PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Basketball

reds1869
12-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Did anybody catch the Xavier-Illinois game yesterday? The Muskies looked very good but should never have let that HUGE lead slip away. I'm excited about this team; I'm working on my Master's at XU and they give me something to cheer about since Marshall is so sorry this year.

Reds Freak
12-04-2005, 11:28 AM
For anyone else who watched the end of this game, please back me up on this. What was with the obvious clock errors at the end of the game and why did no one else notice it?? In college basketball, the clock stops after a made basket under a minute to go in the second half. During Xavier's rally at the end of the game the clock continued to run after they made their baskets under a minute. Also, after one of the Xavier players was fouled late in the game 5 whole seconds ran off the clock before they stopped it. There was 6 seconds left when Xavier got the ball down 3 points and had to throw up a wild shot. There should have been at least 13-15 seconds on the clock when Xavier got the ball which would have allowed them to set up a play. Did anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

reds1869
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
For anyone else who watched the end of this game, please back me up on this. What was with the obvious clock errors at the end of the game and why did no one else notice it?? In college basketball, the clock stops after a made basket under a minute to go in the second half. During Xavier's rally at the end of the game the clock continued to run after they made their baskets under a minute. Also, after one of the Xavier players was fouled late in the game 5 whole seconds ran off the clock before they stopped it. There was 6 seconds left when Xavier got the ball down 3 points and had to throw up a wild shot. There should have been at least 13-15 seconds on the clock when Xavier got the ball which would have allowed them to set up a play. Did anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

You are correct. That was one of many blatant errors (read: intentional "mistakes") by the refs. I'm not normally ones to climb officials but that game was rediculous.