket holder or if the Eagles would take any action against him.

Unassisted
11-28-2005, 04:55 PM
It was unclear whether the man was a season ticket holder or if the Eagles would take any action against him.I'd be surprised if they don't make an example of him. That bag could have been filled with something hazardous.

wheels
11-28-2005, 06:59 PM
I told my girlfriend that if/when we get married, and I die, she has to dump my ashes onto the warning track at GAB.

creek14
11-28-2005, 10:51 PM
I had a friend in Chicago who wanted her ashes spread at old Comiskey. The Sox said no, but her son managed to do it anyway (long story). Of course now she is scattered under a parking lot.

Redsland
11-29-2005, 11:21 AM
I told my girlfriend that if/when we get married, and I die, she has to dump my ashes onto the warning track at GAB.
I've seen a few fly balls go there to die.

:)

westofyou
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
The wife and I were on a walk once and a couple was standing on a hill that overlooks the local Bird sancuary (what's that? you don't have one in your neighborhood? too bad) anyway... they had this bag of something and they threw it in the air in hopes that it blew down the hill... it didn't, it blew back and into our face.

Just ducky.

TeamCasey
11-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Don't you hate when someone gets in your face like that?

Redsland
11-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that's the kind of remembrance ceremony that can make even total strangers get choked up.

:)