View Full Version : My own "Who Do You Start?" thread

Johnny Footstool
12-02-2005, 10:56 AM
I need to start 2 WRs from this group:

Rod Smith @ KC
T.J. Houshmandzadeh @ Pittsburgh
Deion Branch vs. Jets
Drew Bennett @ Indy

Smith regularly tears KC's weak secondary to shreds.
T.J. had a huge game last week and is playing against a division opponent, so he could see softer coverage than Chad Johnson.
Branch is Tom Brady's top option, and you know Brady will be focused after his disaster last week.
The Colts pass D is weak, and the Titans will be playing catch-up and throwing the ball a lot.

NJReds
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I'd go with Smith and TJ.

kheidg-
12-02-2005, 02:30 PM
For some reason I see Drew Bennett finding paydirt this week. So I start Smith and Bennett. Pretty hard decision though because any of your guys would be viable starts this week.

Boss-Hog
12-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Here's mine (start three):

Drew Bennett vs. IND
Eric Moulds @ MIA
Jerry Porter @ SD
Reggie Wayne vs. TEN
Jason Witten @ NYG (TE's are grouped with WR's)

Reggie Wayne is pretty much a given as one of my receivers, and Jason Witten is highly unlikely, but which other two should I start? Our scoring system is a bit different, as it heavily favors those who a). score long touchdowns, in other words, it's a yardage league and b). anything under 75 receiving yards nets you 0 points (unless the receiver scores a TD, of course). There are then bonuses at 100 yards, 150 yards and so forth.

NJReds
12-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Porter always has a shot a long score...and SD likes the blitz.

Moulds v. Bennett...I'd go with Bennett because I don't like Buffalo's QB.

One thing about Witten...it's supposed to be cold and windy on Sunday in NJ, which means a lot of short passes to the TE.

kheidg-
12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I'd go with Wayne, Porter, and Bennett

MWM
12-02-2005, 11:17 PM
JF, I'd go in this order:

1 - Rod Smith
2 - Branch
3 - Housh
4 - Bennett

Johnny Footstool
12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Looks like a concensus on Smith, but a toss-up between Housh, Bennett, and Branch. I'll probably have to make a game-time decision...

Johnny Footstool
12-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I picked Housh! Looks like that was the right choice.

kheidg-
12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice pick on taking Housch.. had doubts being that they were playing Pittsburgh but TJ lit them up big time.